PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

Sheridan
27/09/2004, 7:26 PM
Newstalk 106's Off The Ball programme is currently broadcasting (Radio 5 Live's) coverage of Charlton vs. Blackburn. If there is serious demand for this coverage, we really are beyond the point of no return.

I mean, people might conceivably want to watch this game on TV (although, having seen Setanta/RTÉ's live Premiership games so far this season, it's become apparent just how mediocre 90% of Premiership games are; I don't think I've witnessed a hoof-fest like Tottenham-ManU since the Charlton years) but to devote an entire radio programme to live coverage of a match between two mid-table Premiership teams is taking the p*ss. How can people consider this country a serious footballing nation? Ireland - the Malaysia of Western Europe.

PS: While I'm at it, I'd like to congratulate Setanta on their Serie A coverage so far this season. Last night's Lazio-Milan game was a fantastic, fascinating match complemented by excellent commentary. If anyone wants to see real football, tune in to Setanta every Sunday (and not for the SPL, although Dundee-Rangers wasn't bad.)

drinkfeckarse
28/09/2004, 8:32 AM
Watched the first half before I had to switch it off, was absolutely brutal. While I think the Premiership is over-rated skill wise, I think it is great sometimes for excitement. These days though, we seem to get more and more lacklustre games and I'm getting a bit sick of it :(

yur man
28/09/2004, 5:24 PM
fairly typical of newstalk though

i only listen nowadays to it when i know that theyll talk eLeague stuff or have a live game

they could talk for hours and hours about the premiership. oh, wait a minute, they already do