PDA

View Full Version : Mondays Echo

yiddo
20/09/2004, 2:05 PM
In tonights Echo in a piece entitled "Dolan to meet players" Noel Spillane mentions that a supporter "burst into the dressing room" after Fridays game and "confronted Pat Dolan".
read the full piece at www.eecho.ie (http://www.eecho.ie)
Anyone know if this is true ? And if it is true why Spillane never mentioned this incident in Saturdays Echo or on the Big Red Bench over the weekend ?

Colm
20/09/2004, 2:12 PM
Well I certainly didn't see it or hear anything about it and I was at the game. There was no mention of it from any other fans at the game, Dolan didn't mention it on the BRB, Spillane didn't even mention it himself on the BRB.
I'm confident it never happened and that Spillane is making up more bullsh!t. I'm telling ye lads Spillane is doing his very best to try to undermine Dolan's position.

thecorner
20/09/2004, 2:15 PM
just read it there...do city really need their sponsorship or are they pumping in so much money that they cant.
i,for one would love to see the club get rid of this rag

tiktok
20/09/2004, 2:27 PM
No-one stormed into the dressing room. :rolleyes:

One or two fans who were in the bar spoke with Dolan 20-30 minutes after the game as he was waiting to leave, but there was nothing 'storming about it' just the comments that it was 'disappointing' and 'not good enough'. In fairness, he took the comments well and apologised to the fans that had made the trip.

Spillane is bullsh!tting.

Colm
20/09/2004, 3:03 PM
Talk of him trying to undermine Dolan is unfair in my opinion.

Ok maybe I'm being a it harsh there but basically the point I'm trying to convey is that not once in Liam Murphy's entire reign did Spillane print a critical article or question any of his decisions or anything, he has already done so with Dolan. Murphy was one of the old boys who Spillane knew for years but Dolan hasn't been around that long and is more that willing to question and critisise Spillane from time to time. Dolan pretty much said it yesterday that he doesn't get along with Spillane and I just think that Spillane would prefer if Dolan wasn't at the club and he could do what he likes.
I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Anyway, back on topic. None of the fans stormed into the dressing room or even said anything bad to Dolan on his way off the pitch.

yiddo
20/09/2004, 3:05 PM
Bang on there Rebel. Spillane is not the root cause of the problems at City but of course he's going to make the most of any chaos for his own ends

thecorner
20/09/2004, 3:12 PM
ur right spillane isnt the root of our problem but that doesnt stop us from calling him a fcuking tosser

we all knew what he was like but for one second,did we even think that he would stoop this low

hes really showing his true colours now

boycott a la england international team and stop players from talking to the press

Colm
20/09/2004, 3:18 PM
ur right spillane isnt the root of our problem but that doesnt stop us from calling him a fcuking tosser

we all knew what he was like but for one second,did we even think that he would stoop this low

hes really showing his true colours now

Yeah, he dragging down the name of the all the fans who travelled to the game on Friday. ALL the fans who were there on Friday would support the team and club to the end and would never dream of bursting into the dressing room when the manager is trying to give a teamtalk.

I wonder is it merely a coincidence that Spillane prints this about the fans just the day following quite a number of fans sent texts to the BRB giving out about him?!

joeSoap
20/09/2004, 3:20 PM
No-one stormed into the dressing room. :rolleyes:

One or two fans who were in the bar spoke with Dolan 20-30 minutes after the game as he was waiting to leave, but there was nothing 'storming about it' just the comments that it was 'disappointing' and 'not good enough'. In fairness, he took the comments well and apologised to the fans that had made the trip.

Spillane is bullsh!tting.
A 'fan' did try to burst into the dressing room after the game, but Pat Dolan wasn't there at the time, and was he ejected by Noel O'Connor.

thecorner
20/09/2004, 3:23 PM
A 'fan' did try to burst into the dressing room after the game, but Pat Dolan wasn't there at the time, and was he ejected by Noel O'Connor.

how the fcuk do u know this

for starters its fairly hard to get past the bohs stewards up there

gael353
20/09/2004, 3:36 PM
Its a limerick thing mate, we go where knowone else goes :)

thecorner
20/09/2004, 3:41 PM
Its a limerick thing mate, we go where knowone else goes :)

ya..into peoples backs is it :rolleyes: ;)

gael353
20/09/2004, 3:47 PM
if it was one is lost on me! joe soap has an inside track on both cork and limerick camps so he knows whats going on.

SSS
20/09/2004, 6:29 PM
how the fcuk do u know this

Are you the solicitor for the message board - you asked for "proof" already on some other thread and now this - maybe some posters knows some things that most of us don't. Some posters here have inside tracks of varying degrees and post information - it is not always possible to have sworn statements and photos when such info is being shared.
God knows, we're not going to get much official info from the club.

As for Spillane only printing good stuff during pre-Dolan and bad stuff now - plenty on here were complaining then about the lack of negative viewpoints, he couldn't win if he tried. The only clear error Spillane has made seems to be implying that Flynny's views were expressed again this weekend, not a few months ago.

thecorner
20/09/2004, 9:16 PM
Are you the solicitor for the message board

eh no

but im entitled to ask a fcuking question so climb back on your fcuking high horse :rolleyes:

City Hero
20/09/2004, 9:55 PM
The only clear error Spillane has made seems to be implying that Flynny's views were expressed again this weekend, not a few months ago.

I think that this is exactly what has annoyed some people about Spillane on this occasion, but he seems to maintain when talking on Big Red Bench that people are accusing him fabricating the interview. Noel "I still have the tape" Spillane must have a room of his house full of dicta-phone tapes just in case he gets himself in trouble.

He should stick to the Chelsea stuff, nobody will ever have anything good or bad to say about his coverage of that team.