PDA

View Full Version : Macken scores twice...

TerryPhelan
22/09/2004, 7:55 AM
... and The Mighty Clint knocks one in for good measure as well. Fair enough, the opposition was Burnley and Lincoln City BUT given the steady flow of bad news about the boys in Green of late (Mattie H definitely out of Paris game, and The Boy is due to appear in Trafford court on Thursday to face charges of assault and criminal damage on that 16 year old), any good news is good news... :rolleyes:

Colm55
22/09/2004, 8:07 AM
.......Willo Flood got his name on the score sheet as did Aiden MacGeady...

eirebhoy
22/09/2004, 12:14 PM
.......Willo Flood got his name on the score sheet as did Aiden MacGeady...
...and Elliott. Barry Conlon scored Barnsley's only goal against Man City if anyone cares.

bitored
22/09/2004, 12:15 PM
....and Nick Colgan let 7 past him :eek:

John83
22/09/2004, 1:42 PM
....and Nick Colgan let 7 past him :eek::eek: He has to be waaay down the pecking order now. In the 2nd division and doing $hit€.

drinkfeckarse
22/09/2004, 3:57 PM
Was never up to it anyway although I know we haven't too many options in the keeper department.
Please God we never have to call upon his talents :eek:

Seamusomick
22/09/2004, 6:37 PM
Not a fair comment on Nicky Colgan. he's done alright when called upon in the past. before you deride his ability as a goal keeper take a look at the defence protecting him - hardly world class!
I seem to remember him playing for Ireland a while back and he did fine. Admittedly he probably is down the pecking order now, behind Paddy Kenny anyway, but don't assume that one bad night in Carling Cup ( or what ever it is this week ) makes him a crap keeper. Ok, end of rant.

TheJamaicanP.M.
22/09/2004, 6:46 PM
Not a fair comment on Nicky Colgan. he's done alright when called upon in the past. before you deride his ability as a goal keeper take a look at the defence protecting him - hardly world class!
I seem to remember him playing for Ireland a while back and he did fine. Admittedly he probably is down the pecking order now, behind Paddy Kenny anyway, but don't assume that one bad night in Carling Cup ( or what ever it is this week ) makes him a crap keeper. Ok, end of rant.

Yea that's very true. He has never let Ireland down when called upon. Remember Shay Given was third choice 'keeper at the start of the last WC qualifiers. Things soon changed. Football is a funny old game.

Fr. Murphy
23/09/2004, 12:57 PM
In all fairness Colgan should be out of the Ireland team altogether. With Given firmly numero uno and Paddy kenny number two, Colgan's not going to go near the goal. I think we should be looking at stack at Millwall. He's one for the future. He's kept a few clean sheets this season and playing at a higher standard than colgan.

Peadar
23/09/2004, 1:05 PM
I think we should be looking at stack at Millwall. He's one for the future. He's kept a few clean sheets this season and playing at a higher standard than colgan.

UEFA Cup action and was unlucky with that free-kick.
He's a good keeper and Arsenal are very careful who they loan their players to. They ensure their players get good experience.

Stuttgart88
23/09/2004, 1:34 PM
Stack definitely has to be our no. 3 keeper. He’s been keeping clean sheets all season and is playing at a higher level than Barnsley. He’s probably on better form than Paddy Kenny too.

Stack is also very young with his best years ahead of him while Colgan is a 31 year-old journeyman who couldn’t even get a game a Stockport last year.

Just having Stack in the senior squad will be good experience for him. Looks like he’s in a bit of trouble with the law though on what sounds like a more serious charge than Roy Keane’s.

drummerboy
23/09/2004, 2:05 PM
I'm afraid Nicky Colgan is just not international standard. He has been passed by Kenny and Stack. After that I think it would far more beneficial to include a young keeper like Joe Murphy who is having a rough time at WBA.

drinkfeckarse
23/09/2004, 3:25 PM

I seem to remember him having plenty of bad nights for Hibs too and he didn't start the season too well for Barnsley either, I wasn't just on about last night.
Remember this is a keeper who went on loan to Stockport County last year and lost his place very rapidly in the team!
Just not up to, nothing personal like ;)

Thomo
24/09/2004, 12:43 AM
in fairness to colgan, if anyone remembers the nigeria game, unforunately, ha was the only player who semed to turn up, none of the 3 goals were his fault and we would have concede more was it not for him efforts.