PDA

View Full Version : Salthill Devon home

outspoken
24/04/2013, 1:53 PM
After slipping up at home to one Galway team we cant afford another with a tough trip on the cards next weekend. Bad news is Keith Callanan is the referee :( Get backing at least 1 red card so....

outspoken
28/04/2013, 11:43 AM
First half was all about Purdys free kick the rest is better not to talk about but 2nd half we were superb! It looked like the ball wouldn't go in 4 us and when it finally did it was disallowed 4 no reason but the lads kept plugging away and Sully was there again!

Gavin Doyle was man of the match and nkolo made a good impact. Wasn't impressed by Quinn to be honest and moving Sully out wide to play Ischieli down the middle was almost the losing of the game but we got the win so I'm buzzing 4 next week.

fitzpatrick10
28/04/2013, 2:01 PM
Ischieli when he came on seemed to be asleep! few people after said they didnt think nkololo played well, but i though he was good when he came on, he had a great shot on the left n its great to see lads running at the defence and shootin from outside the box. i thought at times our midfield and backs were very slow at geting the ball out wide when we were on the break, slowed it up too much . sully once again ran his heart out for the 90.

on a side not that ref is one useless c.u.n.t

Martinho II
28/04/2013, 5:43 PM
yet again we got out of jail. I was impressed with STD Devon and can see now how they got the draw in Athlone. Their timewasting tactics did test your patience though. I thought we went to sleep after purds screamer of a freekick. But second half we were all over them. How Willo didnt score I dont know but the ball hit the post and didnt go in. I dont know why Brian Macs goal was disallowed. I was very impressed with Gavin Doyle what a ball for Sully and he does the customary shuffle past the Salthill goalie and scores! Man of the match for Salthill was their keeper. Bennion made some class saves too! But I will take the three points..

outspoken
28/04/2013, 6:25 PM
Nkolo did well to win some corners but what he did then was constantly hit the first man so can see where people are coming from. I'd go with the same 11 V Waterford...Gillespie will be back but no way in hell can Doyle be dropped he was MOTM!