PDA

View Full Version : Connacht Cup win 1931/32

historynut
06/02/2013, 5:19 PM
I am compiling an accurate list of past Connacht Junior Cup finals.
Does anyone on here possibly have details of Longford's Connacht Cup Final in 1931/32 ?
One newspaper report states a Galway Town XI was to play them in the semi-final, yet other later reports states Galway
had reached all previous finals, thus above mentioned fixture detail may have been the final.
Will be very grateful for any help.

Martinho II
06/02/2013, 6:43 PM
well historynut, I'm the club historian .I did a feature on our cup wins pre 1984 for our home match programmes last season so I am in a position immediately to give you the information that you need.
I was able to use the Longford Leader archive from June 4th 1932. We disposed of Galway Town in the semi-final and Buncrana Blues accounted for Sligo Blues in the other so it was Buncrana who we beat in the final.

hope this information is of help to you.
Martin Stapleton

historynut
06/02/2013, 7:50 PM
Martinho thank you so much.
Would you by chance have details of the final ....score date venue ?

Using the Irish Newspaper Archieve site I have collated details of all finals (bar 3 scores) from 1939/40, just finalising finals from 1928-191939.

May interest you if not already aware round prior to semi-final Longford beat Boyle 12-4 !!!!

Martinho II
07/02/2013, 6:56 PM
Martinho thank you so much.
Would you by chance have details of the final ....score date venue ?

Using the Irish Newspaper Archieve site I have collated details of all finals (bar 3 scores) from 1939/40, just finalising finals from 1928-191939.

May interest you if not already aware round prior to semi-final Longford beat Boyle 12-4 !!!!

I will get back to you tomorrow night History nut with those details