PDA

View Full Version : What team would you pick?

Political Rebel
19/09/2004, 2:56 PM
Kinda of getting tired of people saying Dolan should do this and Dolan should play him, drop him.......what team would you pick.

For what its worth, here is mine

GK = Devine

Defence = Horgan, Murray, Bennett, Murphy,

Midfield = Doyler, Colin T, Greg O Halloran, Kearney

Strikers = Georgie and Fenn

Bench = Woods, Gamble, O Flynn, Lordan, Nwankwo

thecorner
19/09/2004, 3:02 PM
GK = Devine

Defence = Horgan, Murray, Bennett, Murphy,

Midfield = Georgie, Colin T, Gamble, Kearney

Strikers = Doyler and Fenn

Bench = Woods, S O fLYNN, O Flynn, Lordan, Greg

and definitly need to get a defender in to drop murray

Fermoy Blue
19/09/2004, 3:28 PM
Jeez ye got in a right tizz when I suggested George,Fenn,Kearney,Nwanko etc just hadn't the stomach for it and some like leagues greatest defender,Dan Murray were just poor players.Hate to say I told ye so....Anyway, any chance we could have Doyle who is wasting his time on right or left wing?

Gary
19/09/2004, 5:18 PM
Devine

Hoggy....New Player...Benno....Murphy

New Player....New Player.....George.....Kearney

Fenn.....Doyle

Subs: McNulty...J O Flynn..S O Flynn...Dan Murray.... Colin

adamcarr
19/09/2004, 5:43 PM
.............Devine...................

Hoggie.....Dan...Benno...Murphy

Colin...George...Gamble...Kearney

...........Fenn...Doyler............

Subs: McNulty, Greg, JOF, SOF, Nwankwo

Political Rebel
19/09/2004, 6:13 PM
Bit of a trend playin out here, .....No one wants Johnno in attack and everyone wants Hoggie instead of Lordan, I think that most people agree that we need a new centre half instaed of Murray

Colm
19/09/2004, 6:18 PM
Devine

Hoggy....New Player...Benno....Murphy

New Player....New Player.....George.....Kearney

Fenn.....Doyle

Subs: McNulty...J O Flynn..S O Flynn...Dan Murray.... Colin

Surely you'd start Colin? I'd also be confident that both Dan and Flynny will refind the form that earned them their reputations.

At the moment though I'd go with....
Devine
Hoggy Benno Murray Murphy
Greg Georgie Colin Kearney
Doyler Fenny

jofyisgod
19/09/2004, 6:23 PM
Surely you'd start Colin? I'd also be confident that both Dan and Flynny will refind the form that earned them their reputations.

At the moment though I'd go with....
Devine
Hoggy Benno Murray Murphy
Greg Georgie Colin Kearney
Doyler Fenny

I'd agree-Flynny, if he stays :confused: must begin to refind some form at least. He can't be this woeful forvere. Same applies for Dan. Form is temporary, Class is permanent.

Interesting about Greg in your team Colm-is that for passion adn pride or to make the tackles that Georgie mightn't if he got forward?

Political Rebel
19/09/2004, 6:26 PM
Murray is a good player, just dont think he is a good captain....his performances since taking over the armband have gone downhill.......maybe the pressure of being captain is taking its toll......give the armband to Colin T or Danny.......both are drivers and give more than 100% everytime they pull on the shirt unlike some players lately(O Flynn)

aswad
19/09/2004, 8:21 PM
I'd like to see Greg back at right back. Looked good there this season. Would have played S. O'Flynn on the left with Kearney out against Bohs. I seem to remember him taking Ramblers apart pre-season. Then again, the club havn't made any comments as to when he will be returning to match fitness.

eastcork
20/09/2004, 8:19 AM
Lads, Kevin Doyle's best position is up front. The only reason Dolan wont play him there is to keep Flynn and Fenn happy. Doyle is better than Flynn anyway at the moment. You can see he hates playing right midfield...Play him up front with Fenn for now. Throw and I mean throw Flynn onto the bench (maybe he'll wake up then!!).

bren101
20/09/2004, 11:12 AM
Devine
Horgan ... Murray ... Bennet .... Murphy

Doyle .. Giles ... Dunphy ... Kearney

O'Callaghan .... O'Flynn

(When O'Flynn breaks this bad run he will be leathal ... it happens to a lot of strikers who get injured, lacking confidence and probibly afraid to get hurt again .. it will happen for him in time) (If HomeFarm-Everton-Dublin City can sign the other two - surely we can convince Dunphy and Giles to come out of retirement !!)

razor
20/09/2004, 11:22 AM
Devine
Horgan Bennett Coughlan Murphy

Doyle Oswald CT Kearney

S O'Flynn Fenn

SÓC
20/09/2004, 4:21 PM
Devine

Hoggie Dan Benno Murphy

Gamble Colin T Georgie Kearney

Doyler Fenn

J. O'Flynn, S. O'Flynn, Lordan, Woods, Nwankwo

Eric
21/09/2004, 1:58 PM
...........SOC............

Eric..NOTL..Pablo..Neil

Exile..TikTok..Colm..Wayne

.......Willy.......A Face....

Subs: Ian, The Corner, Xtreme Rebel, What Biy

There ya go.

Firstly it's a team with passion which we are currently lacking and secondly it'll seriously cut the clubs wage bill!!!!! :D :D

tiktok
21/09/2004, 2:04 PM

Eric..NOTL..Pablo..Neil

Firstly it's a team with passion which we are currently lacking and secondly it'll seriously cut the clubs wage bill!!!!! :D :D

Cut the wage bill? Speak for yourself.
If I'm going to run things from midfield, show me the money ;) :D

Ruairi
21/09/2004, 2:25 PM
i'm annoyed i didn't get a mention.

too many foreigners in that team

patsh
21/09/2004, 2:50 PM
i'm annoyed i didn't get a mention.
So am I, bloody Gardai.......

I mean come on, IAN...ON THE BENCH ???
And the Corner should be fined two weeks wages for his attitude.....

:D

thecorner
21/09/2004, 2:59 PM

Eric..NOTL..Pablo..Neil

There ya go.

WHY THE FCUK AM I NOT IN THE FIRST TEAM.I NOW REGRET SIGNING THAT CONTRACT..SHOULD HAVE WENT TO GLEN CELTIC WHEN THEY CAME IN FOR ME

IM HANDED IN MY TRANSFER REQUEST

DONT WORRY,SPILLANE KNOWS TOO :D

Colm
21/09/2004, 3:01 PM

Eric..NOTL..Pablo..Neil

There ya go.

Now there's a team that would give it's all for the love of the club.

I'd play the Georgie role in midfield and score a few more goals aswell! :)
And I'd say nobody would get past that defense, I can just see Neil breaking Jason Byrne's legs while NOTL and Pablo put a stop to Moore and Hoolahan and Eric would easily deal with Ollie Cahill.
Have you put your proposal to Pat Dolan Eric? It might be worth a try for the Shels game next month!! :D :D

Ruairi
21/09/2004, 3:09 PM

last time i looked georgie didn't spend all day standing two yards from the opposition goal.... :eek:

Colm
21/09/2004, 3:16 PM
last time i looked georgie didn't spend all day standing two yards from the opposition goal.... :eek:

There's no harm in doing that when you've got the talent to make it as effective as I do! :p :)

Ruairi
21/09/2004, 3:25 PM
There's no harm in doing that when you've got the talent to make it as effective as I do! :p :)

I suppose. and now ya mention it, i do remember a couple of three yard screamers last season :p

NorthoftheLee
21/09/2004, 5:33 PM
Now there's a team that would give it's all for the love of the club.

And I'd say nobody would get past that defense, I can just see Neil breaking Jason Byrne's legs while NOTL and Pablo put a stop to Moore and Hoolahan and Eric would easily deal with Ollie Cahill.
Have you put your proposal to Pat Dolan Eric? It might be worth a try for the Shels game next month!! :D :D

the match would have to abandoned after 5 mins because of all the sending offs...christ if you had the chance you would have to lunge into a few knee crunchers.....

Éanna
21/09/2004, 8:50 PM
Devine

Greg New Player Benno Hoggy

Colin New player Gamble Kearney

George Doyler

A face
21/09/2004, 10:03 PM
Agree with most of that but I think we need to sign a RM if Doyler is going up front. There is no pace there on the right with Greg and CT.

Would you leave Billy out ??

Éanna
21/09/2004, 11:45 PM
Would you leave Billy out ??
Billy's been dreadful any time I've seen him this season. At very best he's a back up player. I don't think he's worth keeping to be honest

GavinZac
22/09/2004, 7:07 AM
Billy's been dreadful any time I've seen him this season. At very best he's a back up player. I don't think he's worth keeping to be honest

definately not as a right winger anyway.
can admir play on the right? or will that upset george?