PDA

View Full Version : is it not time for Moran to exit?

soccerhead
14/06/2001, 12:50 AM
After UCD's worst season in at least six years, is it not time for Martin Moran to depart company.

UCD escaped the drop down to the first division by the skin of their teeth. It was a dramatic relegation/promotion play-off gamee against Athlone which was decided on Penalties in the return leg at Belfield.

joe
14/06/2001, 9:32 AM
it seems a bit strange that he's going to stay on as manager, but they're looking to appoint a full-time coach, or is it just me?

joe
14/06/2001, 9:33 AM
sorry, meant to say he's staying on as part-time manager

soccerhead
14/06/2001, 3:48 PM
But do you think he should have been sacked?

joe
14/06/2001, 3:58 PM
not necessarily, but it would be strange if they had a part-time manager and a full-time coach.

Neil
14/06/2001, 4:01 PM
University set-ups differ from your average clubs. Someone else has to put their name forward before a guy is ousted. (I think?)

soccerhead
14/06/2001, 4:11 PM
Strange!! who would you like to see at the helm

John-boy
24/06/2001, 1:12 PM
Martin Moran doesn't seem to have the time to devote to managing the team. I mean the guy is a full-time solicitor. I think he wants to leave and as soon as Paul Doolin has enough experience Martin Moran will step aside and let him take over. Still I don't blame him for the poor season. All too often it was just poor luck. He got the results when they really counted the last few games of the season. He also got to the final of that prestigious competition the League Cup. So if and when he goes I personally will think it's a loss.