PDA

View Full Version : Mns 13/05/2013

patrickccfc
13/05/2013, 6:52 PM
Seeing the highlights of the city vs limerick game and how nobody spotted dan murray getting thrown across the ground as limerick were scoring their winner is just beyond me, still believe dennehy got the ball and should not have been sent off.

Also, how pats were awarded that peno against drogs is just ridiculous, bohs also very unlucky to not have had a penalty against ucd

bullit
13/05/2013, 7:01 PM
MNS still getting the names of players wrong.Like they've been around long enough to know that that realy annoys LOI supporters and it's just damn lazy too ffs.

patrickccfc
13/05/2013, 7:13 PM
MNS still getting the names of players wrong.Like they've been around long enough to know that that realy annoys LOI supporters and it's just damn lazy too ffs.
yeah during commentary on our game against limerick they said shane spillane instead of kalen

Jofspring
13/05/2013, 7:44 PM
Alex instead of Axel also.

patrickccfc
13/05/2013, 7:48 PM
Alex instead of Axel also.
if i remember correctly, our stadium announcer also called him out as alex.. tommy dunne was also called tommy burns on the show tonight

PartySaint
13/05/2013, 8:02 PM
There was also Richard Finn (Ronan Finn) and Dean Lyons (Chris Lyons)

noddy102
13/05/2013, 9:21 PM
Ger Baron in goal for UCD, eh no he wasn't. Ridiculous amount of mistakes, so amateur

bullit
13/05/2013, 9:39 PM
The two footed lunge that got Shortall(Shels) sent off was on Pat Hoban(Dundalk) according to MNS.:rolleyes:

That assault was on Mulvenna.
His(Mulvennas) squad number 15 was easy to see despite the fact he was on the deck.

Trivial maybe,but as i said,MNS are no newcomers to the LOI scene and they should be getting this kinda stuff right at this stage.

Charlie Darwin
13/05/2013, 10:13 PM
There was also Richard Finn (Ronan Finn) and Dean Lyons (Chris Lyons)
That guy at least realised he'd made a mistake but for some reason didn't bother correcting himself and just paused for a few seconds.

wonder88
13/05/2013, 10:48 PM
Only saw the 2nd half of it live tonight (will watch on iplayer later) but the mistake on Mulvenna I noticed, which was poor as he scored later in game and as pointed out here already his number was clear to see. Would the mns producers not consider getting an intern/job-bridge person in who knows the league and who could help them out as they are clearly lacking in their knowledge of what they are covering. The seems to be a lot of young people who are studing journalism who are fans of the league, and a good number of others who comment on the league on twitter who know their stuff.

Bawnville Hoop
14/05/2013, 2:17 AM
They must have used Extra time live updates that had the challenge on Hoban.

Duggie
14/05/2013, 9:08 AM
the mistakes are a joke, the guys in rte sport i dont think have a clue about most sports atal. constantly make mistakes even on radio bulletins.

White Horse
14/05/2013, 12:46 PM
They must have used Extra time live updates that had the challenge on Hoban.

You are probably corrrect. Footage is being edited using this narrative.

Hope Extratime are getting paid!

El-Pietro
14/05/2013, 1:51 PM
Seeing the highlights of the city vs limerick game and how nobody spotted dan murray getting thrown across the ground as limerick were scoring their winner is just beyond me, still believe dennehy got the ball and should not have been sent off.

Also, how pats were awarded that peno against drogs is just ridiculous, bohs also very unlucky to not have had a penalty against ucd
http://foot.ie/threads/179091-LOI-series-%28Prem%2911-12-and-9%281st-div%29-fixtures/page3

Darren Dennehy should never have been sent off. Browne could have gine four or five times given he was on a yellow for the elbow he threw.
then for the third goal he caught dan murray with two hands and shoved him. referee screwed us over and over today.
proud of the pperformance City put in this afternoon

Lim till i die
14/05/2013, 3:17 PM
Seeing the highlights of the city vs limerick game and how nobody spotted dan murray getting thrown across the ground as limerick were scoring their winner is just beyond me,

Two players hanging out of one another.

Luckily Aaron Brown posesses the strength of about eight Dan Murrays.

I commend the ref for seeing it as the fifty fifty bit of shirt pulling and dragging that it was, too often the defending team get soft free kicks from weak referees.

Not an ounce of protest from Dan Murray or any other Cork player.

And where was chocolate hands while all this was going on?? In fairness to him he probably felt he had to come to try and protect your anaemic defence.

More time in the gym and less time on the factory floor should see Dan right.

still believe dennehy got the ball and should not have been sent off.

Is winning the ball (and I don't think he did) the issue here though??

It was a dangerous, clumsy, challenge, if Kellys leg was planted it would be broke.

By your logic a player could come straight through the back of someone provided he won the ball.

If I was a Cork fan I'd be more concerned about the fact that one of my starting centre halfs appears to have the touch of a blind bumper car.

Charlie Darwin
14/05/2013, 3:27 PM
Two players hanging out of one another.

Is that the new unit of measurement in the LOI?

BonnieShels
14/05/2013, 4:14 PM
Is that the new unit of measurement in the LOI?

I always thought that's how we measured arse size and slowness?

Charlie Darwin
14/05/2013, 4:30 PM
I always thought that's how we measured arse size and slowness?
No, that's a Denis Behan. Do keep up.

bullit
14/05/2013, 4:43 PM
^^^^^^^ Lightweights^^^^^^^

El-Pietro
14/05/2013, 5:18 PM

Interestingly in the first half Aaron and Denis Behan both went for the ball in the air, and Denis easily muscled Brown off the ball, sending Brown sprawling. So I wonder how many Aaron Browns Denis is worth.