PDA

View Full Version : Leinster Senior cup draw made

Martinho II
29/01/2013, 6:50 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-drawn-away-in-leinster-senior-cup/

see that we will be playing the winners of Willow Park or St Kevins Boys.

We were close to playin Willow Park in a cup competition a few yrs backs( I assume it was Leinster senior cup?)

L.T.F.C.
29/01/2013, 10:06 PM
Who are AFC Longford Town?

outspoken
30/01/2013, 4:48 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-drawn-away-in-leinster-senior-cup/

see that we will be playing the winners of Willow Park or St Kevins Boys.

We were close to playin Willow Park in a cup competition a few yrs backs( I assume it was Leinster senior cup?)

Ye think it was the year we went out to Killester, we would have had them at home that time too if I remember correctly.....They are a decent side, probably better than that lot roddy coaches :)

outspoken
02/04/2013, 2:25 PM
May as well use this thread for tonight's game at CCS. I am amazed to see St.Kevin's @12/1 with the bookies, if I wasnt a Town fan I'd take that as we will surely rotate big time with such a massive game coming up on Saturday. Gona be an optimist though and say Town to win on penalties :)

Town Legend
02/04/2013, 7:32 PM
Any updates on this game??

Just seen we're 1 down at ht!! Presuming we're resting a good few?? Hopefully!!

Keen2win
02/04/2013, 8:03 PM
Town XI: Hunt; Brilly, Deans, McCarthy, Tyrrell; Doyle, Gillespie, O'Neill, Purdy; Shaw, O'Hanlon.

Starting team

L.T.F.C.
02/04/2013, 8:47 PM
Delighted that Gillespie played in this. He needs to up his fitness bigtime.

Acornvilla
02/04/2013, 8:57 PM
Very glad we got out of that with a win, its handy to have these few extra games to keep the fringe lads sharp, and yeknow cup runs are always good.

Longfordian
02/04/2013, 9:11 PM
A win is a win, wasn't there myself but teams like Kevin's are no mugs. As said, handy to have the squad players playing a few games to get fit/keep fit. I'd say O'Hanlon is raging he got pulled down when it sounds like he was about to score against his old team.

outspoken
03/04/2013, 11:47 AM
I've done a report on the game so thatl be online later but in a quick summary we were extremely lucky not to lose last bight, St.Kevin's outplayed us and played it on the deck all night it was a treat to see. We played our usual hoofball rubbish and our back 4 was absolutely awful apart from young Aaron Brilly was was fantastic.

Gillespie worked really hard and made 1 crucial block while David O'Neill was shocking again he must have misplaced every pass, Gavin Doyle worked hard as did O'Hanlon and Shaw.

They scored from a long throw (awful defending), they hit the crossbar and forced Hunt into a great reaction save so could have been 3-0 up but then a long ball by Hunt was ran onto by O'Hanlon who was hacked down and Salmo who came on for Gillespie at HT scored and their man was sent off.

Nkolo and Sully came on and won us the game as Nkolo left 2 men for dead and rolled it to Salmo who smashed it in with 3 minutes to go. Kevins were sick after as they should have had a clear penalty in the first half and it wouldve been a red card possibly too so we really could have been 3 or 4-0 down at certain stages had they taken the chances I mentioned.

That was our first LSC game at home in 7 or 8 years so nice to win it they we id should give the lads a boost.

Martinho II
03/04/2013, 6:51 PM
The last time we played at home in the LSC before last nite was in the 2000/01 season when we lost 1-0 to Kilkenny City which was Jan 01. this was our first win in LSC since 98-99 season when we beat Shamrock Rovers at home 2-1 and got knocked out by Dundalk in the Q finals!

Longfordian
03/04/2013, 7:28 PM
A certain Sean Prunty made his first or first home start that night if memory serves me.

Martinho II
03/04/2013, 7:32 PM
A certain Sean Prunty made his first or first home start that night if memory serves me.
correct longfordian great memory!

nigel-harps1954
03/04/2013, 7:34 PM
Cracking player he was. Lovely fella too.

Longfordian
03/04/2013, 7:42 PM
Gentleman. Never heard anyone have a bad word to say about him on or off the pitch.

outspoken
03/04/2013, 9:27 PM
Maybe we have the next Sean Prunty in young Brilly there cracking wee player and a lovely lad, don't want to put pressure on him or anything but hes quick, good with the ball and confident.

Acornvilla
25/04/2013, 1:00 AM
We've drawn St. Pats away in the 1/4 final.

Martinho II
25/04/2013, 6:03 PM
We've drawn St. Pats away in the 1/4 final.

no date confd as of yet but will be soon acc to the FAI. It will be great for the lads based in dublin to go local!!

RonnieB
26/04/2013, 3:00 PM
I might make that game!

outspoken
23/05/2013, 12:03 PM
The Leinster Senior Cup Quarter Final with Longford Town in Richmond Park has been fixed for Tuesday June 4th. If either side requires a replay in their FAI Cup ties, the game will move one week to June 11th

Martinho II
23/05/2013, 9:07 PM
The Leinster Senior Cup Quarter Final with Longford Town in Richmond Park has been fixed for Tuesday June 4th. If either side requires a replay in their FAI Cup ties, the game will move one week to June 11th

if my hours in the new job suit I should be able to make the game as the luas to the city centre from city west goes close to Incicore. Its a 33% chance I will go as I do three diff shifts one for each week, three week rotation one ending at half five, one at seven and one ending at half nine so wish me luck!