PDA

View Full Version : New Shirt

Dan K
29/09/2004, 10:12 AM
Is available from the US, for $75!

http://www.worldsoccershop.com/shop-by-country-ireland-ireland-national-team-ireland-2005-home-ss-soccer-jersey.html

Still waiting to find out when I can get here though. :rolleyes:

Rover 2 U
29/09/2004, 10:38 AM
Still waiting to find out when I can get here though. :rolleyes:

Dan, the new Ireland shirt will be available in all good (and a few crap) sports shops from Monday morning! So plenty of time to get it in before we travel. Mind you, the choice between the new Ireland shirt and my favored hoops shirt* will be a tough one! :cool:

*Note: And I don't feckin' mean Celtic! :rolleyes:

Peadar
29/09/2004, 10:43 AM
*Note: And I don't feckin' mean Celtic! :rolleyes:

Same difference! :p

No doubt, as soon as a cargo of shirts "fall" off the back of a lorry, every Rovers fan will have one :D

eirebhoy
29/09/2004, 10:58 AM
The new shirt will be available on Friday in Champion Sports. If you know someone that works there you'd probably be able to get it now.

Just looking at that site posted up. It costs $1.99 to get a number on the front of the shirt, does that mean no Eircom logo??? :eek: I can only hope.

Rover 2 U
29/09/2004, 10:58 AM
Same difference! :p

No doubt, as soon as a cargo of shirts "fall" off the back of a lorry, every Rovers fan will have one :D

:D Like it mate. Nice one!

BTW, Would you like to "buy" the new shirt on Friday night at the X? ;)

Peadar
29/09/2004, 11:22 AM
Just looking at that site posted up. It costs $1.99 to get a number on the front of the shirt, does that mean no Eircom logo???
Now that would be nice!

BTW, Would you like to "buy" the new shirt on Friday night at the X? ;)

Can't make it to the X.
I'll pay the extra for postage if you'll send it over?
Can you do the numbers on the front? ;)

Dan K
29/09/2004, 11:53 AM
Dan, the new Ireland shirt will be available in all good (and a few crap) sports shops from Monday morning! So plenty of time to get it in before we travel.
Fantastic!

I assume England will have it the same time as back home?

Rover 2 U
29/09/2004, 12:01 PM
Can't make it to the X.
I'll pay the extra for postage if you'll send it over?
Can you do the numbers on the front? ;)

All major credit cards 'gleefully' accpeted for postal orders! :D
And you can have any number you like so long as it's No.5. (didn't have time to choose a specific box i'm afraid ;) )

Dan, don't know about the UK, but sure if you can't get one before Paris, just get one of your mates that is going to the match to buy one for you before they leave and then give them the money when they get there.

Barna Bee
29/09/2004, 3:00 PM
just contacted thses guys , they are in Brum Alabama and say it will take 3-5 business to deliver , so if you are in the Uk and order today or tomorrow , you should receive them on time.

Other wise they might appear in the stores in the UK before then.

here's hoping anyway coz I am not going to risk the order online

Pat O' Banton
29/09/2004, 3:15 PM
In Soccer Sports in Manc over the weekend they were putting up signs for it to be on sale 1st October for thirty quid.

Dan K
29/09/2004, 6:33 PM
In Soccer Sports in Manc over the weekend they were putting up signs for it to be on sale 1st October for thirty quid.
Bargain.

There's one of those in town, so I'll be popping down there on Friday. :D

aidz1
30/09/2004, 11:18 AM
seen the jersey in the window of lifestyle today in dundalk....wasnt in the shop meself, but presume its for sale now

Colmjohn
30/09/2004, 1:27 PM
Bargain.

There's one of those in town, so I'll be popping down there on Friday. :D

do they have a website? trying to find a London branch

Barna Bee
30/09/2004, 1:31 PM
just phoned Lillywhites in Picadilly circus, jersey available from tomorrow , all sizes and priced between 30-35 GBP
Not bad considering club jersies....40-45 for Spurs anyway

Colmjohn
30/09/2004, 1:33 PM
nice one, will brave saturday morning shopper crowd then

Peadar
30/09/2004, 1:39 PM
40-45 for Spurs anyway
They'd want to offer people a lot more money than that to take a Spurs rag :D

I'd be ever so grateful if someone could tell me where to get a genuine shirt without the orange blotch before I buy a "replica" in Reading on Saturday.

By the way, can anyone tell me how much they're going for in Ireland?
Anything over €45 and you'd be better off buying one from Soccer Sports in the UK.

Cowboy
30/09/2004, 3:06 PM
Peadar just had a look in champion sports and they are looking for €60 , anyone know any cheaper in Dublin? Elvery's have Celtic shirt for €49 but no Ireland shirts.
http://www.justsports.biz/soccer_jerseys_national.htm#feature_ir001b this site has home jersey for 42€ including shipping

They'd want to offer people a lot more money than that to take a Spurs rag :D

I'd be ever so grateful if someone could tell me where to get a genuine shirt without the orange blotch before I buy a "replica" in Reading on Saturday.

By the way, can anyone tell me how much they're going for in Ireland?
Anything over €45 and you'd be better off buying one from Soccer Sports in the UK.

finn
30/09/2004, 3:20 PM
[QUOTE=Peadar]

[QUOTE]

I think you would be lucky

its such a shame, they could charge double and I know a hell of a lot of people would buy them

to be honest, I would be very surprised if genuine without the blob were even made apart from the team kit

Pete

eirebhoy
30/09/2004, 4:19 PM
I can't find an e-mail on the site posted up but maybe someone should follow up on this:

Just looking at that site posted up. It costs $1.99 to get a number on the front of the shirt, does that mean no Eircom logo??? :eek: I can only hope.

supasparx
30/09/2004, 6:02 PM
Sport & Soccer will have jerseys on sale tomorrow. They have branches all over da uk. :)
Definately know of ones in Harrow, Greenford & Watford!
They have no website.

Dan K
30/09/2004, 8:21 PM
do they have a website? trying to find a London branch
www.sports-soccer.co.uk

There's a 'Storefinder' option on the left handside menu.

4tothefloor
30/09/2004, 11:53 PM
Lifestyle sports in Limerick are selling it for €45

Peadar
01/10/2004, 7:13 AM
Lifestyle sports in Limerick are selling it for €45

That's a fair price, I think.

Off into Sports Soccer in Reading tomorrow for mine.
Hope they're not sold out :D

Marko
01/10/2004, 9:59 AM
Just picked up the new jersey - long-sleeved - in Lifestyle Sports in Dublin. It's that new tissue-paper thin style of material, but it's not bad for €45

irwinsalegend
01/10/2004, 12:26 PM
My wife very kindly bought me the 76 Retro shirt last night in Burtons in the Jervis centre. 40 euro and well worth it to not have to advertise for Eircom. Roll on next Thursday night when the weekend starts with a pre trip party and then onto the plane on Friday morning

only1kilbane
01/10/2004, 12:40 PM
retro jersey sounds good without the eircom crap. Does anyone know if the white away jersey is out today as have not seen it around town??

Cowboy
01/10/2004, 1:35 PM
Lifestyle have both long and short sleeve at €45

Stuttgart88
01/10/2004, 3:00 PM
Lillywhites at Piccadilly Circus selling them today for £25.

Dan K
01/10/2004, 4:59 PM
Lillywhites at Piccadilly Circus selling them today for £25.
As is Sports Soccer in Southampton, where I picked one up.

Bargain.

4tothefloor
01/10/2004, 9:30 PM
Bought the long sleeve today. Have to say it looks class and is good value at €45. The only thing I don't like about it is that the material is so light, and is not of a great quality, durability wise. When buying mine today I even noticed that quite a few of the shirts on display already had thread-pulls in them - and these had only been on display for a few hours. It's a nice change though to actually have a choice of long\short sleeve shirts on first day of sale.

KDonkeyKilbane
02/10/2004, 11:19 AM
New Webiste/Logo=New FAI my arse. Sam old same old.

Can buy the shirt everywhere and website still says "Comming Soon"

eirebhoy
02/10/2004, 12:32 PM
I have to say, I really prefer the new crest now. I can't imagine what the old one would look like on this jersey.

Larry 'da' Wyse
03/10/2004, 7:03 PM
Seems like €45 is the best price for the shirt. I picked up mine in a small local sports shop for the same price ... still Elverys are selling them for €59 .. rip off.

Like the shirt - don't like the crest but once you begin to associate it with the Irish team it will grow on ya!

eamoss
03/10/2004, 9:24 PM
seen the jersey in the window of lifestyle today in dundalk....wasnt in the shop meself, but presume its for sale now

Think it was going for €45 in the Lifestyle in the Long Walk Shopping Centre.

Only 6 sports shops in Dundalk & 3 of them are Lifestyle Sports only in Ireland!

Peadar
04/10/2004, 7:39 AM
Seems like €45 is the best price for the shirt.

Best price in Ireland maybe. They're £25 in England :p

Like the shirt - don't like the crest

I like the shirt and I think the crest is class on the shirts.

I was at home on Saturday looking at the kettle and thinking, 'should I try and steam off the eircom blotch?' :D

aidz1
04/10/2004, 7:57 AM
Think it was going for €45 in the Lifestyle in the Long Walk Shopping Centre.

Only 6 sports shops in Dundalk & 3 of them are Lifestyle Sports only in Ireland!

gather the lifestyle in the old shopping centre has closed.......wonder why...surely the population of dundalk could at least have sustained 3 no. shops ;)

Dan K
04/10/2004, 10:21 AM
gather the lifestyle in the old shopping centre has closed.......wonder why...surely the population of dundalk could at least have sustained 3 no. shops ;)
Is there a Sports Shop in the "New-New" Shopping Centre (not Longwalk, t'other one)? Was in there just a couple of months ago, but can't remember for love nor money.

MariborKev
04/10/2004, 12:15 PM
Are there any polo shirts etc as well today or just the shirts?

finn
04/10/2004, 1:54 PM
Are there any polo shirts etc as well today or just the shirts?

not expected to be released for a while yet

asked the fella in lillywhites at the weekend and he said they would probably be on sale at the end of Oct or the middle of November

some effin organisation!

Pete

Cowboy
04/10/2004, 2:16 PM
not expected to be released for a while yet

asked the fella in lillywhites at the weekend and he said they would probably be on sale at the end of Oct or the middle of November

some effin organisation!

Pete

theres ano ongoing row with a sponsor which is holding back release of merchandise

jofyisgod
04/10/2004, 5:24 PM
Got mine today in Thurrock Lakeside.Had to travel into Essex :eek: ;)
but a snip at £25 in Sports Soccer. Really comfy i have to say, am getting to love it.

Hopefully the 'leisurewear' et al will be out for X-Mas. Fecking FAI(reland ;) )

eamoss
04/10/2004, 6:30 PM

Fcuk has it, that shows much I went into that one! It was too small & it was in that kip of a shopping centre.

feckless
04/10/2004, 7:51 PM
Am I on my own here thinking that they've made a ****** of the badge on the new shirt. Looks more like an effing Cadbury's ad :confused:

Rover 2 U
05/10/2004, 10:06 AM
Am I on my own here thinking that they've made a ****** of the badge on the new shirt. Looks more like an effing Cadbury's ad :confused:

No you aren't mate. I'm with you. I think it looks poxy. Also the whole Eircom iron-on badge thing looks like it's going to peel off after the first wash. All in all I think the new shirt is rubbish! :mad:

OMP Player
05/10/2004, 10:17 AM
I was just wondering, can the places that put numbers and names on jerseys do anything to take off the orange blob on the front? :p

sylvo
05/10/2004, 11:11 AM

I'm with you brother, it look's like the bio hazzard logo you see on lorry's.

sylvo
05/10/2004, 11:17 AM
My wife very kindly bought me the 76 Retro shirt last night in Burtons in the Jervis centre. 40 euro and well worth it to not have to advertise for Eircom. Roll on next Thursday night when the weekend starts with a pre trip party and then onto the plane on Friday morning

Got the very same jersey last week meself, and shall be taking it to Paris, great thing the fact it has'nt got Eircom plastered across it, plus it's got a badge that is a shamrock. ;) :rolleyes: