PDA

View Full Version : (Pat Dolan's) REBEL ARMY Chant

Mine'sABulmers
21/09/2004, 8:21 PM
On a positive note for a change this week, as has been commented previously,the Rebel Army chant again at the Bohs match was a great showcase for Eircom League Football. I hope it came accross well on the tv.
I myself only got my voice back on the Thursday before the match from the previous weekend's hurling shenanigans, when it was gone again as I roared "PAT DOLAN'S" as good as I shout "FORE" at the golf course.
As a "exile", I always enjoy that chant at the away games. Works up a mighty thirst too. :) :)

Imagine something similiar for 20 minutes or so by 5,000+ people at an Ireland match. I think something similiar to the Rebel Army chant is exactly what Brian Kerr is looking for to create that cauldron atmosphere at the home games.

"F A I's ..... Barmy :confused: Army" or some **** like that

A face
21/09/2004, 8:32 PM
"F A I's ..... Barmy :confused: Army" or some **** like that

Well not that one anyway but yeah ... agreed !!

I's say slot this into National Team forum and get a few suggestions !!

Éanna
21/09/2004, 8:41 PM
brian kerr's green and white army was sung a few times wasn't it?

Dr.Nightdub
21/09/2004, 8:48 PM
So was "Silent Night" cos of the lack of response from the rest of Lansdowne. You could hear it clearly on the telly.

MariborKev
22/09/2004, 12:50 AM
Aye- we were right beside the Rovers crowd when that started, oh how I laughed :D

Peadar
22/09/2004, 8:46 AM
brian kerr's green and white army was sung a few times wasn't it?

At every game since the eL Fans thing started.
It's too complicated for the rest of the people in the ground to understand and join in though. Think we should get the words printed on big green cards :rolleyes:

colmans1
22/09/2004, 9:30 AM
nantes contacted city and asks if they could speak to george.city said no and never told hm about their interest.george got wind of this and that is why he did what any other player would do!!!!will city ever learn-(i guess not)

thecorner
22/09/2004, 9:39 AM
nantes contacted city and asks if they could speak to george.city said no and never told hm about their interest.george got wind of this and that is why he did what any other player would do!!!!will city ever learn-(i guess not)

why is this in the section about pat dolans rebel army chant...did u not see the rest of the topics about the recent trouble

Peadar
22/09/2004, 10:00 AM
...did u not see the rest of the topics about the recent trouble

Looks like a wind-up merchant from Cobh.
Ignore him.