PDA

View Full Version : Mayo League Premier A 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Back n the game
15/04/2013, 2:19 PM
Ballinrobe, Castlebar B, Charlestown, Clew bay, Conn Rangers, Fahy, Moy villa and S & F ........ Discuss. Very tough division on paper and everyone capable of pushing for promotion. A good start is a must. Good luck to all involved

Round Tower
15/04/2013, 4:04 PM
Both Moy Villa and Conn Rangers have both lost players, could sstruggle

Back n the game
15/04/2013, 5:22 PM
Both Moy Villa and Conn Rangers have both lost players, could sstruggle I think that's par for the course RT all across Mayo. Lots of sides struggling and I've heard through the grape vine that some of the B Teams have had to withdraw from the league this weekend.

Fox-in-the-box
16/04/2013, 8:27 AM
Both Moy Villa and Conn Rangers have both lost players, could sstruggle

I hear ye have played Conn, Villa & Charlestown how did ye find them with the loss of these players?

Round Tower
16/04/2013, 1:17 PM
I hear ye have played Conn, Villa & Charlestown how did ye find them with the loss of these players?

Yes we played all 3, we bet Chalestown and Rangers but lost to Vill 1-2 on Sat. Last, villa has lost the CF and durkan to Ballina Town, we were missing a few players, nothing in it.

purplemonkeydis
16/04/2013, 9:23 PM
Going to be a tight year, any news on snf or Celtic? How's pre season gone, Fahy usually strong in the premier

Back n the game
18/04/2013, 10:00 AM
http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/stats/competitiondetails.aspx?clubID=1283&compID=226
Mayo league website appears to be up and running again

Gavs Up
20/04/2013, 8:50 PM
Any predictions on who goes up/down this year? Gonna be a very tight league with very little separating promotion and relegation. Would have went for Moy Villa to win only for there loss off two top players which is a shame tho every team seems to have lost players.
We have had a mixed pre season so far not winnin a game but playing teams from the super league and holding our own apart from the Westport game. Gonna go for Fahy as winners and hope we sneak in for 2nd. Goin with qpr Wigan and reading for relegation.

Sheep Farmer
28/04/2013, 12:24 PM
Moy Villa 0 Charlestown 6. Villa had player sent off in first half. Ctown 1-0 up at half time. Really pushed on in second half and opened Villa up. Feel Ctown were always the better team and were always going to come out on top in this game ?. Villa not the same team as last year in fairness to them. Strength and depth no longer there, but saying that still have some very nice players. Best of luck to them for the rest of the season...

Back n the game
29/04/2013, 10:19 AM
S n F and Fahy off to a flying start. Moy Villa and Conn surprisingly struggling in the opening weeks. It would appear lots of teams have new personal in their squads and in some cases not near replacements for the guys that have left.

Back n the game
15/05/2013, 9:30 PM
Moy Villa had another man sent off against Charlestown (p forde) on Sunday, at the rate there going they won't be able to field a team pretty soon. Not a patch on the side that won the league and cup double last season. Tough season ahead ... very poor discipline

twoleftfeet
20/05/2013, 8:55 AM
Where can you get an up to date league table for all the leagues in Mayo?

Back n the game
21/05/2013, 6:55 AM
http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/stats/competitiondetails.aspx?clubID=1283&compID=229 this is the link to the Mayo league website

twoleftfeet
04/06/2013, 2:21 PM
Charlestown v S&F Saturday. If S&F win it looks like they'll be going straight back to the super league with Fahy. Moy Villa and Clew Bay in big trouble.

swinfordfc
05/06/2013, 8:14 PM
Charlestown v S&F Saturday. If S&F win it looks like they'll be going straight back to the super league with Fahy. Moy Villa and Clew Bay in big trouble.

What about Ballinrobe Town?

pinkpowerranger
08/06/2013, 8:36 AM
how are fahy in trouble

Fox-in-the-box
08/06/2013, 11:40 AM
how are fahy in trouble

See the full stop after Fahy? That means a new sentence has begun. He is saying Fahy will go up with S&F.

sprah1
09/06/2013, 10:38 PM
See the full stop after Fahy? That means a new sentence has begun. He is saying Fahy will go up with S&F.

Classic!!

pinkpowerranger
11/06/2013, 8:31 AM
oops me no speak english good!

twoleftfeet
19/06/2013, 2:15 PM
Epic grammar fail by pinkpowerranger but onto the football.
Surprised to see Clew Bay take down Ctown at the weekend, were Ctown understrength or just beaten by a better team? Other results were as expected. fahy and s&f certs for promotion, other six teams in a good battle now to stay up. still tipping villa to go down, but with ballinrobe instead.

purplemonkeydis
29/06/2013, 4:36 AM
Hope u put a few pound on that relegation call gavs up, I reckon it will be a serious battle between the five teams not Charlestown as they will challenge the top 2

Thunderblaster
06/07/2013, 3:15 PM
Massive win for Charlestown on Thursday night I believe and they are confident going into the massive clash with Conn Rangers. The match of the night is definitely between the two divisional heavyweights of S&F United and Fahy Rovers. How do you see that panning out boys and girls?

Gavs Up
08/07/2013, 4:54 PM
Big result for Fahy the weekend, early stages yet but can't see them Ben pegged back. We had a big result ourselves against a good Conn side, can't believe they are at foot of the table cause they are as good as I've seen this season and they only landed down to us with 11lads. Our undoing could prove to be the slip up against Clew Bay. Gonna be close at top next few games will be vital...

Back n the game
09/07/2013, 2:17 PM
Charlestown are clinging onto the coat tails of the top two ... unbelievable that conn had no bench on Saturday !! Don't they have a B team to help out? Next couple of weeks will see the league sort itself out and give a clear picture of ups and downs. My opinion is Fahy and 1 from Charlestown and snf to go up and clew bay and Ballinrobe to go down.

FahyForever
11/07/2013, 9:16 AM
What is the general opinion on the current Fahy team? I'm not in Mayo so have not seen them this year at all and there is a good few lads whose names I don't even recognise. Delighted for them to be top of the table although to be honest I expected S and F to walk it. I notice Fahy have only the 4th best goals scored in the division but the tightest defence, would they be considered a defensive team? I know the Keane brothers at centre half are a match for most. Also , I think Gary Goggins, who we have relied on for the majority of our goals for years, missed a good bit of the start of the season. I'd be interested in what other club members think of how good they are and how they play. Thanks.

Fox-in-the-box
14/07/2013, 7:01 PM
Had the pleasure of being at the Charlestown v Moy Villa game today, a fantastic game of football in extreme heat conditions. The opening exchanges were promising as both teams played very open and attacking football. Villa struck first blood as Beattie took a ball down in the middle of the park and chipped a ball over the top for Casey who smashed a half volley past the keeper. Not long after Villa struck again Melia playing a high ball up to Beattie who held off McDonnell as he used his first touch to get around him and one on one with the keeper before slotting home 0-2. Charlestown had the ball in the net before half time only for McNultys over eagerness caused him to get in an offside position before slotting into an empty net. Charlestown started the second half with much more vigor and got their reward when a free kick was spilled by Villas keeper landing for Meehan to tap home 1-2. The game became very open and end to end credit to both teams in the hot weather. The ref allowed 3 water breaks in the first half however Charlestown seemed reluctant to allow breaks in the second half as they chased the game... Villa however didn't let this effect them and McCarron played in Devers who despite several snaps at his heals composed himself to pass the ball into the bottom corner 1-3. Villas tails were rightly up now and sent attack after attack at the Charlestown defense. Marshall finally opened them up with a trough ball for Casey who dance past a couple of defenders before scoring his second and Villas forth 1-4. Things got heated in the closing minutes when Villa players reacted to a poor challenge on Carlin in the Villa goal after a bit of squaring off the ref flashed a red card at a Charlestown player before bringing proceedings to a close slightly ironic as I over heard a couple of Charlestown supporters in the first half joke about Villas discipline issues and the fact they lost a player in each of the previous two encounters of the season. A massive 3 points gained for Villa and just as big 3 dropped by Charlestown as S&F and Castlebar both dropped points today. Celtic 3-3 S&F and Conn Rangers 2-3 Fahy.

Back n the game
15/07/2013, 9:32 AM
Thoroughly deserved win for Moy Villa yesterday however you failed to mention that they had six players booked and when Charlestown beat them in Attymass by six goals they were dignified in the manner of the victory. That is something that could not be said of the moy villa players and supporter's yesterday. I was at the game also and there was several heated confrontations it what you would have to say was an almost impossible game to referee. I never heard anything like the whinging and arguing with every decision.

moy sider
15/07/2013, 12:56 PM
You couldnt be serious? i watched the match myself. dignified ? the abuse hurled at the players was awful from the fans. whinging and moaning? charlestown were complaining that villa got to drink water on a day that was 26 degrees. seems very biased by back in the game? am i mistaken in saying that some charlestown players wouldnt even shake hands at end of the game when they lost?

Fox-in-the-box
15/07/2013, 3:55 PM
however you failed to mention .

I also failed to mention the Charlestown linesman abusing Villa players, the Charlestown players WAG's abusing Villa players, a Villa supporter being asked to leave the sideline for abusing players, a Charlestown player coming out after halftime clearly to wind up a Villa player before being substituted, a punch being thrown by a Charlestown player which the ref deemed to be a yellow for each player, a Charlestown player shoving a Villa player to the ground in the corner which the ref completely ignored...

I also seen no harm in the Villa players celebrating a massive 3 points don't see where dignity came into dispute?? I seen Charlestown players laughing and joking with Villa players as they left the field & could hear Villa players wishing ye well for the cup final...

moy sider
15/07/2013, 4:10 PM
back in the game seems to be a bit of a hypocrite...abused to the last by supporters, players refusing to shake hands at end of game (not all players just a few, lot of sound lads aswell)..and then come on here and tell us were bad winners? pot kettle and black comes to mind...

Back n the game
15/07/2013, 4:31 PM
You're arguing with yourself there saying fisticuffs during the game and then happy ever after at the end?? Handshakes are always the order of the day after any game still didn't stop an army surrounding the ref. My point was your comment on discipline with the Villa squad in games against Charlestown and that you're rose coloured glasses failed to mention the amount of cards picked up by the away team when Charlestown picked up 1 booking and an unjustified red. As for the abuse you can't honesty come on here and say that the players didn't incite it. The linesman was only doing a favour and was getting dog's abuse for almost every decision. The supporters were getting a barrage of insults from certain Moy villa players and the referee and villa manager asked for the villa supporter to leave, no Charlestown supporter was removed. Finally the push ....... too funny. Like when Rivaldo got hit in the world cup and the ref seen it exactly for what it was, a pathetic dive, that player is watching too many clowns on telly.

Fox-in-the-box
15/07/2013, 5:35 PM
Your getting a little worked up there Back in the Game it's a shame your Charlestown players didn't show the same fighting spirit.

No rose colored glasses I've no affiliation to either team. I would like to hear a Villa opinion on it all though at least so they could defend themselves from your soft chat.

Back n the game
15/07/2013, 5:46 PM
No affiliation ???? Hmmmmmmm you need to read over your post's very carefully! Clearly made points and objective argument is anything but soft chat ....... depending where you come from ;)

Fox-in-the-box
15/07/2013, 6:01 PM
I played all my ball with Celtic, playing Masters now with S&F so I won't lie I was there hoping for a Villa win to keep ye off our lads "coat tails" as you put it :p

the_vilians
16/07/2013, 9:59 AM
What a game!! 3points in the bag is all that matters now. Good to get back to back victories.

moy sider
16/07/2013, 9:02 PM
any result from clew bay and ballinrobe from tonight?

moy sider
17/07/2013, 8:35 AM
that shock result last night sends clew bay right into a dog fight for relegation. didnt see that coming at all. i still see clew bay staying up..fahy champions with foxford promoted...ballinrobe and conn rangers to go down

Gavs Up
17/07/2013, 10:49 AM
Haha this thread has got heated all of a sudden. First of all Fox claims there a punch was thrown in the middle of the pitch and that certainly wasn't the case, I was the player involved, was kicked out at after taking it around the big lad from Villa and then the two of us shouldered each other twice. Handbags stuff to say the least it was as I'm sure the Villa lad will say aswel.
Villa won the game fair and square as from 1to11 we totally under performed and was embarrassing to say the least as I can't remember the last time we were beat by 3 at home. As for all the carry on on the sidelines players shouldn't be bothered by that durin a game. Very surprised and disgusted if some of our lads didn't shake hands, on way off I did and was wished good luck n the final from all the Villa players in fairness.
Fahy big winners this weekend...

purplemonkeydis
17/07/2013, 5:49 PM
ballinrobe and moy villa to go down

Round Tower
21/07/2013, 9:52 AM
We played Charlestown in the Connaught Gold cup last night, such a shower of moaners, calling for everything, of course the referee if u can call him one, gave them a lot of the decisions, they beat us on penos after 1-1 draw, good luck to them in the rest of the com

Thunderblaster
21/07/2013, 12:50 PM
Saw the game last night. Better team on the night won with so much pressure and forcing so many corner kicks. Killala keeper did well. The game needed a stronger referee.

Round Tower
22/07/2013, 12:27 AM
Saw the game last night. Better team on the night won with so much pressure and forcing so many corner kicks. Killala keeper did well. The game needed a stronger referee.
I don't know would you call him a ref, its 3 years ago we had him last, he has got worst as a ref. I would not allow whis red

twoleftfeet
23/07/2013, 2:19 PM
Saw the Charlestown v Killala game on Saturday and agree with Thunderblaster, Charlestown dominated throughout and Killala were fortunate to get to penalties. Having said that Killala would have won the shoot out but for missing their decisive 5th one.

And you're both right about the ref, very poor and let a lot of nasty challenges go for both teams.

pinkpowerranger
27/07/2013, 12:39 PM
massive game in the relegation battle dis evening, must win for us and ballinrobe, a win for us would more than likely put ballinrobe down

moy sider
27/07/2013, 8:42 PM
moy villa 5 - 1 Castlebar B. great win pushing us up the table. a bit of daylight from the bottom teams and now catching the top teams

Back n the game
31/07/2013, 9:06 AM
Great win for Charlestown in Moneen on Saturday. Can't see it doing too much damage to Fahys title charge but it still keeps them in the hunt for 2nd. League is very entertaining this year and Moy Villa seem to have got their act together in recent weeks. Interesting to note that only Charlestown have taken points off Fahy this season and will need all the other teams in the division to step up if they are to have any chance of promotion. Big game vs Castlebar Celtic on Saturday.

twoleftfeet
08/08/2013, 1:23 PM
So cup final on Sunday, S&F v Ctown. Any predictions? Should be a good game between two decent teams but think S&F will be too strong for an inconsistent Ctown team. 3-1. Anyone want to give me odds?

purplemonkeydis
08/08/2013, 8:56 PM
charlestown for me, snf not the team people think. ill give ya 1 to 2 on snf tho :D

pinkpowerranger
09/08/2013, 9:52 AM
i'll give you 5/2 for 90 mins, see this being close, penos could decide it

Fox-in-the-box
11/08/2013, 6:13 PM
Well done S&F winners of the Westaro Cup following an exciting penalty shoot out. Hard luck to Charlestown must hate the sight of Milebush at this stage!