PDA

View Full Version : Bray v Shelbourne

Captain2007
04/03/2013, 6:49 PM
What is your starting 11 for the first match...for whats its worth this is what i would like to see :)

Quigley
Webster-D O Connor-Mitchell-Knight
Zambra or Mulroy- K O Connor-Dempsey-Waters
Byrne-ONeill

Roo69
05/03/2013, 10:36 AM
What is your starting 11 for the first match...for whats its worth this is what i would like to see :)

Quigley
Webster-D O Connor-Mitchell-Knight
Zambra or Mulroy- K O Connor-Dempsey-Waters
Byrne-ONeill

There's a few tough decisions to make... I think he could go with 3 in central midfield. O'Neill played right side of midfield against Wexford and his pace was blistering, caused all sorts of problems so he could be an option instead of Zambra, Daire Doyle could also slot in centre mid

Quigley

Webster D O'Connor Mitchell Knight

Zambra K O'Connor Dempsey Waters
Mulroy

Byrne

KK77
06/03/2013, 10:29 AM
Would take a draw out of this myself. I would go 4-1-3-1-1!!!!!!!! No matter what happens we will here the ref a few times this season and Sir Devo telling us we should have won every game we played!!!!!

Ohh i do like to be beside the seaside!!!!!

naoise kennedy
09/03/2013, 12:07 AM
Great start to the new season, early 3 points is always positive.. Daire Doyle ran his socks off in the first half, a bit surprised that he was taken off during second half but i'm sure he was knackered.. Danny o Connor and Kevin Knight also had good performances... I thought Gary Dempsey was playing very high up the field, not his usual position, but this did work well last week against waterford so lets see how it goes.. Well taken goal by Jayo and another great cross and performance by Marty.

Shane o Neill showed his speed again, cant understand how he got booked when he was taken down, looked like last man to me.. We stood back during the last ten minutes and gave shels too many chances... but its only the first game and its 3 points,, well done to all..

Bawnville Hoop
09/03/2013, 2:52 PM
Lads did any of you manage to get a programme last night. I need the squad numbers for Bray, any help would be very much appreciated.

peadar1987
10/03/2013, 5:44 PM
Bray don't generally use squad numbers, just 1-11 for the starters on the night.

Seagull
10/03/2013, 8:33 PM
Lads did any of you manage to get a programme last night. I need the squad numbers for Bray, any help would be very much appreciated.
I got this from braywanderers.ie:
1 Darren Quigley
2 David Webster
3 Kevin Knight
4 Danny O’Connor (c)
5 Adam Mitchell
6 Gary Dempsey
7 Kevin O'Connor
8 Daire Doyle
9 Ismahil Akinade
10 Jason Byrne
11 Kieran Waters
12 Conor Earley
14 Eoin Hyland
15 Shane O'Connor
16 Dean Zambra
17 Paul Moffatt
18 John Mulroy
19 Ger Pender
20 Shane O'Neill
21 Paul Malone
22 Peter Thomas
23 Colm Begley
25 Sean Holmes
28 Sean Hurley
31 Craig Dowling
Danny Joyce is also part of the squad but his number is incorrect on the website.

Bray Head
11/03/2013, 9:23 AM
Bray do have squad numbers- same as all premier division teams are required to have.

KK77
11/03/2013, 10:32 AM
I thought it was fairly tight until the ref sent off the Shels player. Shels as you would expect struggled to make an impact then and we eventually got a good goal. For some unknown reason we then decided to sit back and got lucky that Shels didn't score. Didn't expect a win so great start.

peadar1987
11/03/2013, 10:42 AM
Bray do have squad numbers- same as all premier division teams are required to have.

Right, we never used to, or at least they never corresponded with the shirts the players actually wore. How recent is that?

Seagull
11/03/2013, 4:37 PM
I thought it was fairly tight until the ref sent off the Shels player. Shels as you would expect struggled to make an impact then and we eventually got a good goal. For some unknown reason we then decided to sit back and got lucky that Shels didn't score. Didn't expect a win so great start.

Good call on the 4-1-3-1-1!

Roo69
12/03/2013, 8:09 AM

We didn't play that formation on Friday though...

KK77
12/03/2013, 2:52 PM

Thanks!

Seagull
12/03/2013, 4:06 PM
We didn't play that formation on Friday though...

It looked to me like the 4 at the back with Zambra in front of them, three in the middle with Dempsey playing just behind Jay...