PDA

View Full Version : Dublin for the game

Kingdom
28/09/2004, 10:26 AM
Good men of Eire:

For various reasons , mental , physical , financial and emotional, I won't be going to Paris for the big game. I will however be looking for a hovel in Ath Cliath to be boozing in . Will there be a particular pub in around the city centre where a sizeable group will be gathering in anticipation ?

I do expect much abuse for not going to the game.

Ciarrai Abu!

Littlest Hobo
28/09/2004, 12:29 PM
Good men of Eire:

For various reasons , mental , physical , financial and emotional, I won't be going to Paris for the big game. I will however be looking for a hovel in Ath Cliath to be boozing in . Will there be a particular pub in around the city centre where a sizeable group will be gathering in anticipation ?

Ciarrai Abu!

A man from the Kingdom of Kerry should be seen and definetly heard in the Submarine Bar ;) :D :eek:

The Submarine is located on the southwest side of Dublin, in the heart of Crumlin Dublin 12. It is 3 miles from Dublin city center and only 1 mile from the M50 / Cookstown junction.via ballymount road.

Kingdom
28/09/2004, 2:48 PM
Ay the Sub isn't bad , used to live round the corner from it, but it would be better if there was somewhere in town ! Still it probably will be the sub anyway. Cheers littlest

Ciarrai Abu

Peadar
28/09/2004, 2:58 PM
Ay the Sub isn't bad , used to live round the corner from it, but it would be better if there was somewhere in town !

It doesn't matter where you watch it because you'll be on your own.
The whole country will be in Paris :D

Kingdom
28/09/2004, 3:06 PM
LOL Peader :o

Normally Peader I'd take offence and have a rant , but the problem is I know you're right.

the 12 th man
28/09/2004, 3:22 PM
but it would be better if there was somewhere in town !

Ciarrai Abu

there must be somewhere nearer than the sub for you if you want to stay in town.

like "the big tree" on the corner of dorset & the nth circ rd.
or somewhere around dame st temple bar area :)

Peadar
28/09/2004, 3:27 PM
there must be somewhere nearer than the sub for you if you want to stay in town. somewhere around dame st temple bar area :)
The Auld Dubliner in Temple Bar is grand.
Always football and music and a good pint.

Littlest Hobo
29/09/2004, 8:24 AM
there must be somewhere nearer than the sub for you if you want to stay in town.

like "the big tree" on the corner of dorset & the nth circ rd.
or somewhere around dame st temple bar area :)

Quinns is just down from the big tree. Its a big GAA pub, but will defo show the game.

TheJamaicanP.M.
29/09/2004, 7:21 PM
Good men of Eire:

Ciarrai Abu!

Typical fcukin Kerryman. Ye weren't able to travel to support yer county in the All-Ireland final, so we shouldn't be surprised that ye won't be travelling in numbers to Paris. :D

Kingdom
01/10/2004, 10:14 AM
Typical fcukin Kerryman. Ye weren't able to travel to support yer county in the All-Ireland final, so we shouldn't be surprised that ye won't be travelling in numbers to Paris. :D

Unfortunately I'm one of those Kerrymen who break with tradition all of the time. I go everywhere to support my beloved Kingdom , the first place this year being some sh1thole called Longford. Still you have to start somewhere and when you start at the bottom there's only one direction; upwards !!
:D
Ciarrai AbĂș