Pablo
22/09/2004, 4:28 PM
October
1st Shamrock Rovers Home
8th Longford Town Home
15th Waterford United Away
22nd St. Patrick’s Athletic Home
29th Shelbourne Away

plus the Drogs home fixture means we have 4 home and two big away matches so the next 6 games after CHF on Thursday might get us back with a shot of 2nd or 3rd? :confused:

Pablo
22/09/2004, 4:30 PM
November
5th Derry City Home
12th Drogheda United Away
19th Bohemians Home

if we can find a bit of form.........we might just do it by the Bohs game. fingers crossed :(

Pablo
22/09/2004, 4:56 PM
There is a cloud hanging over the home game against Longford on October 8th. Ireland U-21 play in France that same night meaning Doyle and Kearney will be away and the game could be postponed again like the Drogheda game. Does the decision lie with Cork City??

its off so i'd say. maybe they'll play it the following monday if they are to follow recent trends of monday games

Pablo
22/09/2004, 5:01 PM
3 points tomorrow and a good performance wouls help! Georgie for a hat trick!

thecorner
22/09/2004, 5:19 PM
there is a bank holiday 25th october

no doubt the eircom league hasnt coped onto this

Éanna
22/09/2004, 5:24 PM
anything less than 10 points from those 5 games would be unacceptable IMO.

DolansWaistcoat
22/09/2004, 6:01 PM
anything less than 10 points from those 5 games would be unacceptable IMO.

Hmmm,2 points per game,we should go back to the aul days of 2 points per win then we'd be laughin. :D ;)

The reaction of the crowd(if anybody turns up) when we play at home again will be a major factor.The pressure on Dolan is growing every game and unless the results get better the shouts for his head will only get louder. :(

Éanna
22/09/2004, 6:08 PM
The reaction of the crowd(if anybody turns up) when we play at home again will be a major factor.The pressure on Dolan is growing every game and unless the results get better the shouts for his head will only get louder. :(
too early to shout for his head, but I'm feeling fairly critical myself. The players have to start really fighting for their places now and show a hell of a lot more comittment. Dolan shouldn't be the only one under pressure. The way I look at it, alot of us spent a lot of money to follow these guys across Europe and around Ireland and the least we should get in return is effort.

DolansWaistcoat
22/09/2004, 6:22 PM
too early to shout for his head, but I'm feeling fairly critical myself. The players have to start really fighting for their places now and show a hell of a lot more comittment. Dolan shouldn't be the only one under pressure. The way I look at it, alot of us spent a lot of money to follow these guys across Europe and around Ireland and the least we should get in return is effort.

Your dead right the players must take some responsibility for our displays too,they are representing the rebel army on the field and should know this.

I'm not one of the ppl shouting for Pat's head but I know a good few fans who are starting to turn against the big fella.You know the City fans fickle as feck and they go along like sheep(a good few of them anyway).

Éanna
22/09/2004, 6:35 PM
I'm not one of the ppl shouting for Pat's head but I know a good few fans who are starting to turn against the big fella.You know the City fans fickle as feck and they go along like sheep(a good few of them anyway).
thats spot on. look at the mountfield situation- he got booted out because he was trying to professionalise the club and some people didn't like it. I think the situation is better this time and very different, but there are a few similarities. Its down to the players in the end- do they want to play for city or not?

TheJamaicanP.M.
22/09/2004, 6:42 PM
I can't believe that some fans are turning against Pat Dolan. The man is a legend. He is a larger than life character that we would love to have at Longford. Over the past decade he has done more for the LOI than any other manager. He brought Cork to the quarter final of a European club competition just a few months ago. Anyone who wants him out should be ashamed of themself.

Éanna
22/09/2004, 6:54 PM
Anyone who wants him out should be ashamed of themself.
why? the guy is a legend, and he did all you say, but its results that matter. People are entitled to their view- I happen to think they're jumping the gun and are over-reacting but they are entitled to their opinion and don't need to be ashamed of themselves.

niamh
22/09/2004, 7:13 PM
I never thought Dolan was the right man for the job and I still don't.
City have played more ****e than good football under him. We've had player squabbles, being left in the dark over injuries and putting up with his eccentric behaviour for which people call him a "character".

I however will be a City fan long after he and the players who'd "die for the club" are gone.

yiddo
22/09/2004, 9:28 PM
Dolan,s first job is to get results on the pitch. If he fails in this he will be correctly judged a failure. All the off field activities are secondary to this. Sure the sponsorships are great and important to the club. But if youre winning trophies these will come anyway. I think Dolan should take a vow of silence and spare us all the rebel army, proud of my players stuff for the rest of the season and concentrate on turning things around on pitch.

Fair_play_boy
22/09/2004, 10:30 PM
All the off field activities are secondary to this (getting results on the pitch). Yiddo, you would swear from your post that the so-called "off field activities" were some kind of sideline (no pun intended) that football managers take on to do. Did it ever occur to you that every football manager earns the bulk of his pay for doing the things behind the scenes that are necessary to maintain and develop the club and the team's performance? :rolleyes:

Gary
22/09/2004, 10:48 PM
I think he was referring to the clubs PR/Marketing etc, something which the manager should look at being very low in his list of priorities.

If he can do it without it affecting his managing - great, but no if it affects the team.

ccfc4ever
22/09/2004, 11:29 PM
:ball: thats if george gets his game!

Colm
22/09/2004, 11:47 PM
Anyone who wants him out should be ashamed of themself.

Spot on.
However, I don't think there are actually any fans who want him out. A few people are a bit p!ssed off but a couple of wins and they'll all think he's hero again, you know how it goes.

The only reason anyone could possibly be a little p!ssed off with him is over the Georgie situation but I'm sure that Dolan will again use his experience to resolve this situation.

razor
23/09/2004, 7:37 AM
Spot on.
However, I don't think there are actually any fans who want him out. A few people are a bit p!ssed off but a couple of wins and they'll all think he's hero again, you know how it goes.

A few wins ? I'm not so sure.
And then again maybe there are quite a few fans that want him out, people are entitled to their opinion as Eanna said.
I for one have always been sceptical of Dolans motives and abillity.
I have been prepared to give the man a few seasons though and see how he fares but over half way through his contract and on the pitch there is no real marked improvement. He won't be going anywhere before the end of this season anyway so we might as well dig in and bear it for the remainder and hope for some bit of (extra)effort from the players.

niamh
23/09/2004, 1:03 PM
Ask the big question then.
How many people would want Pat's contract extended?
He's half-way through as mentioned, what about the future?

goodmorning
23/09/2004, 5:13 PM
I've read all your posts guys and agree with most of em. We have played some s***e under dolan in the last couple of seasons. And ok, the off feild activities are goin well. But enough of this rebel army rubbish(whoever came up with that one should be shot) and let's start gettin results right on the feild. Even when Murphy was the manager The Cross was a fortress. But teams like Waterford are comin and showin the side no respect and turning us over. Dolan has some fantastic players at his disposal ad there isn't a team in the country that should be able to touch us(even shels). Stop givin us all this c**p about professional this,that and the other. The football is still as boring as paint dryin and until he gets some fire in there bellies and plays players like Greg ang George then it'll stay like that. Oh and thecall for George for captain. Not bad. When that boy plays well he gives the teamsomethin different, and that can inspire just as much as a slow centre half with a big mouth.

jofyisgod
23/09/2004, 5:24 PM
But enough of this rebel army rubbish(whoever came up with that one should be shot)

You mightn't like it, but its hardly rubbish! It's a great marketing tool for our growing club, and has provided the best chant in the eL! Many home fans on away trips comment on the 'rebel army' chant, and it is very popular among city fans, though obviously not yourself.

To be honest, i couldn't give a fúck if the football is boring!If we win, it's the same, my qualms arise when we are not winning as of late.

Dolan has some fantastic players at his disposal ad there isn't a team in the country that should be able to touch us(even shels).

Rubbish. $h€l$ have a much superior squad to ours. Theya have internationals like Moore on the bench, we have Denis Behan. They are well ahead of us, and Pat has a very good squad at his disposal, yes, but not, as you say, a fantastic one. We have very few great players, but a lot of potential. A few more signings of top quality and i think we will be in a position to genuinely challenge.

Let Pat finish the job he started...

Fair_play_boy
23/09/2004, 6:21 PM
I think he was referring to the clubs PR/Marketing etc, something which the manager should look at being very low in his list of priorities.

If he can do it without it affecting his managing - great, but no if it affects the team.OK. Fair enough point . . .

Éanna
24/09/2004, 9:46 PM
Dolan has some fantastic players at his disposal ad there isn't a team in the country that should be able to touch us(even shels).
total crap. shels are miles better than us. it kills me to say it, but max 3 or 4 of our best 11 would get into the shels team. things are being sorted out off the pitch and thats the basis for getting it right on the pitch. the club are sorting training facilities etc and that will put us in pole position to win things. as for extending dolan's contract- I think this time next season is the time to talk about that. he said he wanted 3 years to do the job- he should get it unless things get worse. i don't buy the suggestion that we've gone backwards- at worst we've stood still while shels, bohs and drogs have moved forward. lets see what happens over the close-season

Neil
25/09/2004, 9:39 AM
at worst we've stood still while shels, bohs and drogs have moved forward. lets see what happens over the close-season
Shels have moved forward fair enough.
Bohs backwards.
Don´t mind Drogheda.