PDA

View Full Version : George wants to leave? then sack Dolan...

Pablo
18/09/2004, 11:34 AM
i've had enough excuses. Even though i didnt agree with certain things i stayed quiet but the man has lost control.

I've been to the vast majority of game this year up and down the country and in Europe. I've spent well over €6000 this year travelling to watch city and i'm fed up. And i'm not alone here i know we have a loyal band of supporters. And we deserve more.

I was so annoyed last night. for 2 weeks in a row we had to put up with that drivel. I told Dolan as much at full time and he agreed, but all he was interested in was getting to the TV cameras. he should have been locked in the dressing roomwith RTE the furthest thought from his mind.

And now gergie has come out on Red fm this morning saying he's had enough and hass talked to Dolan about his future.

George stays Dolan goes

Enough is enough. dont slate me for this but argue the point if you wish. this is my opinion. i'm close to giving up because of sheer frustration. George i'm with you. you are City through and through

Pablo
18/09/2004, 11:44 AM
and if georgie goes who will be next? .............

SSS
18/09/2004, 11:46 AM
I think I'm with you on this one.
I would like to think that Cork people can see through bullsh*t and Dolan is the master at it. That's fine for raising the profile and is grand when it is accompanied by success (which he has had in the past, so we were happy to take him in) but when it continues and is clearly at odds with reality, it rings hollow. Last night, the first thing Dolan said was that there wasn't much between the teams :confused: We were destroyed.
Performances like this are becoming common place - and games like this cost Mountfield his job.

We go to Dublin City next week - anyone confident??

If George now finds himself on the scrapheap with Greg, Mucka and Hoggie (who is also unhappy) - Dolan will have to go.

And Lennox will be the man to do the right thing.

thecorner
18/09/2004, 12:28 PM
flynny also wants out

expect fenn next wuth the way dolan is treating him

change this thread to dolan out...u all want it,just scared to say it.

georgie or dolan... i know whos side im on
hint:hes not fat ;)

Pablo
18/09/2004, 12:32 PM
Talking to some players recently, they describe a squad split down the middle.

The team is falling apart.

If its a choice between the two the George must stay

Pablo
18/09/2004, 12:57 PM
The echo makes very interesting reading. we're finished if its all true.

Trevor's gonna get the full extent of my anger on the big red bench on red fm tonight!

Gary
18/09/2004, 1:14 PM
No way should George have gone public with that. What end will it achieve, only to unsettle everyone, the management, the players, and the fans.

As for Dolan or George, well, no one person is bigger than the club (no jokes please). Interesting to see how this plays out.

Gary
18/09/2004, 1:36 PM
Lads, this 'foreigners' thing is boollox. Look at last nights starting 11, and there was 6 Cork fellas there, one wexford, 3 English, a Nigerian.

Greg doesnt get his game because he isnt a better option than Lordan. None of know the story with Derek, its all internet speculation.

As for what george said, he wouldnt care less if it was all foreigners if we were winning. Its a very easy battlecry to make.

patsh
18/09/2004, 1:36 PM
No way should George have gone public with that. What end will it achieve, only to unsettle everyone, the management, the players, and the fans.

As for Dolan or George, well, no one person is bigger than the club (no jokes please). Interesting to see how this plays out.Completely disagree with you Gary.
George going public could be the best thing to happen to the club at this time.
We are all not imagining things for the last few months, we can see there were problems and Dolan glossing over them and bullsh*tting was only making things worse.
Lennox needs to get a strong grip on things now and sort this out once and for all. We need some sort of catharsis at the moment and this could be it.
The club seems to be tearing itself apart and something had to be done.

We have the players, we have a manager who can do things right, but both players and Dolan need to clear the air.
We simply cannot let George go, or Greg or Hoggie, Derek should be back too, and Dolan must not be allowed to go yet, so some serious straight talking and a complete rethink is now needed. A big soundproofed room should be booked in the Rochestown hotel for a few hours and let them all have it out and throw a few f*cks into each other. Find out who really wants to stay and who wants to go, and start hard serious work on saving our season.
We have got to turn things around NOW.
Brian you have saved the club already, you need to do it again.

patsh
18/09/2004, 1:46 PM
If it comes down to Dolan v George, then Dolan has to win out.The manager is not ALWAYS right, Conor.
George, Fenn, Hoggie, Greg, Derek.
EVERY club in the country would want these guys, but we risk losing them. They can't all be wrong, Dolan must take his share of the blame.
Everyone must compromise here, including Dolan. Simply using your authority is not the best way to manage anything, its better to bring your people with you willingly rather than force them to come with you.

yan
18/09/2004, 2:29 PM
i back georgie to the hill on this one,

he says in the echo that himself and joflynn used to take bohs apart for fun before,etc and so on,

he is passionate for city,

thats why he turned down more money from shels and bohs to stay,he is a fans hero,probably one of the most gifted players witnessed at the cross,

next home game cant come soon enough for me, we have to make a point that we want georgie to stay

yiddo
18/09/2004, 2:50 PM
If Pat Dolan loses the dressing room, that is the repect of the majority of the players, then he has to go. I'm not saying he has lost them or that I think he should go but if he loses them Lennox wont have an option.....
In the overall scheme of thing Lennox is more important to the future of the club than either George or Dolan.

Colm
18/09/2004, 3:05 PM
Lads, sacking Dolan is not the answer and will achieve nothing.

However, if Georgie is allowed to leave then it will be the single biggest blunder in the history of Cork City football club. It was completely unacceptable that Georgie did not start the game last night. Like quite a few of ye, I spend a fortune following City all over Ireland and Europe and I expect to see better than what we witnessed last night, I want to see a winning Cork City team with Dolan at the helm and Georgie running the show in midfield. We deserve better than the crap that's going on at the moment.... Dolan, Georgie et al, sort it out lads and sort it now.

Gary
18/09/2004, 4:02 PM
I mean 2 minutes into the game last night and all I could hear were Georgie songs from the City fans.

Why sing constantly for a player who isnt on the pitch? Its a smack in the face for the players on the pitch. No doubt some of those doing so, are the same fellas who always give out about so called "boo boys". Surely it would have been more important to get behind the team, not get on the managers back, and undermine his decision.

I want to see a winning Cork City team with Dolan at the helm and Georgie running the show in midfield.

Unfortunatley in this City version of Saipan gate, it could well be one or the other who goes, as Dolan will not tolerate Georges comments to the public, and George is quite obviously not a Dolan fan.

The Donie Forde
18/09/2004, 4:50 PM
However, if Georgie is allowed to leave then it will be the single biggest blunder in the history of Cork City football club.

No, in the history of CCFC it will have to be letting Roy K go to Ramblers having signed but failed to register him...

Donie

Colm
18/09/2004, 4:53 PM
Surely it would have been more important to get behind the team, not get on the managers back, and undermine his decision.

I want to categorically state that there were no City fans getting on Dolan's back during the game last night (a couple of people expressed their frustration after alright but even then it was in a very reasonable manner), in fact we spent about 20 minutes in the second half singing 'Pat Dolan's Rebel Army'. Just because you sing a Georgie song doesn't make you anti-Dolan or vice versa. There were a lot of us there who are big fans of them both.

Unfortunatley in this City version of Saipan gate, it could well be one or the other who goes, as Dolan will not tolerate Georges comments to the public, and George is quite obviously not a Dolan fan.

I don't think it will come to that, hopefully not anyway. They're both adults, they're both professionals, I'm sure they will sort it out in time.

TheCultOfDino
18/09/2004, 7:17 PM
I've been away for the last 3 and 1/2 months but the last few times i saw Greg play he was ****ing terrible.has he turned into a class act over the summer or something?Last time i saw the guy play every time he got the ball he gave it away and was a ****ing disaster.Has Georgie been playing well lately?if he hasn't been(and i dunno how he's been performing) maybe he needs a kick up the arse, ie getting dropped.George is a very talented player but he should not be under the impression that he will walk into the team every week.If Dolan gets the sack,who is about that could replace him??

jofyisgod
18/09/2004, 7:39 PM
No, in the history of CCFC it will have to be letting Roy K go to Ramblers having signed but failed to register him...

Donie
:rolleyes: BOLLÓCKS Please tell me you are joking...
That is a fúcking stupid comment. Shag off Keane-lover. What's that to do with this, ffs? :mad:

If Georgie goes, the heart of the team has been ripped out. How has this happened? After the Nantes game at the X, i went home and couldn't sleep with happiness and excitement at things to come. A great team, amanegr and fans with them all the way. Within weeks, the manager has split themost gifted and talented squad in the history of the club in half, treated a good few players like shíte and made some decisions that are unforgiveable.

I am/was a big a fan of Dolans- i thought his comments were silly and stupid, but he was funa dn interesting. He livened both the club and the league up.
The results stopped then, the performances have got worse, the excuses have been piling up, and now, so are the transfer requests...

FENN WILL BE NEXT TO GO!

razor
18/09/2004, 8:15 PM
:rolleyes: BOLLÓCKS Please tell me you are joking...
That is a fúcking stupid comment. Shag off Keane-lover. What's that to do with this, ffs? :mad:
He was commenting on the biggest all time blunder in the history of the club.
Some peoples 'history' of the club goes much further back than others and i'm sure Donie was referring to the financial aspect of it.

jofyisgod
18/09/2004, 8:29 PM
He was commenting on the biggest all time blunder in the history of the club.
Some peoples 'history' of the club goes much further back than others and i'm sure Donie was referring to the financial aspect of it.

Come on!What difference would have made realistically?Would we have conquered Europe or won 10 leagues in a row? I hate the way that any discussion i have ever had about Irish football or it's past always comes back to RMK. Why? I just feel that we should be more worried about losing a player who has actually played for this club, who has given his sweat for the team and is actually going to be a realistic loss for the team rather than some cartoon character who has never had anything to do with the club.

tiktok
18/09/2004, 9:00 PM
I got a text earlier about this, stuck in Dublin so haven't read the story/heard the interview, nevertheless...comments.

Georgie should have kept his mouth shut, this stuff should be sorted behind closed doors. His going public serves only two scenarios...
1. He's letting domestic clubs know he wants out (Nantes don't read the Echo)
2. He's making a definite step to undermine and get rid of Dolan

George's comments (in the other thread) about foreigners coming in and Cork lads being dropped is equally stupid. Talk about splitting the dressing room. We'd all like to see Cork lads playing for CCFC, but with the exception of Hoggy, the ones that are at the required level are currently playing. He says there's a lack of passion because of it? Two Words, Danny Murphy.

Flynny can go to Northampton in the morning with my blessing. He's not worth the wages we're paying him at the moment, he looks like he's just biding his time until he leaves.

George -v- Dolan?
I'm going to tie this into the aside of the biggest mistake in City's history, the first was Bishopstown, the second IMO was allowing a gang of players to push out Derek Mountfield, who was ahead of his time in the EL, something which one of the players accused of being in the 'gang of five' has since admitted.

A note to players:
If there's problems or they're unhappy, fair enough.
You go to the manager first and the Chairman second, you don't whine to the press.

In the end, this will grease the slide to Dolan's sacking, if the camp is split, it's easier to replace a manager than it is to replace half a squad. I'll remain optomistic though, Brian Lennox hasn't let us down yet, and I think he'll handle this to the benefit of the club, one way or the other.

thecorner
18/09/2004, 9:10 PM
FENN WILL BE NEXT TO GO!

agreed...how much more sh!t can he take

one of our best performers every week and constantly taking off

is flynny above being taken off :eek: :eek:

Pablo
19/09/2004, 2:21 PM
it seems lennox will be on the BRB at 6 tonight. good listening i'd imagine.....

Pablo
19/09/2004, 2:42 PM
BRB Text Number 086 8273336

Gary
19/09/2004, 4:41 PM
Lennox AND Dolan, live on the bench @ 6.15ish.

Somehow I dont think Dolan or Lennox will repsond to any of the txts that may or may not be sent in. There are plenty issues at hand without those to distract.

thecorner
19/09/2004, 4:49 PM
lennox and dolan

this is going to be very interesting