PDA

View Full Version : who would be a bigger loss

optimus
23/09/2004, 4:48 PM
georgie or dolan

id say dolan would be a bigger loss to city than georgie .. but before anyone jumps down my throat about george i must say hes a good player but a bit hit and miss lately .
at least dolan is consistent with his lies

jofyisgod
23/09/2004, 5:14 PM
On a personal level, and as a big fan of his, i would miss Georgie more. However, for the club as a whole and it's progression, i believe Pat Dolan would be bigger loss. He has got this club going in the right direction, and no-one can deny that he has worked wonders on the PR and has improved the squad quite alot(Danny, Doyler, Kearntey).

Answer: :( DOLAN

Fair_play_boy
23/09/2004, 6:09 PM
The loss is already there. Georgie has lost huge credibility for moving his lips before engaging his brain. For a guy who is so clever with the ball, it is a pity a few stray words have made him look such a plank.
The other loss is that so many otherwise articulate and smart posters on this forum seem to have developed tunnel vision on this question. It does not have to be an "Either George or Pat" outcome. Many of the posts I have read show good insight into the personalities of both men, and their shortcomings. It is surprising that so many people only see it in terms of one or the other going. If it came down to something like an ultimatum, I would miss George's footballing skills and his passion, but not his preciousness. I see no reason whatever for Dolan to leave the club. It would show weakness in the club, and would be a backward step. The guy is the business.
One good thing about this whole sorry saga, IMO, is that the anti-George camp have not been all over this forum gloating at his behaviour. That shows a lot of maturity, IMO.

niamh
24/09/2004, 4:25 PM
He has got this club going in the right direction, and no-one can deny that he has worked wonders on the PR and has improved the squad quite alot(Danny, Doyler, Kearntey).

Of course none of these things has anything to do with anyone else.
Dolan isn't working on his own - he has a very honest and astute chairman backing him and for the first time in years there is an organised back room staff backing efforts on the pitch, which none of the managers have had in recent years.
Dolan is there for results ON the pitch, that's HIS job.

Éanna
24/09/2004, 9:02 PM
i'd hate to think its an either/or situation. hopefully they can sort it out. we need geogre and we need dolan

golly
24/09/2004, 9:08 PM
if george did his talking on d pitch like last season wen he was looking for a new contract maybe this situation could b resolved losing either 1 of em would b a massive blow