PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers to play friendly game

A face
30/09/2004, 4:47 PM
Shamrock Rovers to play friendly game

Gerry Smith’s Amateur Republic of Ireland International Squad will play Shamrock Rovers in a friendly match on Monday next, 4th October 2004 at 7pm in Home Farm Whitehall.

The game is a warm up for Smiths charges ahead of their participation in the UEFA Regions Cup.

Read more at www.soccercentral.ie (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=13997&viewstory=yes)

NY Hoop
30/09/2004, 5:02 PM
And you're not obsessed?!! :confused:

KOH

A face
30/09/2004, 5:23 PM
And you're not obsessed?!! :confused:

Look at my last 10 posts will ya ...... most of them news items that i post on E V E R Y forum on foot.ie. That is why my post count is so high.

Man ... just get over it, if i wanted to obsess over another club, it sure as hell wouldn't be Rovers, and i swear on that.

NY Hoop
04/10/2004, 12:49 PM
It's ok to be obsessed with us. You're just one of many! :D

KOH

Roo69
04/10/2004, 12:55 PM
It's ok to be obsessed with us. You're just one of many! :D

KOH

It's great to see a Rovers fan have such a good sense on houmor seeing that his club is in melt down at present ! :D

A face
04/10/2004, 1:22 PM
It's great to see a Rovers fan have such a good sense on houmor seeing that his club is in melt down at present ! :D

Oh ho .... they are cutting words !! they're true ... but cutting !!

NY hoop .... i'll stay out of this forum if you post up the news, deal ??

BeerBaron69
04/10/2004, 1:46 PM
Sure what are they playing Rovers for? The Rockmount U7's would provide a stiffer challenge :p

manic da hoop
04/10/2004, 2:16 PM

Yes you're right - we are in meltdown, and even still everyone else is just as obsessed with us as ever!

Roo69
04/10/2004, 2:32 PM
Yes you're right - we are in meltdown, and even still everyone else is just as obsessed with us as ever!

Nah not really, just great to see Rovers fans suffering

manic da hoop
04/10/2004, 2:51 PM
Crap team, **** crowds, playing our home games in a kip - Christ it's nearly as bad as being Bray Wanderers, but as a Rovers fan I wouldn'y know what it's like to be in the First Division.

Roo69
04/10/2004, 3:01 PM
Crap team, **** crowds, playing our home games in a kip - Christ it's nearly as bad as being Bray Wanderers, but as a Rovers fan I wouldn'y know what it's like to be in the First Division.

Dont worry, you'll have plenty of time to know what its like in the 1st division next season. By the way, how's Tallaght coming along ? any chance of the homeless getting re-housed soon ? Sure ya only need a patch of grass for the 1st division so when Pats turf ya out ya should be grand.

We've played eachother once this season and because Rovers are homeless and dont have their own ground good old Bray had to put them up for the night, and with half a u21's team we p*ssed all over your lot !

manic da hoop
04/10/2004, 3:18 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69]Dont worry, you'll have plenty of time to know what its like in the 1st division next season. [QUOTE]

Even the crappiest of Rovers teams always avoid relegation, as we will again this year. If I had a penny for every time I've seen Bray get relegated I'd have enough money to finish off our stadium myself. You may laugh now, but we are at our lowest ebb, and, as they say, the darkest moment comes just before dawn.

NY Hoop
04/10/2004, 3:43 PM
Dont worry, you'll have plenty of time to know what its like in the 1st division next season. By the way, how's Tallaght coming along ? any chance of the homeless getting re-housed soon ? Sure ya only need a patch of grass for the 1st division so when Pats turf ya out ya should be grand.

We've played eachother once this season and because Rovers are homeless and dont have their own ground good old Bray had to put them up for the night, and with half a u21's team we p*ssed all over your lot !

They did?! I'm heartbroken about your U21s winning :rolleyes: Think we've hit the all time low. Bray fans abusing us! BTW we're not going down. Dublin s**ty have to win 3 out of their remaining 8 just to go level with us.

If we do go down I'll buy you a pint and a rock shandy for A Face :D

KOH

Roo69
04/10/2004, 3:55 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69]Dont worry, you'll have plenty of time to know what its like in the 1st division next season. [QUOTE]

Even the crappiest of Rovers teams always avoid relegation, as we will again this year. If I had a penny for every time I've seen Bray get relegated I'd have enough money to finish off our stadium myself. You may laugh now, but we are at our lowest ebb, and, as they say, the darkest moment comes just before dawn.

Ya would'nt even have 10 cent ya dope ! jesus if materials and labour are that cheap oout in tallaght i might build a stadium out there meself ! On a serious note though, i personally think things are only going to get worse before they get better. Players havent been paid in 5 weeks, its really having an effect on the playing field, Rovers play DC on the last day of the season, could be a massive match ! especially the way things are going at the moment. I'd prefer Rovers to be in the premier anyway, cant say DC hold a place in my heart

manic da hoop
04/10/2004, 4:09 PM
Worst case scenario: we fail to gain a single point out of our remaining games, not all that unlikely a prospect given the way we are playing at the moment. In order to just catch us up, CHF would have to win at least three of their remaining eight games - a team that has just won 5 of the 28 they have played already (and only won 1, albeit against us, since Roddy took over) Face it, it ain't going to happen.