PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for UCD game

Terry
30/09/2004, 1:26 PM
Hard one to call, but I have to go with my heart and say 2-1 GUFC with a brace from Damien "who the fcuk is Henry" Dupuy :D

galwaygirl
30/09/2004, 2:13 PM
i'm not as optimistic as you Terry, but hopefully i'll be proved wrong. :o
I'll go for a draw..... 2-2 :rolleyes:
With the Double D's up front the result can't be as embarrasing as it was on Good Friday in Belfield :o

Roo69
30/09/2004, 4:30 PM
i'm not as optimistic as you Terry, but hopefully i'll be proved wrong.
I'll go for a draw..... 2-2
With the Double D's up front the result can't be as embarrasing as it was on Good Friday in Belfield

Go on the tribesmen ! :D

Jesus i'd be happy if Galway got a draw, bleedin delighted if they won. I'll be making the short trip down the N11 myself to cheer your lot on ;)

But my head says UCD 3-1 :( hope to fcuk i'm wrong thou

Terry
01/10/2004, 10:39 AM
UCD v Galway United
Friday October 1
Belfield Park – Kick off 7:45

UCD will be hoping to consolidate their lead at the top of the eircom First Division when they meet Galway United at Belfield Park on Friday night.

UCD climbed back to the top of table last week with a 1-0 victory over Finn Harps in Donegal but manager Mahon has warned his players not to ease off because there is still a danger that they could have promotion snatched away from them.

“Last week at Finn Park was a great result and the only down side was that we didn’t score the goals our football deserved. But we can’t think that that’s promotion,” he said.

“There are eight games to go and they are eight semi-finals for us. They aren’t quite Cup finals but they are big games.

“We only have a six points promotion cushion and we have to maintain that. If we lose to Galway, it means last week’s result pales into insignificance.”

Mahon insisted that barring unforeseen circumstances, he will select the same starting XI as what won in Finn Park last week meaning Anthony Murphy – back from a knee injury – will have to settle for a place on the bench.

Galway United meanwhile will be without Fran Carter (who has left the club, as he is moving to Canada) and Conor Frawley, who is getting married this weekend, while Colin Fortune and David O’Dowd are both doubts with knocks.

galwaygirl
01/10/2004, 11:18 AM
I'll be making the short trip down the N11 myself to cheer your lot on ;)

not gonna be able to make it to the game myself, cant get the time off work :mad:

Terry
01/10/2004, 11:21 AM
There could be a chance then that the bray supporters could outnumber the GUFC supporters? :confused: :D :eek:

Terry
01/10/2004, 12:14 PM
i'm not as optimistic as you Terry, but hopefully i'll be proved wrong. :o
I'll go for a draw..... 2-2 :rolleyes:
With the Double D's up front the result can't be as embarrasing as it was on Good Friday in Belfield :o

Thats why I said I would go with my heart, rather than my head! The players must know that for them to have any mathematical chance of getting promoted they have to win every game from now on, after the disappointing/embracing results against Kilkenny and sligo, especially against the clubs above them.

Come on united, Dundalk, Kilkenny and Limerick this weekend !! :o ;)

Terry
02/10/2004, 8:12 AM
as the saying goes: they think its all over........it is now! :(