PDA

View Full Version : Chríst on a bike !!

A face
28/09/2004, 12:52 AM
Taken from the Ultras board via the Pats board :D

I would not abuse any Rovers team but neither would I applaude a Hoops team that have just been beaten 1/4. It only proves how poor we have become if we are happy about being beaten and also that Shels bring more fans to a game than us - that has to be another record we have managed to achieve this season

manic da hoop
28/09/2004, 9:13 AM
And your point is?

NY Hoop
28/09/2004, 12:31 PM
And your point is?

Christ on a bike he's not even 14 and he has more than 4,000 posts!!!! And he's Rovers obsessed :D

KOH

A face
28/09/2004, 1:27 PM
And your point is?

Clearly you both are on the defensive on this one.

My point ..... outnumbered in a home match is unreal. Our away support (if in Dublin) have to travel for 4 hours and sometimes is better than your home support. That is my point ... chill out lads !! :rolleyes:

A face
28/09/2004, 1:29 PM
he's Rovers obsessed

Get a grip will ya !! :rolleyes:

Why in gods name should i be obsessed with Rovers ??

Colm
28/09/2004, 1:31 PM
And your point is?

Shels having more fans than anyone at an away game (or at times a home!) is a joke!

NY Hoop
28/09/2004, 2:13 PM

My point ..... outnumbered in a home match is unreal. Our away support (if in Dublin) have to travel for 4 hours and sometimes is better than your home support. That is my point ... chill out lads !! :rolleyes:

You're a funny lad if you believe that. Our support is awful right now but I think it's better than the numbers you bring to richmond :rolleyes:

Also take a look at how many posts you have put up on Rovers.

Lads dont forget the bandwagon element with shels at the moment. If the situation was reversed...............

KOH

A face
28/09/2004, 4:03 PM
Also take a look at how many posts you have put up on Rovers.

Take a look at every other clubs forum !! :)

If you observe ... it is all news items, mostly from other sites ..... on every forum.

Passive
28/09/2004, 4:08 PM

Get a grip! Let's see, Cork usually bring 50 fans to Richmond which means, by your logic, that we only have 40 or so. When was the last time a Rovers v Cork game had an attendance of 90?
Shels away support wasn't bigger than our home support, that initial post was over-reacting somewhat. Our attendances are **** poor at the moment (don't think I have to go into the reasons), it is only the hardcore fans sticking with it. Unless you're a committed Hoop, you're going to have second thoughts about going to Richmond to watch a team that have picked up 1 point from 8 games receive an inevitable kicking from the league leaders.
But seriously, get a grip.

manic da hoop
28/09/2004, 5:01 PM
Cork City fans of all people should know better than to slag off other clubs about the level of their support. The very fact that attendances at Turners Cross have dramatically improved in recent years highlights the fickleness of such fans. Some people conventiently have short memories when it suits them, but I don't. I, for one, can clearlt recall the pitiful crowds that turned up during those final dark days at Bishopstown - 300 (no, not 3,000) for a league game against Rovers! Your club needed it's supporters more than ever then, and where the hell were you all.

Well our present state of affairs is equally as dire, if not more so, not to mention the fact that they are in stark contrast to the good fortune that Shels are currently enjoying. Until fans of other clubs have to endure what we have gone through over the past few years (and I genuinely hope that none of them have to) none of them have any right to slag us off over the level of our present support.

Ruairi
28/09/2004, 5:46 PM
Christ on a Bike!!! (http://business.virgin.net/tim.i/mc30ad.htm)

A face
28/09/2004, 10:00 PM
Cork City fans of all people should know better than to slag off other clubs about the level of their support. The very fact that attendances at Turners Cross have dramatically improved in recent years highlights the fickleness of such fans. Some people conventiently have short memories when it suits them, but I don't. I, for one, can clearlt recall the pitiful crowds that turned up during those final dark days at Bishopstown - 300 (no, not 3,000) for a league game against Rovers! Your club needed it's supporters more than ever then, and where the hell were you all.

Well our present state of affairs is equally as dire, if not more so, not to mention the fact that they are in stark contrast to the good fortune that Shels are currently enjoying. Until fans of other clubs have to endure what we have gone through over the past few years (and I genuinely hope that none of them have to) none of them have any right to slag us off over the level of our present support.

For what its worth, i didnt conveniently forget those days, and i'd be the first to say City fans as as fickle as fúck, (and whats more, the club aren't doing anything right now to change that or counteract it if it does all go down the pan.) I mearly highlighted that fact it was said on St Pats board, and if it had been true, then it was an eyebrow raiser. It was you who jumped down my throat for doing so if you recall.

Colm
29/09/2004, 3:49 AM
Cork usually bring 50 fans to Richmond .

When was the last time we brought anything near as little as 50 fans to Richmond? :confused:

We had about 100 at the first game against Rovers and a little over 200 at the second. I know they're still not good enough numbers when compared to what we bring to Bohs or Pats or Waterford but they're still a hell of a lot more than you lot have brought to the Cross anytime in the past 3 or 4 seasons.

NY Hoop
29/09/2004, 11:50 AM
When was the last time we brought anything near as little as 50 fans to Richmond? :confused:

We had about 100 at the first game against Rovers and a little over 200 at the second. I know they're still not good enough numbers when compared to what we bring to Bohs or Pats or Waterford but they're still a hell of a lot more than you lot have brought to the Cross anytime in the past 3 or 4 seasons.

The "huge" numbers you bring would'nt be inflated by all the cark people living in the capital now would it?!! :D

Like I said before if ye had your games saturday night instead of friday we would have twice the support, well maybe not the way we're playing now!

KOH

tiktok
29/09/2004, 12:00 PM
The "huge" numbers you bring would'nt be inflated by all the cark people living in the capital now would it?!! :D

Not in any great numbers. there's 20-25 exiles max.
Anyway, all the Dublin people living in the capital haven't been inflating your home attendances recently, have they ;)

A face
29/09/2004, 4:00 PM
Anyway, all the Dublin people living in the capital haven't been inflating your home attendances recently, have they ;)

Was just going to say that same thing :D

NY Hoop
29/09/2004, 4:33 PM
Was just going to say that same thing :D

Where would we be without the cork wit?! :)

KOH

A face
29/09/2004, 5:31 PM

KOH

Alot worse off NY Hoop .... Alot worse off !!

ccfcman
30/09/2004, 9:38 AM

KOH

mountjoy? :)

NY Hoop
30/09/2004, 11:50 AM
mountjoy? :)

Spike Island?!

KOH