PDA

View Full Version : O’Callaghan in Cork feud

Roo69
20/09/2004, 1:16 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=13631

Cork City striker George O’Callaghan looks set to leave the eircom Premier Division side when the transfer window reopens in January, following a bust up with manager Pat Dolan.

O’Callaghan was furious to be left out of the side for Friday evening’s televised clash with Bohemians at Dalymount Park. Dolan opted to partner Neale Fenn with John O’Flynn in the City attack, while Joe Gamble and Colin O’Brien made up the central midfield partnership.

The 25-year-old was brought on for Fenn after 30 minutes of the match, but could not help his side from losing 1-0 to Bohs’. O’Callaghan signed a new two year contract with the Leesiders earlier in the season and admits that he regrets the decision to do so.

"Things happen in the heat of the moment, but I do regret signing my contract now," said O’Callaghan. "I have to stand by it, but I’m not a happy camper. I’m very disappointed at the way things have gone for me and I felt gutted at being left out for the televised Bohs’ match."

Cork’s failure to defeat Bohs’ leaves them in trouble of missing out on a Uefa Cup place next season despite having two games in hand on most sides in the Premier Division.

The Munster side have failed to live up to expectations this season, as Dolan’s side were one of the teams tipped to threaten Shel’s dominance at the top of the table.

Cork chairman Brian Lennox has arranged a meeting today with the players and management team to discuss their problems on and off the field.

joeSoap
20/09/2004, 1:25 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=13631
"Things happen in the heat of the moment, but I do regret signing my contract now," said O’Callaghan. "I have to stand by it, but I’m not a happy camper. I’m very disappointed at the way things have gone for me and I felt gutted at being left out for the televised Bohs’ match."

So it's all down to the fact that Georgie Boy missed out on a tv opportunity is it??

thecorner
20/09/2004, 1:26 PM
thanx for leaving us know roo

we would never have known without you :rolleyes:

razor
20/09/2004, 1:50 PM
So it's all down to the fact that Georgie Boy missed out on a tv opportunity is it??
You might not be too far off the mark there.

Roo69
20/09/2004, 1:56 PM
thanx for leaving us know roo

we would never have known without you :rolleyes:

Just thought i'd remind ya's ! :D

Any word on where he might go if he does leave ?

Peadar
20/09/2004, 2:30 PM
Any word on where he might go if he does leave ?

Heard that his dream move is Bray :rolleyes:

Roo69
20/09/2004, 4:31 PM
Heard that his dream move is Bray :rolleyes:

Are ya mad in the head or wha ? Sure he would'nt force his way past Zayed, Grogan, Foxy, Flood or Tarzan. We dont need another bench warmer ! :D