PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Mad Moose
01/04/2013, 7:06 PM
Here's a place and a chance for newest members to introduce themselves before eventual squabble and slaughter here over the usual matters of club and country allegiance (thats summing up that debate mildly. For more see the Barstoolers Facepalm thread (http://foot.ie/threads/144185-Barstool-facepalm) or indeed the more recent 'Dear FAI your league has started (http://foot.ie/threads/177269-Dear-FAI-your-league-has-started)') to music taste or political affiliation.

Dedicated to the newest member long ball Willy who sounds like a right character altogether and who's posts might well be worth watching.

Of course you don't have to be a newbie to introduce yourself. It might be an opportunity to regain your street cred and reform your tainted image around here. Form an orderly queue. We have all fallen foul of somebody here at some point.

And finally. Welcome along.

dahamsta
02/04/2013, 1:29 PM
I'm dahamsta. Everybody hates me. I hate Bray Wanderers Ltd.

nigel-harps1954
02/04/2013, 2:42 PM
And Bray hate you too ;)

Mad Moose
02/04/2013, 6:42 PM
Well I'm glad the thread survived. It was posted after more than one glass of red (hence the occasional typo) and thankfully when I read it back today it still made me smile.

So any sign of long ball Willy then? I must have a look for him and see what his take on life, love and football is. I get a feeling I'll find him in the Ireland section and maybe lurking about that Trap out thread :o

I'm Brendan and I've been lurking about this forum for near on 10 years now. I've upset many a many along the way. My club is Finn Harps and I think I at one point upset everybody there too in my time. Time heals and I try to get back to Finn Park and League of Ireland football once a year because I cannot let go.

There are corners and characters about this place that still frighten me and I can feel very vulnerable and so I don't get into that Ireland forum often. I don't like noise see and it causes me to cower and scream. I hear things about that forum but from the outside. I also try to brave up in the Music forum but I'm clueless so I just nod and say very little while I'm in there. That said I've never come out of there informed so maybe everybody else who contributes in there is clueless too.

Anyhow thats me. Right off to find long ball Willy then.

Mad Moose
02/04/2013, 6:45 PM

Just spotted the added links. Excellent tidy up. I like it.

OwlsFan
03/04/2013, 12:28 PM

I thought mention of Bray Wanderers was forbidden!

dahamsta
03/04/2013, 3:47 PM
Very true. They'd probably try to find a way to call my hatred of them libel, and I'm sure their lawyer chum would consult with them about it for $n an hour.

For the record, I have zero problem with Bray Wanderers and their fans. I just feel sorry for them ;)

Mad Moose
03/04/2013, 7:54 PM
I thought mention of Bray Wanderers was forbidden!

Consider this thread a confessional. The say anything thats on your mind equivalent. There's a place for everyone in this thread even Bray Wanderers (typed with eyes shut). A place Qwl to introduce yourself, confess, redeem yourself and win over your doubters. If you have doubters that is. :)

Mad Moose
14/06/2013, 12:13 PM
Not only does this sacred place have a Long Ball Willy (whom I correctly assumed would be a Corkie or from that particular direction) but there is also a Senor Willy which I find more amusing actually :cool:

BonnieShels
16/06/2013, 10:08 PM
What's the bear bit of Harpsbear about? Or do I want to know?

Mad Moose
17/06/2013, 12:52 PM
What's the bear bit of Harpsbear about? Or do I want to know?

It's a terrible story and one I would never wish to have relived or respoken of again. I'm not welcome back in Canada and I have no real wish to return in any case. Nice country but ya seen it once. It's enough.

Next.

BonnieShels
18/06/2013, 8:01 PM
So you found out that they do more than sh!t in the woods?

I've been there twice. And I'm moving over next year. Love the place.

Señor Willy
24/06/2013, 11:53 PM
Not only does this sacred place have a Long Ball Willy (whom I correctly assumed would be a Corkie or from that particular direction) but there is also a Senor Willy which I find more amusing actually :cool:
Hello my famous follower.

I am quite a calm character who often posts at unsocial hours, many a philosophical post so far. I like to speak the truth. I am glad I came across you Mad Moose. I love local soccer and have a notable hatred for this foreign soccer rubbish on the telly.

You see, I care about ye, I even came along to say hi. :)

Señor Willy
24/06/2013, 11:57 PM
Don't forget my thing over the n please. It's Señor not Senor, they sound different!

BonnieShels
25/06/2013, 8:41 AM
Don't forget my thing over the n please. It's Señor not Senor, they sound different!

Forgetting your "thing" is not gonna be Mad Moose's problem.

Mad Moose
26/06/2013, 12:16 PM
Forgetting your "thing" is not gonna be Mad Moose's problem.

:D

That made me laugh quite alot.

As responses go. How Senor Willy came to find his way here and to this thread deserves explanation. Fair play to the lad. Amicable enough for a Corkie.

Mad Moose
26/06/2013, 12:19 PM
Hello my famous follower.

I am quite a calm character who often posts at unsocial hours, many a philosophical post so far. I like to speak the truth. I am glad I came across you Mad Moose. I love local soccer and have a notable hatred for this foreign soccer rubbish on the telly.

You see, I care about ye, I even came along to say hi. :)

Senor Willy. Well spotted and found and I won't forget your thing in future. :eek: If ever the world is getting ya down or indeed those Cork lads ever get a bit loud and messy get yersel in here to chill and relax. BonnieShels will serve ya tea.

Señor Willy
26/06/2013, 10:26 PM
Senor Willy. Well spotted and found and I won't forget your thing in future. :eek: If ever the world is getting ya down or indeed those Cork lads ever get a bit loud and messy get yersel in here to chill and relax. BonnieShels will serve ya tea.

A nice quiet corner to Foot.ie. I will definitely visit here again.

I was actually scrolling through different threads and found this title a "Ooh what's that now" kinda title and I was genuinely shocked and surprised to be mentioned therefore I had to respond to my fanbase!

Are ye always here? Whenever I have a problem?
Call into the Cork AUL forum anytime, a sane honest individual is always an unusual and welcome sight amongst that madness.

peadar1987
26/06/2013, 10:36 PM
A nice quiet corner to Foot.ie. I will definitely visit here again.

I was actually scrolling through different threads and found this title a "Ooh what's that now" kinda title and I was genuinely shocked and surprised to be mentioned therefore I had to respond to my fanbase!

Are ye always here? Whenever I have a problem?
Call into the Cork AUL forum anytime, a sane honest individual is always an unusual and welcome sight amongst that madness.

You're off to a good start, but you have a long way to go before you're challenging classic foot.ie memes such as Monkey Knife Fights, Xano, or FC Girondins de Termonbarry

Señor Willy
26/06/2013, 10:41 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day as they say Peadar. This is my 5 posts of fame haha.

Mad Moose
27/06/2013, 12:26 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day as they say Peadar. This is my 5 posts of fame haha.

Have ya got much dealing with this Long Ball Willy lad then? It was he who prompted the thread and genuine shock and humour when I spotted Senor Willy.

There are many forums I wont go next or near. Life's too short. Anything Cork related is too much for me. I could never visit or engage with anything thats Cork related.

In fact I went out with a girl from Cork in my early Uni days. This is no word of a lie. She dumped me and I turned up a couple of days later and she thought I was been a bit funny. I didn't know she dumped me :)

Mad Moose
27/06/2013, 12:27 PM
You're off to a good start, but you have a long way to go before you're challenging classic foot.ie memes such as Monkey Knife Fights, Xano, or FC Girondins de Termonbarry

One of those isd almost certainly Mr A logged in under a different guise. Monkey Knife Fights. In fact I'll put money on it.

bennocelt
05/07/2013, 3:39 PM
Just curious - since i am now back in Europe (Switzerland) wondering if there are any footiers in central Europe - ground hopping purposes - the ex pats here are dead boring (rugby folk)
I recall there was one footier from switzerland but can remember the name!

Mad Moose
11/07/2013, 10:41 AM
Just curious - since i am now back in Europe (Switzerland) wondering if there are any footiers in central Europe - ground hopping purposes - the ex pats here are dead boring (rugby folk)
I recall there was one footier from switzerland but can remember the name!

When I ran the Lucerne Marathon last October I was one of two Irish who undertook it. The other lad was a Dub living in Basel. Good spot though. A country I'd happily live in.

Acornvilla
11/07/2013, 11:02 AM
I'm almost sure it's ''Real Ale Madrid'' that you're thinking of, Beno! Isn't he in Belgium or some place, that's central Europe enough, can't think of any Swiss.

bennocelt
11/07/2013, 1:16 PM
When I ran the Lucerne Marathon last October I was one of two Irish who undertook it. The other lad was a Dub living in Basel. Good spot though. A country I'd happily live in.

Well there are 2/3 irish bars here!
Got my match ticket for Basel's first game today - less than 20 quid - cheapest season tkt is roughly 260 pounds!!!!
Having said that - bought a pint of lager today for just under 7 pounds (Sterling!!) -ffsssssssssssss!!!!

Dont know about Real Ale - thought there was someone else who lived in Neuchatel

Links123
15/07/2013, 7:38 AM
Hi. I am Links. I am new here, I just want to check that I haven't mistakenly signed up to a gay chat room before I proceed to post anything further.

Eminence Grise
15/07/2013, 9:18 AM
Not gay, just very happy. Apart from a few resident grumps who mix it up when the rest of us would prefer to be discussing our pressed flower collections.:wink:

Mad Moose
16/07/2013, 9:39 AM
Well there are 2/3 irish bars here!
Got my match ticket for Basel's first game today - less than 20 quid - cheapest season tkt is roughly 260 pounds!!!!
Having said that - bought a pint of lager today for just under 7 pounds (Sterling!!) -ffsssssssssssss!!!!

Dont know about Real Ale - thought there was someone else who lived in Neuchatel

I wanted to do my next marathon in Norway this year but like Switzerland its ridiculously expensive. I think I was paying the same for a small glass of red so needed a remortgage going there. Fantastic country though. 20 Euro for a game is pretty good. I paid 15 pound into Cheltenham Town earlier this season. Your 20 Euro would have gotten you in to see Finn Harps twice and 180 minutes of entertainment and value for money.

Hi. I am Links. I am new here, I just want to check that I haven't mistakenly signed up to a gay chat room before I proceed to post anything further.

Welcome along. Hmmmm gay chat room. There's an idea for a forum topic. :) I'll check with dahamsta and see if there's room.

Not gay, just very happy. Apart from a few resident grumps who mix it up when the rest of us would prefer to be discussing our pressed flower collections.:wink:

This was the place for those misunderstood few to come along and reengage and maybe redeem themselves. There's. No shortage of candidates.