PDA

View Full Version : rooney

thecorner
29/09/2004, 6:52 AM
i know we all have our thoughts on supporting foreign clubs but put them aside for a second

u just have to stand up and take notice of wayne rooney. no matter what the english press say,i think it is all there to see that this player is a rare talent

to make ur man utd debut in the cahmpions league and score a hat-trick like that is awesome for a player of his age

are we about to witness one of the most complete players ever

tiktok
29/09/2004, 7:40 AM
Have to agree, it wasn't until the European Championships that I thought there might be something behind the hype.
Last night was unreal, he's still only eighteen, if he stays injury free, he'll be one of the all time greats.

gspain
29/09/2004, 7:42 AM
Foreign Club or not credit where credit is due.

That was an awesome hatrick last night.

what a player. he deserves al lthe superlatives he will get in the press this morning.

No doubt even the Irish press will be full of it

Class shot for the first, brilliant execution of the 2nd and the set piece was just pure arrogance - national trait of not he had every reason to be.

A quality side were just blown away.

what more can I say

Roy Makaay we salute You!!!!!!!!

tiktok
29/09/2004, 7:47 AM

:D very good :D

joeSoap
29/09/2004, 8:47 AM
You gotta admit though that Rooney looks something special....take into account that he's got 3-4 more years of developing to do...what a prospect!!

cullenswood
29/09/2004, 10:06 AM
For his sake I reckon United is the best club he could be at as they should handle him well, and try and keep him under control, which will be hard when the English Press really get going. They did do a good job on Giggs but then again I suppose he wasn't English.

galwaygirl
29/09/2004, 10:16 AM
just heard there (probably isnt true) that Man Utd are after signing Wayne's 11 year old brother John.... from Everton as well. did anyone else hear anything??

Roo69
29/09/2004, 11:06 AM
just heard there (probably isnt true) that Man Utd are after signing Wayne's 11 year old brother John.... from Everton as well. did anyone else hear anything??

Yep, all true. He was at Everton youth academy but United have snapped him up as well. They (people in the know not only at united) reckon he's goning to be better that WR, but it's a tad early to make predictions like that as he is only 11 ffs

Terry
29/09/2004, 11:28 AM
just heard there (probably isnt true) ??

Are you calling me a liar??????? :mad: ;) :)

galwaygirl
29/09/2004, 11:39 AM
Are you calling me a liar??????? :mad: ;) :)

NO I'M NOT :mad:

If you looked at your PM's more carefully you'd see that i had the comment on this thread sent before i PM'd you :mad:

Roo69
29/09/2004, 12:06 PM
NO I'M NOT :mad:

If you looked at your PM's more carefully you'd see that i had the comment on this thread sent before i PM'd you :mad:

Put your handbag away :D no need to get all violent on us :p

boc123
29/09/2004, 12:31 PM
It's going to be tough for him to stay at the top of his game for years, although I think he can do it. He'll have to get used to the Brit press ripping him apart one minute and loving him the next. He's had enough practice already with the whole saga over the last few months.

inexile
29/09/2004, 12:34 PM
thats true boc but mark lawrenson made a good point last night saying that since he has been at united there has been nothing about him, whereas in his last couple of months with everton he was all over the tabloids ferguson seems to have a knack of influencing young lads and keeping them on the straight and narrow look at ryan giggs since he came into the united team at 17 i dont remember one mention of him in the tabloid except for the back pages

Dricky
29/09/2004, 12:41 PM
good footballer good buy good god he is ugly...you can't ake away from that either.
Dream start for him and MU

ccfcman
29/09/2004, 1:19 PM
Last night=master class in football, nuff said. his best move all night, the flick on for Bellion's goal. I only wish he opted to play for R. of I.

Graham

Closed Account 2
30/09/2004, 3:55 AM

Superb!!!!!!!!!

Rooney's Gazza mark2, I think he'll get an injury and end up like Gazza or Fowler and never really have a huge career. He will, afterall, now be a marked man so to speak and I could see some defender putting in a nasty cruncher on him.

thecorner
30/09/2004, 6:52 AM
I think he'll get an injury

fcuking hell

how the fcuk can u think somebody will get an injury :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Closed Account 2
30/09/2004, 3:50 PM
What I meant is someone like say Montero might go in hard on him (coz he'll be assesed as the danger so to speak) and crunch him. He'll probably get this a lot as defenders will think if they dont cause an injury at the very least they might aggrivate his dodgy temper. Either way he's a marked man, and with his off the field "rodeo" antics the comparasons with Gazza seem evident. I could see him getting a big injury and never really coming back to full form, having problems with his pace and weight control in particular.