PDA

View Full Version : FAI Senior Cup 2013

razor
06/03/2013, 8:39 AM
Four byes and eight ties were drawn in the FAI Ford Senior Cup First Round to decide the 12 teams which go forward and join the 20 Airtricity League clubs in the draw for the Second Round. The 20 teams involved in the First Round are from the intermediate and junior ranks and will include those that reached the last 16 of the FAI Umbro Intermediate Cup and those who reach the semi-finals of the FAI Junior Cup in association with Umbro and Aviva.

Because the quarter-finals of the FAI Junior Cup have not yet been played, and the draw will only take place on RTE Two's MNS programme next Monday night, the match numbers were placed in the draw. The eight teams left in the FAI Junior Cup are: Ballinasloe Town, Ballymun United, Carew Park, Kilbarrack United, Pearse Celtic, Pike Rovers, Sheriff YC and St Kevin's Boys.

The FAI Ford Senior Cup First draw is:

Leixlip United v Winner QF2 FAI Junior Cup
St. Patrick's CY v Winner QF3 FAI Junior Cup
Glenville v Beggsboro
Tolka Rovers v Bangor Celtic
St. Mary's v Phoenix
Everton v Winner QF1 FAI Junior Cup
College Corinthians v Newbridge Town
Parkvilla v Blarney United
Byes: Winner QF4 FAI Junior Cup, Bandon, Bluebell United, Avondale United

Matches to be played week-ending Sunday, March 31.

tricksey
06/03/2013, 1:52 PM
That would be a very interesting game if pearse were qf1 and win the junior game

littlebray
07/03/2013, 1:01 AM
FAI leaving everything to the last minute as usual - JC QF draw 11 March, less than three weeks to play them (including replays if necessary), and FAI Cup 1st round fixtures for 31 March and with 2nd round fixtures weekend of 02 June, you'd have to have a draw latest first week in April, wouldn't you - potentially with replays still in doubt??
Winners still in JC and also in FAIC. Buses, even potentially ovenights away?
How can anyone plan things around that sort of schedule?

razor
12/03/2013, 10:14 AM
Revised Draw

Leixlip United v St Kevins Boys or Sheriff YC
St. Patrick's CY v Carew Park or Pearse Celtic
Glenville v Beggsboro
St. Mary's v Phoenix
Everton v Pike Rovers or Ballymun United
College Corinthians v Newbridge Town
Byes: Ballinasloe Town or Kilbarrack, Bandon, Bluebell United, Avondale United

Matches to be played week-ending Sunday, March 31.

tricksey
12/03/2013, 7:25 PM
Doesn't really give the junior clubs much of a turn around does it

old-head
13/03/2013, 10:24 AM
Doesn't really give the junior clubs much of a turn around does it
From what I can see there is a full week between the FAI junior cup and FAI Cup. Is that not enough?

tricksey
13/03/2013, 1:37 PM
Your club must have plenty of money old head the 3 junior teams are away in the fai senior

old-head
13/03/2013, 2:13 PM
Your club must have plenty of money old head the 3 junior teams are away in the fai senior

Different point to your original which was about the turn around between games. No doubt it can be an expensive time for clubs, having said that sponsors are more likely to come on board. Good luck with both anyway.

tricksey
13/03/2013, 2:38 PM
Should have explained it better that's what I ment with the turn around money wise also

razor
26/03/2013, 1:17 PM
Matches to be played this weekend

Leixlip United v Sheriff YC
St. Patrick's CY v Carew Park
Glenville v Beggsboro
St. Mary's v Phoenix Saturday at 2.30pm
Everton v Pike Rovers Sunday at 2pm
College Corinthians v Newbridge Town Sunday at 2pm

razor
30/03/2013, 4:37 PM
St Marys 0-1 Phoenix

Nedge
30/03/2013, 6:35 PM
Blarney game finished. 1-1

KUFCMan
30/03/2013, 7:36 PM
RESULT

ST Pats CY 3-2 Carew Park

A last minute goal gives CY avictory in an entertaining game in Irishtown today!

razor
31/03/2013, 8:01 PM
Everton 1-3 Pike

NeverFeltBetter
31/03/2013, 8:29 PM
Who'd like Limerick/Pike in the next round?

the hawk
31/03/2013, 8:42 PM
Who'd like Limerick/Pike in the next round?

I would think Corinthians or Avondale would love to draw Pike .Dont see what beating a poor everton team that are struggling in premier division proves for pike .The have to prove it when they meet the big boys like Sheriff,Avondale,Corinthians ,Crumlin

I think most teams outside cork seem to underestimate the the likes of Corinthains and Avondale .For feck sake Avondale have being dominating the intermediate cup for the last 3 years if not more

Same way Sherriff will dominate the Fai junior

razor
31/03/2013, 10:58 PM
Rain played havoc with the fixtures today.
Everton moved their game with Pike to Douglas Hall astro but Corinthians weren't so lucky.
Their game against Newbridge was called off.

sharpshooter
02/04/2013, 10:59 AM
When's the draw for the 2nd round on?

razor
02/04/2013, 2:18 PM
When's the draw for the 2nd round on?No Idea.
but last year it was around the end of April as the 2nd round is usually not played til the end of May.

sharpshooter
02/04/2013, 2:57 PM
No Idea. but last year it was around the end of April as the 2nd round is usually not played til the end of May. Cheers Razor

razor
05/04/2013, 11:48 PM
Blarney - Parkvilla replay at 3pm tomorrow.
Corinthians v Newbridge first game at 3pm tomorrow also.

razor
06/04/2013, 5:30 PM
Blarney 2-1 Parkvilla
Corinthians 1-1 Newbridge both results from today

patrickccfc
29/04/2013, 7:54 PM
City drawn against Kilbarrick united at home.. happy with that

NeverFeltBetter
29/04/2013, 8:00 PM
Glenville away, I'll take it.

Glenbuck
29/04/2013, 9:11 PM
Great draw for Blarney. Home to Derry.

sharpshooter
30/04/2013, 8:43 AM
Delighted with our draw,Shels away

sharpshooter
31/05/2013, 8:15 AM
Best of luck to all cork teams this weekend.

razor
31/05/2013, 9:02 AM
Anyone staying around Cork this weekend should go and support Blarney, playing Derry at 3pm on Saturday.

I read in the Echo that Corinthians are missing 10 fiirst team players for their trip to Tolka Rovers.
Tough time of the year to be trying to field a team.

old-head
31/05/2013, 9:11 AM
Anyone staying around Cork this weekend should go and support Blarney, playing Derry at 3pm on Saturday.

I read in the Echo that Corinthians are missing 10 fiirst team players for their trip to Tolka Rovers.
Ya I saw that aswell. Think 4 or 5 are missing due to college exams and would be able to make the trip tomorrow or Sunday. Apparantly Tolka Rovers won't change the game from tonight to tomorrow afternoon. Bad form really especially when it's two amateur teams against each other. Think they share a pitch with St Pat CY who are home to Cobh this weekend and couldn't move because of this. Surely something should have been arranged though.
Anyway good luck to all the Cork clubs in action this weekend...

Johnnie C
31/05/2013, 4:20 PM
Anyone know if tickets for the Blarney/Derry game will be available to buy at the gate tomorrow ?

old-head
31/05/2013, 4:53 PM
Anyone know if tickets for the Blarney/Derry game will be available to buy at the gate tomorrow ?
Was in Centra in Tower just up the road earlier and I think I saw they are selling tickets....not sure if you can get them on the gate.

centre mid
31/05/2013, 5:07 PM
If thats true that phenomenal for a non-league side.

fifa
31/05/2013, 5:39 PM
I heard its a complete sellout, derry bringing down 2000 apparently so 5000 is maximum capacity out in blarney these days with it being all seater now
Ha ha

Clifford
31/05/2013, 11:51 PM

A 2-2 draw having led 2-1 is an incredible result in that case. Fair play to college

Bandon went down 3-0 to Shels.

Johnnie C
02/06/2013, 6:42 PM
Well done to Blarney on being so organised on match day yesterday, with free parking provided and also a match programme produced for the game. They gave a good account of themselves but Derry's class told in the end.

razor
08/06/2013, 5:06 PM
Cors 0-0 Tolka is a full time, gone to extra time.

Chiefscout
08/06/2013, 5:14 PM
Cors 0-0 Tolka is a full time, gone to extra time.
Cors 1 up.tolka down to 10

Blackandwhite
08/06/2013, 6:19 PM
Cors 1 up.tolka down to 10
Any more updates on corthnians chief

peterpan
08/06/2013, 6:44 PM
Cors win 3-0 aet

el nino coro
09/06/2013, 11:48 AM
Great game in prospect at avondale pk this afternoon with the two best amateur teams going head to head, avondale v Sheriff, hopefully it's a cracker!

razor
09/06/2013, 6:44 PM
Dale 1-2 Sheriff
Wasn't at the game but Sheriff had a pen for first with 20 left.
Caught for a second on the break with 5 left.
Graham with a 25 yarder in stoppage time.

Two cup finals left.

Kearney
10/06/2013, 1:22 AM
Dale 1-2 Sheriff
Wasn't at the game but Sheriff had a pen for first with 20 left.
Caught for a second on the break with 5 left.
Graham with a 25 yarder in stoppage time.

Two cup finals left.

Why post if you weren't there? Caught on the break for second? What planet are you on? Sheriff fully deserved there win today & that's from a cork point of veiw. They were the only team that looked like scoring. They dominated from start to finish bar 1st 10
Minutes. When the dubs got their second they deserved it. Best team won & with that the best amateur team I have ever seen

razor
10/06/2013, 8:50 AM
Why post if you weren't there? Caught on the break for second? What planet are you on? Sheriff fully deserved there win today & that's from a cork point of veiw. They were the only team that looked like scoring. They dominated from start to finish bar 1st 10
Minutes. When the dubs got their second they deserved it. Best team won & with that the best amateur team I have ever seen

I never said Sheriff didn't deserve their win, a fine footballing side and best of luck to them.
They'd hardly have ended Avondales 45 game unbeaten run if they weren't a good side.