PDA

View Full Version : EPL club forums - needed for fantasy football

Colbert Report
24/01/2013, 5:18 AM
I hope this is the right forum. Basically, I'm having trouble picking the right players for my fantasy football team because quite often I'll start a player who doesn't play the full 90 and sometimes doesn't even start the match. I have a few sites already that try to predict the lineups but they aren't reliable.

I'd like to have a reliable forum, like this one that we're all on, but instead of Ireland, discussing each individual club. Can someone help me get started? Many thanks.

BonnieShels
24/01/2013, 9:20 AM
The discussions on the official FPL site can be good.

I fall into the same trap as you though. How the hell did Benitez not start Ba last week? It's beyond madness.

SkStu
24/01/2013, 4:58 PM
Now, I don't play FF for footie so forgive me if this is a stupid question but how far in advance is your team locked down? Most lineups are announced an hour before kick off so if you have that time to adjust then it shouldn't be a huge deal? In fantasy NFL players are locked down 5 minutes before the match is scheduled to start.

Charlie Darwin
24/01/2013, 5:02 PM
Now, I don't play FF for footie so forgive me if this is a stupid question but how far in advance is your team locked down? Most lineups are announced an hour before kick off so if you have that time to adjust then it shouldn't be a huge deal? In fantasy NFL players are locked down 5 minutes before the match is scheduled to start.
It's 11am on Saturday as far as I know.

There is always a certain element of educated guesswork involved as all but a few managers regularly rotate players, especially strikers and midfielders.

BonnieShels
24/01/2013, 7:34 PM
1130 on a Saturday.

7pm on a Tuesday for midweek fixtures.

Colbert Report
24/01/2013, 11:16 PM
I live in Alberta, Canada so I'm seven hours behind Irish time. I have to set my team on Friday night before I go to bed. It isn't as simple as getting up first thing and tweaking my lineup. The cut-off is 4am Saturday morning for me.

BonnieShels, where is the forum on the offical site?

passinginterest
25/01/2013, 8:34 AM
www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/
I'd have a look at this most weeks for a few tips. That and the fantasy premier league thread on the football365 forum. 100 points this week, although I did use my wildcard. Easily the best season I've had in fantasy football and a lot of that is down to taking tips from those sites (still not winning my money leagues but 71,077th overall with 1264 points).