PDA

View Full Version : Lopes..not the answer

SSS
26/09/2004, 4:38 PM
..to any of our problems.
I've seen him three or four times now and he's done nothing.
I'm sure we'll get the "give him time" replies, but TBH Aidan Murray or Admir Softic would do a better job. He should be imposing himself on games at U21 level, but he has been very poor - weak in the air for a big man & terrible distribution. My money is on him being gone by season's end, unless Dolan has a blind spot for him.

Ruairi
26/09/2004, 4:48 PM
he's alright, nothin special, but he's only here three weeks FFS. give him a bit of time to settle.

you're right about aidan murray, he's a fantastic talent, still very raw talent though. he wasn't great last night, seen him play better though. question mark hanging over his temprement, but if he sticks it out he'll have a great future.

paudie
27/09/2004, 12:28 PM
Lopes certainly didn't stand out on saturday night against a very average Sligo/Leitrim team.

Anybody else see Mark Hutchinson playing for them. He used play for Sligo and shels.

Very dodgy hairdo complete with hairband. Maybe its all the rage in the North West.

Shelsman
27/09/2004, 12:48 PM
How much does it cost to go to reserve games?

A face
27/09/2004, 1:02 PM
How much does it cost to go to reserve games?

Dunno ... the game the other night (U21) was a tenner. Depends on where they are played though !!

Éanna
27/09/2004, 1:05 PM
the game on saturday was 10 for adults, 3 for kids because it was a final. u21's usually play out in bishopstown and there isn't usually a charge. well worth going to see them- they play some nice football