PDA

View Full Version : Out of Date Table on FAI Web Site

Robinski
30/09/2004, 12:55 PM
I've just visited the FAI site and on the bottom right hand corner is the top half of the eL table.

Under that there an option to 'Click here for full table', so I did. Apparently, according to the FAI, Drogheda are still top of the table (eh, wasn't that about three weeks ago, if not more) and we've all played between 23 - 25 matches.

I hit 'refresh' just in case (to be honest I just couldn't believe my eyes) but it was the same. It's good to know that after the FAI splashed out loads of cash on their new image, they still find time to ignore the domestic game.

Also, I couldn't find any link to bring me to a domestic fixtures list. Can anyone find it on the site?

fosterdollar
30/09/2004, 1:17 PM
same old FAi indifference towards eL

On that note, where is the best place to get a good quality table on the net? I always found soccerbot good but recently, as i said in recent post, it's been a bit warped. A date mistake has been ignored for weeks.

paudie
30/09/2004, 1:40 PM
I always found soccerbot good but recently, as i said in recent post, it's been a bit warped. A date mistake has been ignored for weeks.

And even worse I emailed them last year to tell them they had an incorrect coloured gear for Cork City on their table and they still haven't changed it :mad:

CuanaD
30/09/2004, 3:33 PM
I've just visited the FAI site and on the bottom right hand corner is the top half of the eL table.

Under that there an option to 'Click here for full table', so I did. Apparently, according to the FAI, Drogheda are still top of the table (eh, wasn't that about three weeks ago, if not more) and we've all played between 23 - 25 matches.

I hit 'refresh' just in case (to be honest I just couldn't believe my eyes) but it was the same. It's good to know that after the FAI splashed out loads of cash on their new image, they still find time to ignore the domestic game.

Also, I couldn't find any link to bring me to a domestic fixtures list. Can anyone find it on the site?

I've been keeping an eye on the FAI site since they re-did it & the eL section is way behind where it used to be on the old version. You should email Andy Needham
Andy.Needham@fai.ie
to complain - if we dont tell them they wont be bothered! :mad:

Robinski
30/09/2004, 3:47 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the FAI site since they re-did it & the eL section is way behind where it used to be on the old version. You should email Andy Needham
Andy.Needham@fai.ie
to complain - if we dont tell them they wont be bothered! :mad:

Cheers CuanaD. I've emailed him.

I was going to go through the 'Contact The CEO' section but we all know that would have been pointless.

Robinski
30/09/2004, 4:07 PM
Holy God! I'm in shock.

At 16:48 I emailed Andy Needham regarding my concerns to the lack of information on the FAIreland web site in relation to the eL.

At 17:06 I received a reply, the content of which is below.

Thanks for your mail.

The eircom League is aware of the deficit in eL coverage on www.fai.ie
and has also communicated same to those responsible for the website.
However, you may also wish to pass on your comments via the website to
the webmaster.

All the best and thanks again for your comments,

Andy

Sounds like he's being ignored too.

A face
30/09/2004, 4:30 PM
Sounds like he's being ignored too.

He is very fast to reply and always has the info you are looking for. I have sent him a few cutting mails in my time and he has always replied and explained the reasoning behind the issue and given the best advice etc.

Poor Student
30/09/2004, 7:31 PM
The new FAI site dumped a huge amount of eL information, including basic things such as fixtures and results!! I e-mailed them to this effect outlining all the things that went missing. I sent it to webmaster@fai.ie the day the new site went up. I got no reply. If you look at the Junior/Intermediate section it seems to be layed out better than 'Professional'. It's as if they made some error but have no interest in changing it. :confused:

koneinc
30/09/2004, 8:15 PM
Good old FAI

iceman
30/09/2004, 10:43 PM
Lads if you ever want an accurate table you will find one at www.soccerbot.com

fosterdollar
01/10/2004, 8:39 AM
Lads if you ever want an accurate table you will find one at www.soccerbot.com

Despite their tendency to try to predidct the future... ;)

Robinski
01/10/2004, 4:38 PM
The new FAI site dumped a huge amount of eL information, including basic things such as fixtures and results!! I e-mailed them to this effect outlining all the things that went missing. I sent it to webmaster@fai.ie the day the new site went up. I got no reply. If you look at the Junior/Intermediate section it seems to be layed out better than 'Professional'. It's as if they made some error but have no interest in changing it. :confused:

I emailed the webmaster and the info address yesterday evening, still no reply from either. When I emiled Andy to thank him for his prompt reply he told me that they are keeping a log of all the emails they receive about the website.