PDA

View Full Version : Forest drop Andy Reid

tricky_colour
19/09/2004, 1:18 AM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=13612

Big problems at Forest although they managed a draw away against the then
top of the Championship Stoke City.

Reid will be playing in the reserves.

Watch this space.

thejollyrodger
19/09/2004, 10:09 AM
I see in on ITV the championship today. The manager wasnt too impressed with Andy Reid!!

Reid should get his head down and work like feck, not get stuck in the reserves. I wonder if its just a one off or something more serious. :confused:

petef
19/09/2004, 10:48 AM
Reid has overstepped the line this season on more than one occasion, at least play till January then bugger off.

Adrianovic
19/09/2004, 11:58 AM
Reid's attitude is nothing short of pathetic and I don't have time for him anymore.

He's left the club high and dry, we're going down this year. We've got a small squad as it is, more injuries than you would have thought is humanly possible and now two players that have consigned themselves to the reserves, one who is our best player and the other who we paid £1m for less than a year ago, we have a chairman who doesn't see the need to invest, Billy Liar as the manager and a team of kids fighting for the cause as best they can, but their best won't be good enough unfortunately.

Ade

The Owls
19/09/2004, 3:08 PM
I can see where Reid is coming from. He was priced out of a move, Forest will sweet feck all for him if there still last in january. Take for example Danny Murphy Tested in premiership football, Maybe not as talented as Ried but hes experienced and charlton paid 2.5 millon for him. Forest looking for 5-7 Millon for a first division player thats never played prenmiership football. Reid even said hes no where near that money untill hes proven himself at top level. Forest have screwed him over, It does look likely that froest will go down they should cashed in when they had a decent offer like 3 millon.

eirebhoy
20/09/2004, 4:17 PM
It doesn't look like he's learnt much from been left out. Whether he agree's with the manager or not he needs to shut his mouth:

After being left OUT of the squad for last Saturdays trip to Stoke, Nottingham Forest and Republic of Ireland winger Andy Reid has hit back at City ground boss Joe Kinnear for saying he does not want to play for the club.

Reid was dropped from the squad for the trip to Stoke on Saturday but said:

"After losing at Sunderland we were asked our opinions and I gave mine.

"In future I know not to give an opinion. He didn't have the courtesy to tell me he was dropping me himself.
"If they didn't want to play me, why didn't they sell me? Why wait until the window is closed before dropping me?"

Reid admits he is frustrated to still be at the City Ground after handing in a transfer request, but said he has to keep playing to keep his place in the Republic of Ireland squad.

He told the Nottingham Evening Post:

"I made it clear before the transfer window closed that I wanted to be playing in the Premiership and I made that clear to the chairman.

"Now the transfer window has closed, I need to be playing for Forest because I want to be playing in World Cup qualifiers.

"I would be mad to do something silly like go on strike. It would be ridiculous and that is something I haven't done. I have been playing out of position in central midfield and I could have kicked up a fuss but I haven't.

"I don't know where we go from here. All I want to do is play."

Kinnear had earlier told BBC Radio Nottingham, where this story originated from, that he only picked players who were keen to wear the shirt.

"The club always come first and I want people who want to play for the club," said Kinnear.

"Some players have their minds on other things and while that is the case they will not wear a Forest shirt."
http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=13930&mainheading=Republic+of+Ireland&viewstory=yes