PDA

View Full Version : 11 a side get it VERY wrong.....

patsh
21/09/2004, 5:18 PM
Murray sounds rallying call

September 21, 2004

Cork City captain Dan Murray has admitted that the club’s recent run of results has not been good enough but the defender has vowed that the players will do their utmost to win all their remaining matches.

The Leesiders are in turmoil at the moment as manager Pat Dolan is reported to be feuding with a number of the players including striker George O’Callaghan, who publicly stated that he regretted signing a new contract with the club.

Following an impressive run in the Uefa Cup that was halted by French side Nice, two months ago, City’s form in the eircom Premier Division has slumped and Murray stressed that the club were determined to do something about their form.

"We are more disappointed than anybody at our recent run of form and will be giving our all to try to win every game between now and the end of the season," said Murray.

City have only managed to pick up eight points from their last eight outings tha meeting of the players and management team being held last night. Chairman Brian Lennox revealed that the discussion had gone very well.

I know that there have been a lot of rumours going around but we had a meeting which was positive and I believe Pat and I have a good relationship," said Lennox.

eoinh
21/09/2004, 6:29 PM
Actually as it was 11-a-side they didnt get it very wrong! They usually just copy things, so it was somebody else who got it very wrong!

GavinZac
21/09/2004, 7:42 PM
ffs its only one word missing.... UEFA "intertoto" Cup... whats the big deal?

GavinZac
21/09/2004, 7:46 PM
hh ok. thats as bad as ken o'c then...