PDA

View Full Version : Sean Fallon RIP

Martinho II
20/01/2013, 8:37 PM
Im surprised that there is no thread on this anywhere on foot.ie but ex Glasgow Celtic and ex ROI International Sean Fallon passed away recently.He was 90 and was no 2 to Jock Stein at Celtic when they were champions of Europe in 1967.
He was born in Sligo and has a connection to Longford Town in that he played for us in the 1946 season. I havent come across his name too much in my longford town programme collection so in the interests of research I will be doing a piece on Sean Fallons days with Longford Town for our website and for the programme next season so watch this space it will take me a while to dig some info on him!
All I know on him is that his first cousin Kevin "Neighbour "Fallon played with us at the same time as him. He won eight Ireland senior caps between 1950 and 1958.
May he rest in peace.

L.T.F.C.
20/01/2013, 10:07 PM
You're some man Marty!

outspoken
21/01/2013, 1:24 PM
Hadnt a clue that Fallon had played with us until I wise old head told me on Saturday, unreal.

Martinho II
21/01/2013, 4:55 PM
You're some man Marty!
the joys of being unemployed!!

Martinho II
25/01/2013, 5:43 PM
Update folks. Thanks to the guys in the Longford Leader archive section I have gathered all relevant information on Sean Fallon and will be puttin some sense to it over the weekend. He played the 46-47 and 47-48 seasons for us and after he left us at the start of the following season ,four former teammates of his at Longford Town joined him at Sligo Rovers.
I have got a photo of him in a Longford Town jersey from 1946 and Neil Halligan will be takin a photo on his digital camera and sending it by email and there was a great photo with Paddy Clabby in 1976 in the current Longford Leader issue so that will be scanned in the coming days and sent to the town website address..so bear with me over the coming days and all will be revealed!

Martinho II
29/01/2013, 6:35 PM
http://ltfc.ie/index.php/sean-fallon-rip/#more-3043

the article of Sean Fallon for your enjoyment!

Keen2win
29/01/2013, 7:04 PM
Can someone name the three people in the photo please?

Pauro 76
29/01/2013, 7:40 PM
Can someone name the three people in the photo please?

Just updated the caption there...