PDA

View Full Version : Erasmus Study

Keen2win
22/01/2013, 12:58 PM
Right so, looks like I might be off on a year of study next year. I have got a few choices, in three countries...

Sweden
Belgium
The Netherlands

Anyone care to give any opinions on any of the above countries in relation to cost of living, etc. Cost of living will be a big factor.

I have been to Belgium and The Netherlands before, but my memories are a bit hazy!

They are all English speaking universities!

Anyway, the decision has to be made today, so I'm probably leaving it a bit late to be asking.....

A face
22/01/2013, 1:50 PM
Sweden
Belgium
The Netherlands.

Is it just those three countries? Obviously you are gonna be in a university town so you are not gonna be too remote, i would choose Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium in that order. Sweden would have the highest cost of living i'd imagine, the other two would be the same i think. Netherlands is the easiest to get to i would think, Belgium does have Brussels alright. I suppose look at direct flights and see.

Keen2win
08/02/2013, 5:14 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you!

Been offered Rotterdam, fairly excited tbh! Anyone have anything nice to say about the place?

Will defo be heading to the football over there. Few football teams around, the main being Feyenoord F.C. Is it expensive to be attending games? I'd prob be better off following one of the smaller teams in the city?

BonnieShels
11/02/2013, 12:18 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you!

Been offered Rotterdam, fairly excited tbh! Anyone have anything nice to say about the place?

Will defo be heading to the football over there. Few football teams around, the main being Feyenoord F.C. Is it expensive to be attending games? I'd prob be better off following one of the smaller teams in the city?

As someone who will be living in Rotterdam get on the Sparta Rotterdam bandwagon. As an LOI fan you'll get used to the pain quickly.

There's also teams in Dordrecht, Barendrecht and the Hague as well if ya fancy the trip

Spudulika
11/02/2013, 12:38 PM
Rotterdam's a nice enough place. You'd expect what you get from a port city and the people are friendly. It's a wee bit rough around the edges though it's close to other major cities that have more to do.

Agree with BS, Sparta are a team for those who want to suffer! And you're not far away from Germany and it's wonderful leagues!

BonnieShels
11/02/2013, 12:49 PM
Rotterdam's a nice enough place. You'd expect what you get from a port city and the people are friendly. It's a wee bit rough around the edges though it's close to other major cities that have more to do.

Agree with BS, Sparta are a team for those who want to suffer! And you're not far away from Germany and it's wonderful leagues!

If he's gonna travel to Germany, he may as well head to Amsterdam and Eindhoven.