PDA

View Full Version : Salthill away

outspoken
02/03/2013, 8:11 PM
And so it begins!

Salthill have 4 players suspended for Friday including star man Enda Curran thats a huge advantage for us!

Haverty out for us meaning we're stuck for a natural RB and Mick Lee a doubt.

Still Confident for this one 4-2 Longford

Martinho II
03/03/2013, 6:42 PM
I would be confident too. A few of us mentioned during the bray game that first team lineout from the start could be playing against Salthill. The more I see of David O'Sullivan the more impressed I get and I would tip him to score on his debut.

Cabs88
04/03/2013, 9:22 PM
Looking forward to this one, Salthill have been somewhat of a bogey team for us, but we now have genuine pace in our team which we havnt had in the last few years. Would expect us to play with two out and out wide men and Salmo and Gillespie sitting back.. I think there will be goals, and a very optimistic 3-1 win!

Bosco
08/03/2013, 8:45 PM
What a dream start!!

Longfordian
08/03/2013, 8:47 PM
Can't argue with that. Hat trick from O'Sullivan, this lad looks dynamite. Lovely for young O'Hanlon to come on and make one and score one at 17 years old. Another one who looks a player on first look.

Acornvilla
08/03/2013, 9:37 PM
Useless, I wanted at least 7-0!

Keen2win
08/03/2013, 10:05 PM
O'Hanlon? A youth player for the Town?

Longfordian
08/03/2013, 10:09 PM
Not quite. 17 yr old lad signed from St Kevin's Boys. Great potential by all accounts.

NeverFeltBetter
08/03/2013, 10:12 PM
Were Longford that on fire or were Salthill especially poor?

Longfordian
08/03/2013, 10:41 PM
Chances are it was somewhere in between. Best not to get too worked up about it either way. (For other non committal and bland comments on things I know little about I'm available via PM)

Town Legend
09/03/2013, 12:09 AM
We were in control early on and got the early goal. Purdy had two chances before he actually scored! Then not long after we scored we started with the long ball again and let Salthill back into the game although they never really threatened. second half we came out with all guns blazing. O'Sullivan looks like he'll score a few goals which cost us last season. O'Hanlon looks like another great signing. For 17 he's a strong looking player who can play ball and score! Treacy and Tyrell in the full back positions played well especially Tyrell who was excellent throughout. Micky Lee could have a battle on his hands getting the left full position back. Quinn was a real threat down the left before having to go off injured, hopefully both his and Shaw's injuries aren't too serious.

All in all was a good performance but we have to remember it was Salthill who were missing 4 players but as they say you can only beat the team in front of you which we did with ease. Next week will tell us a lot more!

Bring it on!!

outspoken
09/03/2013, 10:26 AM
We can't get too far ahead of ourselves because Salthill really are poor but When we actually got it down and played on what the best pitch I've seen in the LOI we were quality. There is a great mixture of height and pace in the team and that was seen in the 3rd goal when Tyrell won a great header to send Sullivan racing down the wing before he set up Hanlon. That partnership especially is pure pace.

Keith Quinn ran the game before going off so hopefully he's alright.

McDonahh and McCartht were superb as was Traecy And Tyrell I can't wait for the next game now!

Pendil
09/03/2013, 12:28 PM
Shaw's injury not too serious but unfortunately Quinn loking at a couple of months with a broken arm.

Town Legend
09/03/2013, 1:02 PM
That's not good. Quinn really impressed me while he lasted, but he was holding the arm ever since that challenge he put in on then Salthill centre back. Lets hope Etanda can step up to the plate!!

fitzpatrick10
09/03/2013, 1:09 PM
injuries already, just what we didnt need !

Bosco
09/03/2013, 3:24 PM
That's bad news about Quinn. It said on twitter that he was lucky not to get sent off for the challenge he injured himself from?Is that true?Certainly living up to his reputation anyway..

De Town
09/03/2013, 3:42 PM
He may have gotten a shove in the back that made him fly into the tackle but he was well over the ball and quite reckless. I was fairly sure at the time that the ref was going to send him off. What probably saved him from getting a red card was the fact that a Salthill player only got a yellow card for quite a similar challenge on Shaw about 10 minutes earlier.

Town Legend
09/03/2013, 4:05 PM
It was a fairly heavy challenge alright. I was over the far side from it so I couldn't say for definite if it was a sending off or not but from the calls of the Town bench and players they said the first defender he rounded pushed him into the challenge.....but that could of been trying to convince the ref that a yellow was all it was!!

outspoken
10/03/2013, 9:38 AM
Tbf to Quinn he made a fantastic run and burst into the penalty area before just slightly over running it and in pure determination to win the ball he lunged in to try and win it but it was a foul and no doubt a yellow card but if that is true about his arm it's awful as he was running the game from the left hand side, constantly coming in and controlling the midfield. Big blow but hopefully he will come back at a crucial stage and give us a boost.

Martinho II
10/03/2013, 3:57 PM
Davy O'Sullivan was the first Town player in five years since Darren MCKenna to score a hattrick on his debut since the 5-1 win against Fingal. I would exercise caution as Salthill were without a lot of players. Remember Sporting Fingal anyone? But I was impressed with our attacking effort. There is a lot of goals in us this season and defensively I think we are better than last season. Willie Tyrell was impressive for us and Brian Mac had a super game for us and I can see why he got in the team of the year last season.

fitzpatrick10
10/03/2013, 4:24 PM
how long are shaw and quinn out for ?

L.T.F.C.
10/03/2013, 5:56 PM
I'd say Shaw will be grand, Quinn broke his arm.

outspoken
10/03/2013, 7:49 PM
Shaw won't be out for more than a week or two I'm told. Slight ligament damage in his shoulder from an awkward fall.