PDA

View Full Version : supporters club agm

fitzpatrick10
21/01/2013, 3:43 PM
in the town notes today"The Supporters’ Club will be holding its AGM on Monday Feb 4th in the Clubhouse at 8pm."

is it just me or does anyone else think its pointless having it on a monday night when all us younger lads who have been asked to get invloved have shown interest in helping out will be in college.. surely there was a better day then this

Martinho II
21/01/2013, 4:43 PM
in the town notes today"The Supporters’ Club will be holding its AGM on Monday Feb 4th in the Clubhouse at 8pm."

is it just me or does anyone else think its pointless having it on a monday night when all us younger lads who have been asked to get invloved have shown interest in helping out will be in college.. surely there was a better day then this

well Ethan,
The AGM or monthly meeting is always held on a Monday but I have voiced your concerns to Tiernan Dolan and see what can be done.

edit:
tiernan got in touch with me. The reason for that is it is the only time it suits Johnny Nevin to attend. I have voiced your concerns and he is going to run it past Liam Healion so leave it with me. If any of ye lads have being asked to help us out and you cant attend I can gladly give ye Liam and Tiernans mobiles out to ye as new blood will be of great help as the committee will be down three people compared to last season this time

Pauro 76
21/01/2013, 6:17 PM
Lads, if it changes, put it up on here so can change it on the website, ta!

L.T.F.C.
21/01/2013, 7:26 PM
I want to and have been asked to get involved. If this is what is going to be happening I won't bother. No reason for not having it an hour before some preseason match.

sorbothegreek
22/01/2013, 8:18 AM
I want to and have been asked to get involved. If this is what is going to be happening I won't bother. No reason for not having it an hour before some preseason match.

Lads, i don't think there's any need for over the top threats like the above to be issued! You've looked for a meeting, i've said that we are going to organise that at a time that will be suitable to you.
We're still open to more coming forward by the way (we've 3 at the moment) and we're hoping to arrange this meeting most probably before the Sligo game.

All going well we will have members of the club committee and also the supporters club committee in attendance. As i said before i'll be in touch with all those that are interested once details have been arranged.

L.T.F.C.
22/01/2013, 2:44 PM
Over the top threats? Where? From me?

outspoken
22/01/2013, 6:27 PM
I have a motor these days so I will be in attendance unless something pops up

Cabs88
23/01/2013, 8:00 PM
Out of interest when is the Club AGM??

Martinho II
24/01/2013, 5:16 PM
Out of interest when is the Club AGM??

no word as of yet...

Cabs88
26/01/2013, 5:48 PM
I have decided to put any previous differences with the Supporters Club aside and attend the meeting and make an effort to get involved this year. As a good friend and a poster on this informed me, im a mature(!) man in my mid twenties and its all for the greater good. The town have given me some great memories over the years so I feel its time to give something back.

In this regard I have a few queries..

Is this a proper formal agm?
Will there be motions/nominations for positions?
If I sign up on the night will I have a vote?
How often do the supporters club meet?
Will there be an opportunity for open discussion at the meeting?

If anyone in the know could get back to me, i'd appreciate it

Thanks,
Kevin

L.T.F.C.
30/01/2013, 11:59 AM
New date: 11th of Feb 8pm. Doesn't say where.
Shame.

Martinho II
30/01/2013, 4:46 PM
Is this a proper formal agm? yes
Will there be motions/nominations for positions?yes
If I sign up on the night will I have a vote?yes
How often do the supporters club meet?once a month during the season
Will there be an opportunity for open discussion at the meeting? yes

Martinho II
30/01/2013, 4:47 PM
New date: 11th of Feb 8pm. Doesn't say where.
Shame.

its in the clubhouse as it was previously.