PDA

View Full Version : Cup semis....

Albert
20/09/2004, 10:36 AM
Dont really mind who we draw tonight, we have shown we are able to play against any of them over the last few weeks, wouldnt mind an away drw for a weekend away :D But whats the story I hope we are not playing Derry or Waterford away on a friday night, it would be damn had trying to get down to te game in time, I presume they will play sunday if thats thecase am I right? can they play sat night?

Albert
20/09/2004, 11:32 AM
You really arent the brightest are you cop on? or do you jst like to show up you ignorance publicly all the time? Anyway a real fan of the club might answer my question....

Longfordian
20/09/2004, 11:59 AM
I think it depends on what way the ties come out of the hat, one on Friday and one on Sunday, i think the first tie out is on Friday, they're both being shown on RTE again this year. Dont mind who we get as we're capable of beating all of them, doesnt necessarily mean we will, but we're well capable, I think Derry or Waterford at home would be my choice, preferably a friday night tie too, given that the county final is on the Sunday and we might lose some casuals from the gate

Albert
20/09/2004, 1:04 PM
oh how little you know mr Cop on, but then seeing as I reckon your probably about 15 theres no point arguing. But I reckon theres a village somewhere thats missing their idiot right now............ :)

Albert
20/09/2004, 1:32 PM
good lad yourself sure your a toppin little boy! now back to serious football please..........

Albert
20/09/2004, 2:44 PM
like I said good lad, you may go back to Roy of the Rovers now! Let real fans get on with supporting our club and hoping and working for greater things rather than sitting moaning

Sonic
20/09/2004, 6:34 PM
albert cop on is a bigger longford town fan then you will EVER be :ball:

Albert
21/09/2004, 8:08 AM
and you would know that how? ya spanner, jeez how many kids are using this site?

Bosco
21/09/2004, 10:02 PM
Will ye all please just cop on to yourselves(no pun intended) with your sly remarks and comments.Some people have different opinions,if someone doesnt agree with you,you can a)Keep it to yourself or b)Try to convince them to your way of thinking, this is not done by slagging them at every oppurtunity.This site is for talking about Irish football.Our old message board on Longfordtownfc.com was ruined by this childish bickering.We are all supporters Longford town.

the 12 th man
22/09/2004, 7:05 AM
anyone know kick off time for the semi final ?

Maz
22/09/2004, 10:03 AM
Someone mentioned 3pm but not too sure! Seemly we are trying to get it changed from the sunday as the Local County Final is on and the Gaa have cancelled games inorder to cater for town games before, however a lot of people are sayin this wont be happening! can anyone verify any of this?

observer
22/09/2004, 10:49 AM
The GAA have been sensible in the past and switched games to avoid clkashes. Unfortunately I doubt if it is possible to switch the County Final as it is the showpiece of the year for Longford GAA. There are various presentations and other matches involved in the days programme so change is probably not on. The following week would be out as the All Ireland final is being played.
Hopefully the semi-final can be put back a few hours as a lot of sports fans would like to attend both fixtures. At the end of the day I suppose RTE will rule the roost as regards the timing, which is a bit of a laugh seeing as they ignored the Irish game for the entire season. They will not be very interested in local issues however I think The Town should stick their heels in and demand a change.

Maz
22/09/2004, 10:52 AM
No i meant "we" as in da soccer were trying to change and had spoken to the FAIreland about it! Would be unfair to expect the GAA to change again and in the war of crowds they realistically would win! Most people want to be in Pearse Park for County Final day

Albert
22/09/2004, 10:52 AM
Town should try to stick it out, ts always nice to have a game televised but not if the attendance is poor, thats not the message we want to send out. If possible Id tell RTE where to go on this one if the time doesnt suit them ;)

observer
22/09/2004, 11:26 AM
A time change by RTE would mean the gate would not drop as much, so financially it would be a win win situation. :ball:

Wiseguy
22/09/2004, 2:36 PM
The match should be moved to 5:30pm so as not to affect the crowd in any way. If that dosen't suit RTE then tough. I would much sooner see a fuller Flancare Park and go without the few euro's rte will hand out than the sight of a half empty stadium on television plus a fuller house makes for a better atmosphere. I just hope the weather is good for that day or else does who end up getting drowned in Pearse Park may not bother turning up in Flancare.

iceman
22/09/2004, 11:06 PM
The match should be moved to 5:30pm so as not to affect the crowd in any way. If that dosen't suit RTE then tough. I would much sooner see a fuller Flancare Park and go without the few euro's rte will hand out than the sight of a half empty stadium on television plus a fuller house makes for a better atmosphere. I just hope the weather is good for that day or else does who end up getting drowned in Pearse Park may not bother turning up in Flancare.

Some clubs have done sponsorship deals on the strength of live TV coverage. It would not be fair on these clubs to withdraw the live coverage at this late stage.

Cosmo
23/09/2004, 12:15 PM
haha, have to agree with cop on. Drogs can hardly argue that point!!!