PDA

View Full Version : Irish cross channel in the league Cups

tiktok
21/09/2004, 8:56 PM
Clinton Morrison scored for Birmingham as they won 3-1
Macken (2) and Flood scored for Manchester City as they won 7-1
McGeady scored for Celtic as they won 8-1

Especially good to see Flood get a run out and score. Here's hoping Keegan takes a bit more notice.

Superhoops
21/09/2004, 9:11 PM
Stephen Elliott scores again! getting the winner in extra time for Sunderland.

This boy is 'hot' and hopefully will spur Robbie Keane into action for Ireland.

Elliott must now have earned a call up to the senior squad.

Slash/ED
21/09/2004, 9:21 PM
I doubt it, Kerr seems very very conservative when it comes to giving youngsters a chance.

gspain
21/09/2004, 9:29 PM
Stephen Elliott scores again! getting the winner in extra time for Sunderland.

This boy is 'hot' and hopefully will spur Robbie Keane into action for Ireland.

Elliott must now have earned a call up to the senior squad.

Elliott did score but not the winner - Crewe won on pens after Sean Thornton missed along with another Sunderland player.

Worth a look in a friendly - has another chance to impress in Troyes with the U21s. Great poacher and finisher from what I've seen but will need to get back into the premiership to really impress.

Superhoops
21/09/2004, 10:12 PM
I doubt it, Kerr seems very very conservative when it comes to giving youngsters a chance.

Dont know why, most of them have played for him at some stage. During the last 12 months he has brought Miller, Reid and Barrett in, he gave McGeady and Martin Rowlands a run in the summer and brought John Thompson into the senior squad.

Also, I am sure Elliott is a product of Belvedere in Dublin, Kerr's own club.

Superhoops
21/09/2004, 10:23 PM
Elliott did score but not the winner - Crewe won on pens after Sean Thornton missed along with another Sunderland player.

Sorry.. :o .. I am sure Radio 5 reported it was the winner (but I was listening to Radio 5, watching footie on Sky and reading here at the same time!...must concentrate in future!)

Whether it was the winner or not, it was still another goal, extending his hot streak.

eirebhoy
21/09/2004, 11:34 PM
Dont know why, most of them have played for him at some stage. During the last 12 months he has brought Miller, Reid and Barrett in, he gave McGeady and Martin Rowlands a run in the summer and brought John Thompson into the senior squad.
He also gave debut's to Lee, Quinn, Kenny, Douglas, Doyle, Clarke, Macken and Murphy but what do those 14 players have in common? They all made their debut's in friendlies. Kerr is not going to give a player his debut in a competitive match. Also, I wouldn't call Elliott up unless he's going to play as the U21's need him.

Éanna
21/09/2004, 11:58 PM
Clinton Morrison scored for Birmingham as they won 3-1
Macken (2) and Flood scored for Manchester City as they won 7-1

Especially good to see Flood get a run out and score. Here's hoping Keegan takes a bit more notice.
two english fellows, a scot and a jackeen- our nation is in good hands :rolleyes:

bitored
22/09/2004, 12:16 PM

Anybody know what McGeady's proper position is? Attacking midfielder, winger or centre forward??

Slash/ED
22/09/2004, 2:25 PM
Crewe won on pens after Sean Thornton missed along with another Sunderland player.

Are you sure Thornton missed? I'd heard he scored his.

ken foree
22/09/2004, 2:30 PM
Are you sure Thornton missed? I'd heard he scored his.

safc.com has thornton scoring a peno as well as elliott. thornton -according to soccernet- also went close twice in extra time before hitting a thumping drive against the bar

eirebhoy
22/09/2004, 2:33 PM
Anybody know what McGeady's proper position is? Attacking midfielder, winger or centre forward??
In order:

1. Attacking Midfielder (in the hole)
2. Winger
5. Centre forward (he can play there but only produces a shadow of his usual self)

Thornton scored his peno but Liam Lawrence missed.

bitored
22/09/2004, 9:42 PM
Keane scored for Spurs tonight, Doyle for Coventry and O'Connor for Bournemouth

eirebhoy
22/09/2004, 10:47 PM
Whelan sent off for Sheffield Wedensday.