PDA

View Full Version : Ronan seery says city fans are no better than lowlife scum

Pages : [1] 2 3

exile
24/09/2004, 2:04 PM
visit the dcfc website and go to the match report of last nites match www.dublincityfc.com he basicaly said that the city fans behind the goal are a disgrace to club county and country and that we are no better than lowlife scum :eek: :eek: :eek:

thecorner
24/09/2004, 2:06 PM
for just supporting our team :eek:

dont see anything wrong with that...everybody does it

thecorner
24/09/2004, 2:08 PM
The game was marred by a disgraceful display by a minority of so called Cork `fans' who congregated behind Ryan's goal for the second half and hurled non-stop scurrilous abuse at the former Rovers netminder.

The abuse was so vile that Dublin City chairman Ronan Seery made a personal plea to desist but the morons simply turned their vengeful rant on Seery with some continuing to hurl a barrage of foul language after the game.

Said Seery: "I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots."

"We can accept defeat with grace on the field of play, but to single out an individual like they did and rant on in a very personal and individual way, was simply a disgrace and Cork must shoulder a sad burden that part of their following baggage is made up of nothing better than lowlife scum."

boc123
24/09/2004, 2:20 PM
I think he's got the hump :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thecorner
24/09/2004, 2:22 PM
he also forgot to mention barry ryan telling one of our fans he would see him outside

Colm
24/09/2004, 2:28 PM
Is he having a laugh or what?!
We all went behind the goal to support our team and have a bit of banter with Barry Ryan. The worst that was said was 'Barry takes it up the nose' and 'junkie'.
Seery took it upon himself to come over and tell City fans to "shut the fcuk up", he then gave us the finger a couple of times. Naturally the City fans got annoyed by his behaviour but the stewards were bang on and removed him from our section before anything serious happened.
It's the kind of behaviour you'd expect from Ollie Byrne but obviously Seery is just as bad.
Also nice of Barry Ryan to tell a certain City fan who you all know that he'd "see him outside after"! :rolleyes:
Is it something about teams who play in Tolka or what I wonder, does the place bring out the worst in chairman and players??!!

Oh, on the way out last night Tom the Gom told me he'd be speaking to Brian Lennox to ensure that each and every single City fan there last night would be barred for the Cross! What a clown! :D :D

tiktok
24/09/2004, 2:30 PM
"I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots....... simply a disgrace and Cork must shoulder a sad burden that part of their following baggage is made up of nothing better than lowlife scum."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was one of the fans behind the goal, I am neither lacking in intellect or lacking in moral fibre. Here's my version.

At the end of the game I (and others) applauded Barry Ryan off, and he turned around and appluaded us. The interaction between Ryan and us was intended to wind him up but it was light-hearted and he took it in good spirits.

The stewards behind the goal shared a joke with us and Barry during the second half, and the mood was jovial if anything. At no stage did they feel that the mood had turned ugly enough to alert the five members of the Gardai sitting together in the main stand.

The only stage when it looked like turning nasty was when Seery and his bespoke tailored sidekick came over to us. If hurling abuse at (one of us in particular), calling him a scumbag is how he delivers a 'personal plea' then I'd hate to see him in an argument. He was abusive and aggressive and while a few of the lads had beers in them, they were restrained in their response, and did not give worse than they got.

Again, at no stage did the Stewards on duty feel the need to move us, or call for support from the Gardai present. Ian acted as our Representative and spoke with the head steward, and his response, quite correctly was to move Seery away, since IMO, he'd been the instigator of what little hassle there was.

So to reiterate,
The Gardai (neutral) didn't have a problem with us
The Stewards (neutral) didn't have a problem with us
Barry Ryan didn't even have a problem with us

This is the first time in my life that I've been called a scumbag and I don't take kindly to it, I hope those of you who know me personally or from what i post on this site would think of me in a much more positive light.

IMO there was only one scumbag causing trouble misrepresenting his 'club', and given his position of power, he should have behaved a lot better.

Ruairi
24/09/2004, 2:33 PM
this is the part that really got me

I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots

he's been involved so long he's never seen fans (quite well behaved i have to say) song songs that try to wind up an opposition player? seriously like?

is this guy for feckin real or what?

thecorner
24/09/2004, 2:34 PM
info@beamsystems.ie

there you go lads,let ronan know personally

Ruairi
24/09/2004, 2:36 PM
It's the kind of behaviour you'd expect from Ollie Byrne but obviously Seery is just as bad.

maybe it's something in the tolka park water....

fella
24/09/2004, 2:44 PM
was over by the city dug out so pretty near to things and would agree that at no stage did it appear that things got out of hand and as others have said Ryan seemed to take things in his stride - he was even shaking his hips to the "city beat" in the first half. Sounds like much ado about nothing pity this moron and his club don't have any fans of their own - if they did he might know a little more about managing and dealing with fans and not be coming out abusing fans who travelled over 300 miles on a Thursday night to support a so called "crisis club" !!!

Bye Bye Seery and your crappy franchise you and your ilk have no place in the premier league - home of real clubs with real fans.

Rebel Army Abu

tiktok
24/09/2004, 2:45 PM
he should have been thanking us for tripling his home attendance and paying his bloody rent :rolleyes:

UsherUsher
24/09/2004, 3:40 PM
I said it last night and I'll say it again...yer man was pished off cause

a) If you were that small and ugly - you be pished off with life as well, he needed someone to take it on on. I saw him kicking an empty can of coke before he started on us.

b) If you put 18 grand into a club and you were bottom of the league with no supporters then again - you would be ****ed off.

c) I heard that Shels put the rent up by 12% before the game which probably put him in a bad mood.

Barry Ryan chose his fate - he's a footballer, whether it's the Serie A, English, Scottish, Irish hell even the Equadorian leagues - YOU WILL GET STICK!

Dricky
24/09/2004, 3:40 PM
HE is Just like Ollie B looks like sound like and will be as fat as some day so maybe he is really Ollie...............

HE was acting like someone had stolen his carpet

thecorner
24/09/2004, 3:43 PM
I said it last night and I'll say it again...yer man was pished off cause

a) If you were that small and ugly - you be pished off with life as well, !

hahahahahaha

i like it

Slash/ED
24/09/2004, 3:51 PM
he also forgot to mention barry ryan telling one of our fans he would see him outside

Oh christ, what a clown :D He did the same thing against Shels, and he wonders why he gets such stick?

thecorner
24/09/2004, 3:56 PM
dontknow is this the right place to post this but uve just gotta laugh at this

from dublin city website

Most users ever online was 9 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:05 pm

:D :D :D

yiddo
24/09/2004, 4:01 PM
And all 9 were City fans I'd say........ :D or maybe 8 City and mr dcfc himself :p

thecorner
24/09/2004, 4:10 PM
Y

As for Tom the Gom. what a pr!ck. Told me, Colm and a few more that he was going to tell Brian Lennox about our chants the next time he comes to the X. As if Brian would listen to a luanitic like him!

hence the name "the gom"

jofyisgod
24/09/2004, 4:17 PM
I can't believe this! I really can't. This is disgusting to have this shíte coming out of a chairman, the leader of one of the clubs in the Premier Division(not for much longer, but still).

To call genuine fans 'scum' is out of line. It just shows Dub City up as a bunch of tw@ts who aren't good enough, or strong enough even to take a bit of slagging off the away support(of which they have none).

Has anyone e-mailed Seery yet?

niamh
24/09/2004, 4:18 PM
I think the main point is that Ryan himself did not take it seriously.
Who cares what Seery thinks, he only after some publicity.

thecorner
24/09/2004, 4:40 PM
I think the main point is that Ryan himself did not take it seriously.

tbh i reckon barry was even embarrased about the whole incedent

Dodge
24/09/2004, 4:40 PM
You're nothing but scum!

exile
24/09/2004, 4:53 PM
sent seery an email telling him a few home truths did anyone else
and dodge i know your home support is going the way of dublin city but dont be bitter cork city fans are always strong in numbers in richmond park so we will pay your teams wages too :rolleyes:

thecorner
24/09/2004, 4:57 PM
sent seery an email telling him a few home truths did anyone else

sent him an e-mail as well but nothing about the game

just hope he likes gay pictures :D

Dodge
24/09/2004, 5:15 PM
and dodge i know your home support is going the way of dublin city but dont be bitter cork city fans are always strong in numbers in richmond park so we will pay your teams wages too :rolleyes:

Glad to see the sarcasm detector is still working fine down in Cork...

exile
24/09/2004, 5:19 PM
Glad to see the sarcasm detector is still working fine down in Cork...

im actualy in dubland

exile
24/09/2004, 5:20 PM

just hope he likes gay pictures :D
:D :D :D

Éanna
24/09/2004, 8:21 PM
I've e-mailed Seery as well, I also spoke to Brian Lennox and a few others at city asking that it be withdrawn from the site at very least. Seery should be fined for this. this the mail I sent:

Dear Mr Seery,
I wish to object in the strongest possible terms to the utterly outrageous comments made about Cork City fans on your official website. The banter between Barry Ryan and the City fans behind his goal in the second half is part and parcel of football. Barry Ryan is not the first player who has got a slagging and certainly will not be the last, as a professional footballer I'm sure he takes these things in his stride. Your behaviour in confronting the fans behind that goal (of whom I was one) was totally unacceptable and is the kind of act which can often make a bad situation worse. If you did not want fans behind the goal, you should have arranged this with the stewards before the game, and indeed if our behaviour was so "scurrilous" surely the stewards would have dealt with it? I have unfortunately seen much worse at football grounds in my time as a Cork City fan, and if you are seriously suggesting that this was the "lowest" conduct you've witnessed, then I suggest you have lead a very sheltered existence. Cork City fans are among the best and most well behaved anywhere in the world as is borne out by our friendship with fans we met on our travels in Europe this year and previously. I am extremely angry and highly offended that you should seek to damage my good name and that of my fellow City fans with language laden with exaggeration as you have done is utterly unacceptable. In any league that is run professionally your actions would no doubt have meant a disrepute charge for you personally and action against your club for its poor stewarding. Unfortunately, the eircom League is poorly run and allows clubs to do as they wish. I would conclude by wishing your club good luck for the rest of the season, but in the light of your comments and those made by your manager in the programme, added to the fact that your club has brought nothing to the Premier Division of this league by being there, I will not do so.

Yours in Sport,

thecorner
24/09/2004, 8:26 PM
when u spoke to lennox,what was his take on the situation

exile
24/09/2004, 8:37 PM
lads check out sheridans post in the dublin city forum on foot.ie he reckons we were louthish neanderthals and worse

thecorner
24/09/2004, 8:46 PM
. I don't want to say any more.,

can u pm me

UsherUsher
24/09/2004, 11:09 PM
Spot the difference

CLICK HERE (http://www.thegaff.biz/who.jpg)

FREAKY

Éanna
24/09/2004, 11:26 PM
Spot the difference

CLICK HERE (http://www.thegaff.biz/who.jpg)

FREAKY
roland rat's lawyers will be in touch i'd say. thats slander. poor rat

harry crumb
25/09/2004, 12:34 AM
Why couldnt you all just watch the match and support the team. It was the same in Waterford last season. People think its ok to go awat to another part of the ground and verbally abuse a player(Dan Connor) . Its all a bit sad.

I dont think City fans should be high and mighty about how well behaved they are. We're no angels.

thecorner
25/09/2004, 7:20 AM
Why couldnt you all just watch the match and support the team. It was the same in Waterford last season. People think its ok to go awat to another part of the ground and verbally abuse a player(Dan Connor) . Its all a bit sad.

where u there... if not, u dont know what happened...so unless u know the facts...STAY OUT OF IT

SSS
25/09/2004, 8:40 AM

I dont think City fans should be high and mighty about how well behaved they are. We're no angels.

Careful harry, you're going against the consensus here! The coaches and managers will have you for breakfast.

Without commenting on the specific events, I agree that "Barry takes it up the nose" type stuff does not really come under the "supporting your team" definition. Ryan's reaction to the taunting does not necessarily make it right or acceptable and it is reasonable to expect some people to take exception to it. If Ryan didn't like it, would it stop? I doubt it.
Was it acceptable for away fans to taunt Dave Hill with "Dave Hill, Dave Hill, where's your wife"??

I do think there is a difference between taunting a guy for his personal life and doing to someone who has behaved in a certain way on the pitch (Connor for example).

Seery's reaction wasn't exactly mature by all accounts here, but sure we'll rise above that with gay pics. ;)

Éanna
25/09/2004, 11:34 AM
Without commenting on the specific events, I agree that "Barry takes it up the nose" type stuff does not really come under the "supporting your team" definition. Ryan's reaction to the taunting does not necessarily make it right or acceptable and it is reasonable to expect some people to take exception to it.
might not come under "supporting" but I think the intention was to distract him and gain an advantage for City. Either way, I'm sure he's heard before and he's well able to take it

dahamsta
25/09/2004, 12:20 PM

just hope he likes gay pictures :DYou had gay pictures to send him?

<calin> we had a guy at school that wore black lipstick.. and was all gothy.. and then one day we caught him buying an assvibrator
<ecoli> ew.
<ecoli> wait, you "caught" him?
<ecoli> like, you were behind him in line at the assvibrator store?
<Aero> he doesnt answer
*** Quits: calin (No route to host)

Colm
25/09/2004, 12:21 PM

Yeah it's sad, we're so sad we travelled to Dublin for the game in first place. That's sad, I'd say you're way too cool to go to away games, especially considering that you might be offended by the what the fans are saying.
I'll you what, fcuk off! As theCorner said, if you don't know the facts stay out of it.

Good email Eanna, I sent something similar.
For SSS et al who seem to think that it's not acceptable. In all fairness, we didn't go too far and you can go to any football ground anywhere in the world and fans will be abusing opposition players, It's the way things are and if things were any different it would be a sad state of affairs. Football fans don't have to be nice and why should they be!

Doesn't Seery unnervingly similar to his fellow scumbag Ollie Byrne? :eek:

dahamsta
25/09/2004, 12:30 PM
I think the intention was to distract him and gain an advantage for City.And there was me thinking that it was the guys on the pitch that were supposed to play the game! And they don't even charge the club for their services to the game, how charitable! (I've seen this behaviour at a couple of games. It's like watching kiddies in a creche.)

adam

Colm
25/09/2004, 12:45 PM
This guy sounds like he could be the "unique" supporter me and Colm spoke to on the way out. This guy is on cloud nine as well if it is him cos we abused nobody, nor did we do this

That's him alright I'd say. He seemed like an alright bloke at the time but looking at what he posted all I can say is.... what a loser!
To underline the fantasy world this guy lives in, he also told one of us there was over 400 people at the game. There was 150 at the very very most.
He was unique though! :D

I've seen this behaviour at a couple of games. It's like watching kiddies in a creche.

Come off it Adam, you know better than to say something like that unless fun, atmosphere and banter is now suddenly wrong at football games?!

thecorner
25/09/2004, 1:01 PM
You had gay pictures to send him?

ever hear of a thing called google. u can search anything and get it in seconds even gay pics :rolleyes:

thecorner
25/09/2004, 1:07 PM
but he way...did we miss something up at the game thursday...the way things are going u swear that we murdered sombody

Gary
25/09/2004, 1:49 PM
It's a pity we don't get to play them again.....

Is it? Glad to see them suffering. I for one hope that shower never 'grace', or indeed darken the doorstep of the Premier Division ever agaiin.

dahamsta
25/09/2004, 2:27 PM
Come off it Adam, you know better than to say something like that unless fun, atmosphere and banter is now suddenly wrong at football games?!I call chanting and singing fun and atmosphere. I call messing with each other banter. I call trying to distract the players interference with the game.

How would you like it if some ignorant tosser came up to you when you were trying to do your job and shouted in your ear, and made personal remarks about your family, or a drug habit?

Like I said, it's like watching children in a creche. Or shell-suited, shadow-mustachioued muppets on a street corner.

adam

thecorner
25/09/2004, 2:32 PM
I call chanting and singing fun and atmosphere. I call messing with each other banter. I call trying to distract the players interference with the game.

How would you like it if some ignorant tosser came up to you when you were trying to do your job and shouted in your ear, and made personal remarks about your family, or a drug habit?

Like I said, it's like watching children in a creche. Or shell-suited, shadow-mustachioued muppets on a street corner.

adam

u need to get out more

havent been to a game for a while ;)

Sheridan
25/09/2004, 2:40 PM
(The relevant thread has been locked, so I just want to clarify some of the circumstances surrounding comments made about me on this one.)

whats that got to with us? we didn't throw anything at him.
You honestly don't see the security risk here?

Game A: Goalkeeper is targeted for abuse by fans in the new stand, behind his goal. This goes unchecked and eventually escalates to the point where objects are thrown, endangering the goalkeeper's well-being.

Game B, a couple of weeks later: The same goalkeeper is targeted for abuse by fans standing mere feet away.

I didn't see that (was probably putting flags away or something) but that kind of thing shouldn't happen. Find it hard to believe that City fans WOULD behave like that, but their mood was undoubtedly fuelled by the behaviour of Seery, nevertheless, nobody should be bothered if they're just going about their business.
Here's a brief précis of what happened after the game.

I remained in my seat for ten minutes after the game, as is my wont (I like to observe the players' and manager's body language during the warmdown, and also to wallow in defeat.)

The Cork players came out to warm down and a bunch of boisterous Cork fans emerged from the main entrance beneath me, cheering and applauding their players as any good fan would. Several caught sight of me sitting above them and one shouted "Dublin c*nt!" (at which point, perhaps coincidentally, a Cork player began to applaud the fans.) In fairness, this WAS actually a kid, as opposed to someone who should have known better acting like one.

I decided to leave as there was no sign of our players coming out, so I stood up and moved quickly down the steps (at which point the CC fans immediately turned and left, for some reason.) As I strolled towards the Drumcondra exit, Roddy, Terry and the DCFC players began to emerge, and were greeted with a torrent of swearing and abuse from a handful of Cork City fans hanging around the Drumcondra end of the main stand. Now, what precisely was the reasoning behind this, Éanna? How did this behaviour manifest support for their team? The game was over. It would be a long time before the teams met again, if ever. This was just sheer loutishness.

Nonethless, being a magnaminous soul, I was just about to shout "well done, lads", as I passed these fans (who have since, interestingly, identified themselves on this forum), when one of them caught sight of me and shouted "Here comes Dublin City's only fan, lads", or words to that effect. Not wishing to start any trouble, I stopped, turned, approached him and offered my hand (in a semi-ironic) fashion, still prepared to have a casual chat as I do with fans of every club after game. Immediately, however, he began to make sarcastic comments about me and my club, while his mates sniggered in the background. I was still not in the mood for an argument, so I just ignored him, muttered a few words and turned to watch the warm-down. He persisted however, grabbed the scarf around my neck, and shook it whilst saying "You must be very proud of your club." At this point, he was not only acting the sarcastic boll0cks, but invading my personal space in a manner that would have earned him a slapping, had he done it to 90% of football fans other than myself. At the very least, it was an extremely uncouth.

Not wanting to cause trouble, I walked away from him, leant on the barrier for a while, and then left (at which point he proffered his hand again, which I accepted because to do otherwise would have been petty.)

If you honestly think there was nothing wrong with the behaviour of your fans last night, there's not much I can do to help.

thecorner
25/09/2004, 2:49 PM
u seem to forgot when we were passing some of your stewards and chairman by the main stand at the end of the game to shouts of cork scum and giving us the finger.also a few dublin city fans there

maybe its not being mentioned because it was you...just maybe

Sheridan
25/09/2004, 2:54 PM
u seem to forgot when we were passing some of your stewards and chairman by the main stand at the end of the game to shouts of cork scum and giving us the finger.also a few dublin city fans there

maybe its not being mentioned because it was you...just maybe
I didn't call anyone scum or give anyone the finger. I sat on my own during the second half and left on my own.

Are you making an allegation?