PDA

View Full Version : Town v Waterford

fitzpatrick10
11/03/2013, 10:02 PM
dont want to drop points to waterford at home anyway, id be happy with a draw doe.

also section o set up a pre match meet up in foxs before the game, hopefully there will be a good crowd at this game after winning our last two games

outspoken
13/03/2013, 4:40 PM
Would be hoping for 500+ for this one, eh we have a tough two trips coming up so a win could be vital ahead of those games, I said I'd take 7 points from first four so if we do draw it's far from the end of the world but I think we'll have enough in a nervy 2-1 win with Waterford starting slow as traditional.

nigel-harps1954
13/03/2013, 10:08 PM
Waterford are a good side this year. Underestimated them myself. Very well drilled. Longford need to get right on top of them and get attacking them. It's the only way Harps got on top last week.

fitzpatrick10
14/03/2013, 12:47 AM
Waterford are a good side this year. Underestimated them myself. Very well drilled. Longford need to get right on top of them and get attacking them. It's the only way Harps got on top last week.

whats was der new forwards like, i still think we have enough to win this and win it well, any word on shaw ?

nigel-harps1954
14/03/2013, 2:54 PM
As I said, they're just a very well drilled team. No real standout players, just playing as a unit. Paudie Quinn and Vinny Sullivan will always be potential threats.

Partizan
14/03/2013, 7:01 PM
Lads, just to let you know that there is full match commentary of Saturday's game here in case you cant make it for whatever reason - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/radio-dbsc

outspoken
15/03/2013, 2:21 PM
Cogs Quilty is very similar to our very own David O'Sullivan, he has great pace in behind and good control with a proven non-league goals record. I'm hearing he wont start Sat night but will be interesting to see how the 2 forward lines compare

Acornvilla
15/03/2013, 10:01 PM
Wish I could be home for it :(

Will tune in to that radio feed thou, cheers Partizan!

Partizan
16/03/2013, 11:34 AM
Wish I could be home for it :(

Will tune in to that radio feed thou, cheers Partizan!

No problem, happy to oblige. We will be interviewing a couple of the Section O heads at HT.

Keen2win
16/03/2013, 1:46 PM
No problem, happy to oblige. We will be interviewing a couple of the Section O heads at HT.

Are you sure you want to do that?

Keen2win
16/03/2013, 9:44 PM
Good times

Audacity
16/03/2013, 9:47 PM
Congrats Lads, top of the league...Great win!!!

fitzpatrick10
16/03/2013, 9:50 PM
Lads, just to let you know that there is full match commentary of Saturday's game here in case you cant make it for whatever reason - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/radio-dbsc

anywhere could listen to the half time analysis that was given ?

Keen2win
16/03/2013, 9:59 PM
Gillespie was poor enough, how was he last week?

Will he last the season?

O'Sullivan is brilliant!

De Town
16/03/2013, 10:02 PM
Gillespie was our worst player last week imo, and he was terrible again tonight. Legs are gone I think.

fitzpatrick10
16/03/2013, 10:20 PM
we didnt play that well in general, we looked so relaxed accross the back while 1 down, great result in the end doe, sullivan top player, hopefully he doest get injured

Acornvilla
16/03/2013, 10:37 PM
Loved the commentary lads, it was hilarious at times, more so for yer moaning about tactics and the ref as well as overhearing the conversations in the press box in the background :D

Bosco
17/03/2013, 11:58 AM
Not a great performance but a great result!Agree on Keith,looked like the tank was empty half way into the second half,it looked like Salmo had to work extra hard to cover for him at times!Thought N'Kolo looked very lively, particularly in the 1st half,some of his crosses were excellent.Was dissapointed to see so much hoofing...none of the midfield showing for the ball when it was coming from the back four, Tyrell in particular seemed very keen to belt it up to the forwards!Though Colly played very well when he came on, although he looked very eager to get another spectacular goal, shooting whenever he got the chance!Isichei and O'Sullivan are two very pacy forwards which we havnt had in a long time, particularly O'Sullivan...what a player that fella is... unbelievably excited about seeing him play for us this year!

On another note,the Atmosphere over in Section O was pathetic...we have to get it together lads...too many people just waiting for someone else to start singing...fair play to the stand though...was the loudest i've heard them in a long time...

outspoken
17/03/2013, 12:13 PM
Havent enjoyed a win like that in a long time! The atmosphere in the stand was fantastic so fair play to everyone who joined in and I'd love to see it like that as often as possible this season.

On the game itself I thought we played well, even before we went behind (to a wonder goal that there was no stopping) I thought we passed it well and looked dangerous. It was a high tempo game and in the end the difference was Brian McCarthy at CB heading everything clear and our 2 strikers up front. Anyone who was in Athlone monday night would have been shocked with Isichili's performance he looked a totally different player.

I'm glad to see Im not the only one disappointed by Gillespie this season I thought he was our worst player last week and it was another hands on knees job second half from him, Salmo is carrying him and its effecting Salmos performances so if TC was to drop him I'd have no problem with it.

Only slight criticism I'd have would be the constant hesitation between Bennion and the back 4. He made one good sweep early on but after that he was coming and stopping and if that confusion keeps up wel conceded a lot of silly goals so hopefully as confidence grows hel become more commanding in those situations.

All in all though a fantastic win, a fantastic atmosphere and an even bigger game to look forward to next week!

Keen2win
17/03/2013, 12:25 PM
Seemed to be more than 320 there?

Neish
17/03/2013, 12:48 PM
Good result for you last night, hopefully we will see a good crowd of you in Ballybofey next week

L.T.F.C.
17/03/2013, 2:51 PM
Our fitness is a big issue. Sammo and O'Sullivan were the only ones fully fit.

There was a serious disjoint between the centre backs and Bennion. Too much indecision which will lead to goals conceded. Nkololo was only ok, far too light in tackles. When you see Havo putting his head in block a shot and Nkololo pulling out of tackles that were to be in his favour was very frustrating. Tyrell made some silly tackles in the second half which was disappointing, but played well. I like him. Purdy was good, and Smmo was brilliant in picking th ball up in midfield. If O'Sullivan was to get better service, he'd could have had another hatrick.

Macy
17/03/2013, 2:52 PM
Seemed to be more than 320 there?
About right, if not on the high side tbh.

Good first half, sat back too much second half. Harsh to write off someone for the season after two games.

Martinho II
17/03/2013, 5:26 PM
I echo what Bosco said about the atmosphere in section o. I think there are a few reasons:

1. Too many gaps between the elder section o heads and the other section o lads. If we had everyone standing a row up in the same block it may make a difference.
2. We still have to sort out the songs with flansiro in it..
3. It might help if a few of the lads had a few drinks before the game to calm the shyness!

in practice it will get better. The stand were impressive last night imo..

outspoken
18/03/2013, 11:39 AM
Well said L.T.F.C that was one of the bravest blocks your likely to see from Havo especially as he is only back from injury, I thought Nkolo played well but he needs to be braver on the ground.

As for the fitness levels theres no reason they shouldnt be fit with their own fitness coach and all the gym/nutrition programs he gives them in pre-season.

L.T.F.C.
18/03/2013, 11:53 AM
I suppose you could put it down to the game on Monday, but fitness was a definite issue.

Longfordian
18/03/2013, 12:41 PM
Usually takes a few competitive games before they'd be at full fitness. If they're still struggling in three or four weeks it'd be more of a concern.