PDA

View Full Version : Alvin Rouse

Dunny
14/03/2013, 6:02 PM
(Didnt know where else to put this, move if needed)

Former Monaghan United, Sligo Rovers, Galway United and Longford Town Goalkeeper Alvin Rouse has appeared in court on rape and sexual assault charges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21791437

MariborKev
14/03/2013, 6:16 PM
Fair enough Dunny, it may move but for now it can sit here.

Bear in mind though, with events of the last week, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Advance warning, anything that sails close to the wind will result in punishments.

Longfordian
14/03/2013, 6:20 PM
Jaysus :eek:

nigel-harps1954
14/03/2013, 6:50 PM
Christ..always thought he was a decent goalkeeper. Seemed to always have a superb performance against Harps, annoyingly.

horton
14/03/2013, 6:56 PM
Jaysus, would Ballinamallard be able to stop his contract/paying him if he's likely to be in custody until the trials over, thus being unavailable for training/matches etc?

Martinho II
14/03/2013, 8:22 PM
I am shocked to hear the news about rouse.. I hope it works out for him..

Longfordian
14/03/2013, 8:33 PM
I am shocked to hear the news about rouse.. I hope it works out for him..

Well, not if he's guilty, but we can't get into that here.

Acornvilla
14/03/2013, 11:00 PM
I demand my clubs name be removed from this thread or to court we shall go.

Magicme
14/03/2013, 11:27 PM
Having worked with Alvin over the years and spent time with him I am totally and absolutely floored by todays events. He is possibly one of the players I always felt most relaxed around and safe. In fact one night in a niteclub in Monaghan when someone went to hit me over an argument about Monaghan United, Alvin stepped in the way and told the guy to never lay a finger on me.

This is such a tough one. As someone I consider a mate I can't see this being true, but as a female I can't really say that another female is a liar in such a case.

Am heartbroken.

L.T.F.C.
14/03/2013, 11:31 PM
as a female I can't really say that another female is a liar in such a case.

Eh why?

Magicme
14/03/2013, 11:41 PM
Sorry should qualify that with until we have all the facts. Its a very difficult thing to report abuse and if people don't believe it that makes it worse so I generally feel I have to fall on the side of supporting the female until its shown she is a liar but in this case I can't do that. Am not saying what am trying to say right coz my head is just a mess over this.

avvenalaf
15/03/2013, 10:14 AM
Sorry, still trying to get my head around the fact that people could be fighting in a night club over Monaghan United.

Louth4sam
15/03/2013, 12:23 PM
Sorry, still trying to get my head around the fact that people could be fighting in a night club over Monaghan United.

"No, you support them more" , "No YOU support them more"

Acornvilla
15/03/2013, 3:23 PM
I once witnessed a fight in a nightclub in Longford between a Town and Man utd fan, the Utd fan called longford sh!t and fisticuffs ensued :D

dong
16/03/2013, 8:17 PM
Sure everybody knows the Longfordians and the Mancs have had a troubled relationship down through the years.A rivalry that goes beyond football there.

Charlie Darwin
16/03/2013, 10:24 PM
Sure everybody knows the Longfordians and the Mancs have had a troubled relationship down through the years.A rivalry that goes beyond football there.
Given that absolutely everybody in Longford supports one or the other, you're probably perversely right.

Martinho II
17/03/2013, 5:41 PM
see that Alvin played for Ballinamallard yesterday.

sligoman
07/08/2013, 12:43 PM
Think it should be noted, all charges against Rouse have been dropped.