PDA

View Full Version : Sweden v Republic of Ireland 22 March 13

Real ale Madrid
22/03/2013, 8:22 AM
Sweden are 7/5 (-1) with Paddy Power, and 4/1 (-2)

Given our last 4 competitive games against "good" sides reads: 1-3, 0-4, 0-2, 1-6 - is this too good an opportunity to miss or are Sweden really that much better than us at all?

pineapple stu
22/03/2013, 8:28 AM
I saw that on the main thread yesterday and got 6/4 on the Sweden -1 bet. Don't like saying it, but if Zlatan wants to play, we're screwed.

ifk101
22/03/2013, 8:42 AM
Not too sure. Seems quite short imo. I think we have a reasonable chance of scoring, so Sweden probably need three goals to cover the handicap. Take away Ibrahimovic and their team isn't a collection of world-beaters. In saying that, we're setup to invite teams onto us so it wouldn't surprise me if Sweden give us a right hammering. In short I'm sitting on the fence :-) but my feeling is the price is too short.

pineapple stu
22/03/2013, 11:14 AM
But you can't really take away Ibrahimovic. He almost single-handedly did for England, for example.

Real ale Madrid
22/03/2013, 12:26 PM
Call me Gregos Traitorelli but the -1 and the -2 both look like good bets to me. To be honest I have no confidence in us doing anything positive tonight so its just a question to see if the Swedes are going to be good enough to take advantage. They should be really up for this tonight - they know they can put us a long way from qualification with a convincing win and they can then concentrate themselves on trying to topple Germany. Bad ol form to back against your own but i'll be delighted to see us get anything from the game, and if we get tanked I'll have a few bob to cheer me up!

Watch Sweden win 1-0 now.

ArdeeBhoy
24/03/2013, 11:18 PM
They didn't. This time.

Not that the match really counted as 'entertainment'.