PDA

View Full Version : George on Red FM

The Donie Forde
18/09/2004, 11:08 AM
Read George's view of things in today's Echo. Not very reassuring for the future. Things do not look very rosy at all if this is how things are at CCFC.

Donie :(

SSS
18/09/2004, 11:14 AM
George is unhappy and considering his future with City.
He has spoken to Lennox a month ago about it (note: Not Dolan) and said he'll do so again.
He is unhappy at being sacrificed last night and complained about all the foreign guys coming in and the fact that we're losing the passion.
He sounds very disillusioned.

This is from a broadcasted interview - not a rumour.

George plays with real passion for City, not this PR ****e that Dolan spouts.

yiddo
18/09/2004, 11:21 AM
Noel Spillane is running the George wants out story on the backpage of tonights Echo. Headlined GEORGE WANTS OUT OF SPIRITLESS CITY ! with a sub heading of "George to hand in transfer request as O'Flynn eyes move to Northampton".
Full story should be at www.eecho.ie (http://www.eecho.ie) but it may not be up until later in the day.
Looks like all the talk of trouble in the camp was right. On a positive side I think we have the right man in Brian Lennox to sort it out.

jofyisgod
18/09/2004, 7:16 PM
Fúcking hell-talk about having the heart ripped out. If we lose the Johnny and Georgie partnership, IMO, we'd be steping back about 3 years. This is a disaster, nothing short... :(

Quite cool that Nantes were interested, and TBH, i'd blame neither of the lads for leaving now, this team is in the shít and they're stuck there.

razor
18/09/2004, 8:06 PM
Quite cool that Nantes were interested, and TBH, i'd blame neither of the lads for leaving now, this team is in the shít and they're stuck there.

Nantes interested my arse.
Do you think Lennox wouldn't have bitten the hand off them?
I'm afraid George is reaching Dolanesque levels here.

A face
18/09/2004, 9:47 PM
I'm afraid George is reaching Dolanesque levels here.

You're not far off it but i'd hate to lose him. Fúck imagine him playing against us ..... Sweet Jebus !!

thecorner
18/09/2004, 10:38 PM
Fúck imagine him playing against us ..... Sweet Jebus !!

what are the chances of drawing nantes again in europe ;)

A face
18/09/2004, 10:55 PM

Keep the faith !! :)

eoinh
18/09/2004, 10:59 PM
I couldnt believe it when i read it. See here (http://breaking.examiner.ie/2004/09/18/story167125.html)

De Town
19/09/2004, 9:14 AM

You have to get there first ;)

thecorner
19/09/2004, 9:26 AM
You have to get there first ;)

and when we do,we win games ;)

De Town
19/09/2004, 9:28 AM
and when we do,we win games ;)

That maybe true but we have as good a chance of getting to Europe this year than you do ;)

*edit* Someone already said on another thread that you were playing above yourselves while in Europe while we were playing as well as yee are recently ;)

thecorner
19/09/2004, 9:33 AM
That maybe true

maybe!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it IS true

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 9:37 AM
That maybe true but we have as good a chance of getting to Europe this year than you do ;)

*edit* Someone already said on another thread that you were playing above yourselves while in Europe while we were playing as well as yee are recently ;)

clearly not only were we palying above ourselves, the other teams were playing below themselves.
if the ballsless shower of women that turned out against bohs faced malmo we' d have been the laughing stock of europe.

De Town
19/09/2004, 9:39 AM
OK, This season, it is true, we didn't perform well in Europe and ye did. Europe came at totally the wrong time for us as we were having no rub-of-the-green and ye were. But, what goes around, comes around and now we are the form team that is beginning to get a bit of luck while yee seem to be playing crap :)

De Town
19/09/2004, 9:41 AM
clearly not only were we palying above ourselves, the other teams were playing below themselves.
if the ballsless shower of women that turned out against bohs faced malmo we' d have been the laughing stock of europe.

At least some cork fan can see the truth :)

thecorner
19/09/2004, 9:45 AM
. Europe came at totally the wrong time for us as we were having no rub-of-the-green and ye were.

got 5 great results in europe.... that isnt down to the rub of the green and as playing above ourselves thats only sh!t talk....how many times can u play above yourself :rolleyes:

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 9:46 AM
How do you know that? You a keen follower of the Swedish, Dutch and French leagues? You've seen these teams play alot so ya?

ive seen them quite a bit, knew a fair bit about malmo through www.forzacity.com, had watched NEC in the uefa cup last year, and nantes in the CL

ive also watched cork city constantly talk of glory to come, only to justify the bad days, the heartless performances, with talk of europe and "the best club and fans in ireland".

ive been a dolan advocate all along but seeing dolans confused and frightened expression after the bohs goal while he wondered what to do, i think its time for upstairs or out the door.

if we're a really big club mr lennox, go get us a doolin or a fenlon.

Fair_play_boy
19/09/2004, 9:46 AM
. . . the other teams were playing below themselves.
I agree with you. IMO, that was because they were not allowed play by CCFC who were very well organised on the pitch, they had a game plan, Dolan had worked out the right tactics, and there was real commitment.
This did not come out of thin air. There was a real sense of unity within the club and the team itself. And it did not hurt that the supporters were really behind the team and manager.

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 9:48 AM
got 5 great results in europe.... that isnt down to the rub of the green and as playing above ourselves thats only sh!t talk....how many times can u play above yourself :rolleyes:

6 and thats it appartantly

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 9:50 AM
I agree with you. IMO, that was because they were not allowed play by CCFC who were very well organised on the pitch, they had a game plan, Dolan had worked out the right tactics, and there was real commitment.
This did not come out of thin air. There was a real sense of unity within the club and the team itself. And it did not hurt that the supporters were really behind the team and manager.

wheres this now? im sorry fpb but ive been keeping a tight lip on criticising too much as its good for nobody but clearly something has to change. if that requires a change in personel, do it NOW. if it doesnt, all the better.

thecorner
19/09/2004, 9:51 AM
6 and thats it appartantly

no....5...remember we lost away to nantes :rolleyes:

as for fair play..totally contradicted yourself.

u agree with gavinzac that teams played below themselves but then go onto say that dolan had a great game plan

that means that teams didnt play below themselves,it means city had a better game plan

De Town
19/09/2004, 9:51 AM

You can get really fired up for big matches if you want to. I was at the Nantes home match, Yee played brilliantly. 1 of the best performances from an Irish side i've seen. But look what happened the following Wednesday, UCD away, **** ground, no fans, You can still get fired up for it if you really want to. But no, Cork players thinking they were above this. Even the League Cup, I know it's a sh1t cup but it's always nice to win something, or have you forgotten how that feels ;) After Cork went out to Limerick, there was a few of youse on here sayin that its good to be out of it so "we can concentrate on Europe". Well done yee did well in Europe, but i'd say there is a few of youse on here who would like a bit of silverware?

Fair_play_boy
19/09/2004, 9:58 AM
that means that teams didnt play below themselves,it means city had a better game plan
Ok, I did not see it that way. The way I looked at it, Nantes, NEC and Malmo would not have been tested if City went out with less belief in themselves.

thecorner
19/09/2004, 10:00 AM
Ok, I did not see it that way. The way I looked at it, Nantes, NEC and Malmo would not have been tested if City went out with less belief in themselves.

so teams dont play well anymore...its that the team they are playing are playing below themselves :rolleyes:

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 10:01 AM
This is exactly what shouldn't happen and what Lennox won't do. To pay Dolan out of his contract and have to pay to get one of those fro their contract would cost City thousands of euro. Never would I accept Fenlon to our club and nor would he ever leave Shels at this minute for that matter. As for Doolin...never won anything in his managerial career comes to mind. Just compare Dolans record in management to say Fenlon or Doolin.... :eek:

I'll acess Dolan at the end of the season, and I'd be amazed if he wasn't our manger come the last home game against Bohs. Things aren't going great right now and there is alot of negativity about the place but we still have 13 or so games to go. Sacking him now would put us back another 12 months.

i dont specifically mean fenlon or doolin... i mean someone with the tactical, mental and leadership ability to command a team. i dont actually want to see dolan sacked, but he's gone very far down in my opinion. he can only do so much when it comes to locking himself in a room to plot malmo's downfall. he clearly didnt think very much at all about the bohs game, letting a personal dispute get in the way of the team.

given an opportunity to at this moment and only at this moment, move dolan upstairs and bring in a good manager, would you take it?

De Town
19/09/2004, 10:02 AM
so teams dont play well anymore...its that the team they are playing are playing below themselves :rolleyes:

I think what he is trying to say is that THE 3 TEAMS THAT YOU PLAYED IN EUROPE WERE NOT PLAYING TO THE STANDARD OF WHAT THEY CAN DO

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 10:04 AM
I think what he is trying to say is that THE 3 TEAMS THAT YOU PLAYED IN EUROPE WERE NOT PLAYING TO THE STANDARD OF WHAT THEY CAN DO

its a difficult concept i know :rolleyes:

thecorner
19/09/2004, 10:06 AM

u can catch 1 team on the hop,,but 3 on the trot,im not buying that

difficult concept i know :D

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 10:10 AM
u can catch 1 team on the hop,,but 3 on the trot,im not buying that

difficult concept i know :D

we only caught 2 of them, one because they hadnt a clue about us, the other because they were just back in traiining and didnt take us seriously. nantes werent fully prepared either but they still beat us, fairly over the two legs. we played well, but they beat us fairly.

thecorner
19/09/2004, 10:11 AM
as i stated 5 great results.....all 5 games couldnt have been luck...

GavinZac
19/09/2004, 10:15 AM
as i stated 5 great results.....all 5 games couldnt have been luck...

dont mind luck, luck is when a ball bounces your way, CIRCUMSTANCE is when factors like the timing of the game and a team mental preparation have an effect on the game. CIRCUMSTANCES lead to us being very impressive,

im not trying to say we didnt play well in europe, we did, my point is that none of this is relevant to the CIRCUMSTANCES we are now playing under week in week out,