PDA

View Full Version : Buckfast

carnstien
30/09/2004, 2:46 PM
Anyone have any theories on what the legendary number on the bottle means?

Macy
30/09/2004, 2:52 PM
It's the Sweetness of the tonic. Higher the number the sweeter it is. I always go for 7 if I can....

Either that, or it's all a myth created by someone ranting away at the sadly departed BHQ or the spanish arch etc :D

green goblin
30/09/2004, 3:42 PM
Here's a gallery of the flower of Scotland's youth, connoisseurs of the fine produce of Buckfast Abbey in Devon.

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/gallery/gallery4.html

Cheers! :D

fosterdollar
30/09/2004, 3:53 PM
:eek: have you seen wayne rooney in the fourth pic down

wouldnt have thought he'd be one for kn@cker drinking :rolleyes:

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/09/2004, 4:12 PM
It's the Sweetness of the tonic. Higher the number the sweeter it is. I always go for 7 if I can....

Either that, or it's all a myth created by someone ranting away at the sadly departed BHQ or the spanish arch etc :D

You peasant.

A face
30/09/2004, 4:50 PM
Does anyone think that it tastes like cough syrup (http://www.drugscope.org.uk/wip/11/IMAGES/buckfast.jpg) ???

Macy
01/10/2004, 7:42 AM
You peasant.
And... It's better than rum anyway.

sylvo
01/10/2004, 1:54 PM
Here's a gallery of the flower of Scotland's youth, connoisseurs of the fine produce of Buckfast Abbey in Devon.

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/gallery/gallery4.html

Cheers! :D

Check out the three amigo's in sec 8 in the over sized AC Milan tracksuit's.
They must be the most coolest guy's i've ever seen, flamboyent yet funky ;)

lopez
01/10/2004, 10:46 PM
Check out the three amigo's in sec 8 in the over sized AC Milan tracksuit's.
They must be the most coolest guy's i've ever seen, flamboyent yet funky ;)Glasgowsurvival?! I thought it was Chesham by the photos.

Closed Account 2
02/10/2004, 1:34 AM
Could be practically anywhere round here... when did all this oikishness and chav-ing start ?

Pat O' Banton
02/10/2004, 10:39 PM
Are you lads serious? If you think that the leafy end of the Metropolitan Line has a population of Neds you really should spend a day in Glasgow, the ladies have started wearing chains with their names on that are basically the width of their bodies, I very much if you can buy a white Nike baseball cap in the shops and certain areas you would feel dramatically overdressed in t-shirt and jeans.

Having said that, while the highest population of Neds per square yard exist in Glasgow their Belfast equivilant (the Spide) is of a far higher quality of oozing that certain cross the road as soon as seeing you class. Essex? Hertfordshire? their only amatures.

lopez
02/10/2004, 11:19 PM
Are you lads serious? If you think that the leafy end of the Metropolitan Line has a population of Neds you really should spend a day in Glasgow...Chesham is in Beds. It's a different world there, hombre.

Closed Account 2
03/10/2004, 12:47 AM
Are you lads serious? If you think that the leafy end of the Metropolitan Line has a population of Neds you really should spend a day in Glasgow, the ladies have started wearing chains with their names on that are basically the width of their bodies...

The female oicks of Watford use Vaseline to gel their hair flat against their scalp... they have more chains than Big Ron and also what appears to be the remains of a Ford Cortina gear-stick drilled through their ears. It really is some spectacle by the fountain in the high street on a Thursday at chucking out time of the pubs.

sylvo
03/10/2004, 10:04 AM
Are you lads serious? If you think that the leafy end of the Metropolitan Line has a population of Neds you really should spend a day in Glasgow, the ladies have started wearing chains with their names on that are basically the width of their bodies, I very much if you can buy a white Nike baseball cap in the shops and certain areas you would feel dramatically overdressed in t-shirt and jeans.

Having said that, while the highest population of Neds per square yard exist in Glasgow their Belfast equivilant (the Spide) is of a far higher quality of oozing that certain cross the road as soon as seeing you class. Essex? Hertfordshire? their only amatures.

I seem to remember a young man who live's very close to the ok coral sorry I mean the Fox pub that used to travel the 420 mile's to Luton game's ;) with us, who was very taken by this look, and spent vast amount's of daddy's money on his Ned image, and had to complete the look by tucking his track suit bottom's into his football sock's, and also changed his accent for a Glasgow one. He also used to team up with other young f##kwit's along the Gallowgate and team up for some bevving out in the sunSHINE.

Thank f##k that little ****** is'nt bugging us anymore. :)

Pat O' Banton
03/10/2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah? whats the odds on us running in to him (with his other daddy) in Paris. Lopez and cfdh do you reckon that we could get a fight to the finish between various Ned groups outlined above, it would afterall settle the debate and make the world a generally safer place.

oh by the way check out building your own Belfast Spide here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/no31online/spidegenerator.htm , works even better with sound card.

Pauro 76
04/10/2004, 4:44 PM

How about the Liverpool equivalent, the Scally....... a huge ned proportion per square yard down those parts....

Pat O' Banton
04/10/2004, 5:23 PM
I am trying to avoid the town for that very reason.

lopez
05/10/2004, 12:44 PM
...Lopez and cfdh do you reckon that we could get a fight to the finish between various Ned groups outlined above, it would afterall settle the debate and make the world a generally safer place...I'd be more worried about the females of this species turning up in large droves. We could see a mass breeding programme that Beijing Zookeepers can only dream of for their Pandas. That vaseline on the hair would be the equivalent of Chi Chi p*ssing up the wall of her cage. :D BTW, Sylvo and Pat O'B, is your mate the poor bloke who broke his voice in Basel while his other daddy is the teetotal suicide bomber?

Closed Account 2
05/10/2004, 4:00 PM
I seem to remember a young man who live's very close to the ok coral sorry I mean the Fox pub that used to travel the 420 mile's to Luton game's ;) with us, who was very taken by this look, and spent vast amount's of daddy's money on his Ned image, and had to complete the look by tucking his track suit bottom's into his football sock's, and also changed his accent for a Glasgow one. ...

not him (http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/pictures/nedGal61.jpg) is it ?

sylvo
06/10/2004, 8:41 AM
not him (http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/pictures/nedGal61.jpg) is it ?

It does look a bit like him, all that's missing is the burburry baseball cap. :eek:

sylvo
06/10/2004, 8:42 AM
:D BTW, Sylvo and Pat O'B, is your mate the poor bloke who broke his voice in Basel while his other daddy is the teetotal suicide bomber?

That's the very same goombeen. ;)

lopez
06/10/2004, 12:48 PM
That's the very same goombeen. ;)I'd suspect the whole 'family' will be in Paris then! :rolleyes:

sylvo
06/10/2004, 1:44 PM
I'd suspect the whole 'family' will be in Paris then! :rolleyes:

Yes. :rolleyes: