http://www.sportsfile.com/id/068536/
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/068550/

Looks interesting :)

NeverFeltBetter
26/02/2013, 4:53 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/brighton-see-red-with-ref-26081836.html

Bosco
26/02/2013, 5:06 PM
"sparked off by a high tackle on Alan Reynolds" is the bit that stands out there....I'm sure Reynolds was totally innocent...

Longfordian
26/02/2013, 5:07 PM
Those were the days. A running battle ensued all the way back to the dressing rooms by all accounts. I highly doubt Alan Murphy and Alan Reynolds were innocent parties!

Edit: Ha, snap Bosco.

Bosco
26/02/2013, 5:10 PM
Ha I missed the bit about Spud......another completely innocent party no doubt..

Keen2win
26/02/2013, 5:38 PM
I've spent a good part of today looking through all the old photos on sportsfile and inpho, some gems to be found...

Martinho II
26/02/2013, 6:58 PM
brings back memories and mickey adams never came back to Longford!

Town Legend
26/02/2013, 11:15 PM
Apparently the smell of drink off Adams was outrageous!! I remember that game well, some laugh looking at the game of chase taking place out in Flancare Park RIP.

Keen2win
27/02/2013, 5:48 PM
Just when we are looking back...

We played Galway in the FAI cup semi final in 2003 in Longford. I think it was shown on tv.

Anyone have any idea if it would be possible to get my hands on it? I am fairly sure I was stood behind a Galway player when he was being interviewed after the game :)

Very interested to know what messing a 10 year old Keen2win was getting up to!

Bosco
27/02/2013, 5:56 PM
It was shown on Tv yeah, think I can be seen dancing like a ****** to Zombie Nation behind a flare in the stand after the game...maybe its best it doesn't resurface...

Keen2win
27/02/2013, 6:17 PM
It was shown on Tv yeah, think I can be seen dancing like a ****** to Zombie Nation behind a flare in the stand after the game...maybe its best it doesn't resurface...

Really want to see it now!

L.T.F.C.
27/02/2013, 6:32 PM
The only footage I know of are the videos I put up on YouTube.

Town Legend
27/02/2013, 7:00 PM
Oh I remember that Zombie Nation was belted out quite a few times around then....and to my memory whenever we played it we won the match. I think we'll have to get that tune belting out in the near future!! It might bring back a bit of luck to us!!

Bosco
27/02/2013, 7:43 PM
Yeah they used to always play it after we scored...I usually hate music being played during a match but I kinda liked zombie nation....used to be great with the whole ground singing and clapping along to it..

Macy
01/03/2013, 8:20 AM
brings back memories and mickey adams never came back to Longford!
They were arses that day. There was nothing in most of the challenges that they were being knobs about. More to do with us competing and showing up the tesco carrier bag wearing idiots. Only the stand was open that day, which compounded problems...

sorbothegreek
01/03/2013, 8:57 AM
What actually happened that day was a total misunderstanding brought about by lime poisoning.

Both sides mistakenly thought the other were acting the ‘Billy big-baws’. So emboldened by proceedings, both initiated pre game retribution strategies.
Events momentously seesawed over and back, with neither fully gaining the upper hand in teaching the other a lesson. Until it fell on one of our brave solders to bite one of the invading Tescoites. Once the first bite went in, everyone felt it was best to protect their own and the best form of defence is always attack attack attack.

Later on many pints were had in the Longford Arms..

Longfordian
01/03/2013, 9:30 AM
Bunch of funboys.

Macy
01/03/2013, 10:33 AM
What actually happened that day was a total misunderstanding brought about by lime poisoning.

Both sides mistakenly thought the other were acting the ‘Billy big-baws’. So emboldened by proceedings, both initiated pre game retribution strategies.
Events momentously seesawed over and back, with neither fully gaining the upper hand in teaching the other a lesson. Until it fell on one of our brave solders to bite one of the invading Tescoites. Once the first bite went in, everyone felt it was best to protect their own and the best form of defence is always attack attack attack.

Later on many pints were had in the Longford Arms..
What a load of rubbish - Valentines beer garden was where the pints were had iirc.

sorbothegreek
01/03/2013, 2:34 PM
What a load of rubbish - Valentines beer garden was where the pints were had iirc.

If you can recall man................

Longfordian
01/03/2013, 4:25 PM
Anyone got any pictures of that peculiar fellow who infiltrated the team line up v Waterford in the 2001 semi? I don't mean Notaro either.

sorbothegreek
02/03/2013, 9:31 AM
He was probably some fly by night, not seen since relegation. It would be a little embarrassing for the club if he was still floating round in any capacity..

RiffRaff
02/03/2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwjJhwxXu7k
Just when we are looking back...

We played Galway in the FAI cup semi final in 2003 in Longford. I think it was shown on tv.

Anyone have any idea if it would be possible to get my hands on it? I am fairly sure I was stood behind a Galway player when he was being interviewed after the game :)

Very interested to know what messing a 10 year old Keen2win was getting up to!

Cant imagine Rooney or Tevez having an interview like this!

Keen2win
02/03/2013, 1:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwjJhwxXu7k

Cant imagine Rooney or Tevez having an interview like this!

You absolute legend, so happy with that, it's just how I remembered :D

Brilliant!!! Knew I remembered him falling on top of me, haha

Martinho II
02/03/2013, 5:32 PM
Fortune was such a pro you swear he was a bouncer which I think he was!