PDA

View Full Version : Waterford v Linfield

Rufus
29/09/2004, 11:48 PM
A friend of mine who lives/works overseas asked me about the above match in the late 60s. He thinks it may have been in one of the all Ireland Cups played around that time. I have twice sent Emails to the Waterford club and all I have received is an automated reply each time.
Can anyone else give me information on this/these games between these two clubs?

Sheridan
30/09/2004, 12:29 AM
The only record I can find of this fixture in an All-Ireland Cup is the final of the 1974-75 Texaco Ireland Cup, when Waterford defeated Linfield 1-0 on aggregate. I know Waterford's programme carries a section dedicated to past games, so they must have access to some kind of archive. Try asking on the message board here: http://www.btid.tk/

ConfusedBlue
30/09/2004, 12:49 PM
Go on to the message board on BTID and pm Ray Scott,he looks after the official website so he must have access to an archive

3 in 11 mins
29/10/2004, 10:42 AM
Blues beat Linfield 3-2 (I think). Matthews scored the best goal ever in Kilcohan. Bryan picked up ball from Thomas in right full position, passed inside to McGeough, he turned and hit a beautiful ball over Linfield defence, Matthews came in behind them from left and hit first time from about twenty yards, brilliant. I can see it like it was yesterday.