PDA

View Full Version : Roma Match

eoinh
15/09/2004, 8:59 PM
Apparently the Roma champions league match has been suspended due to the ref being hit by an object thrown from the stands.

brendy_éire
15/09/2004, 9:01 PM
Hello massive fine.

Plastic Paddy
15/09/2004, 9:06 PM
On Sky just now. Anders Frisk was the ref, and the television coverage shows him being led to the dressing rooms with his forehead covered in blood.

At the least, I expect Roma to be fined and forced to play all their matches behind closed doors for the remainder of the competition.

:( PP

liam88
15/09/2004, 9:07 PM
Heard something about Mr. Dallas reffing the game....didn't read into it, not sure if it was a poor taste joke re. 95 :confused:

Sorry just read PP's post more carefully :rolleyes:

thecorner
15/09/2004, 9:23 PM
On Sky just now. Anders Frisk was the ref, and the television coverage shows him being led to the dressing rooms with his forehead covered in blood.

At the least, I expect Roma to be fined and forced to play all their matches behind closed doors for the remainder of the competition.

:( PP

or even expelled from the competition

Kowalski
15/09/2004, 9:28 PM
that was disgraceful, on sky they show a camera angle where you see a guy in the background throwing an object toward where Anders(past life as a p*rn star) Frisk is walking to the tunnel.
Mexes deserved to go, they were losing 1-0 to a cracking free kick, so they will probably lose the points, dont think they would get expelled.

brendy_éire
15/09/2004, 10:28 PM
or even expelled from the competition

That would be harsh.

It was a coin, apparently. Was it a Roma or Dynamo Kiev fan that threw it, did anyone see?

Kowalski
15/09/2004, 10:57 PM
you would have to presume a roma fan:
they were 1-0 down,
the half time whistle blew,
mexes was sent off after the half time whistle blew for kicking out at a kiev player.
as the ref was walking toward the tunnel someone threw something & hit him.
the guy the sky sports camera showed looked like pavarotti, so it all points to being a roma fan.

A face
15/09/2004, 11:31 PM
It was a coin

There is no suprise there ..... they are always at it.

liam88
16/09/2004, 8:15 AM
A lighter was this mornings report-hope for the refs sake it wasn't a zippo........

joeSoap
16/09/2004, 8:16 AM
you would have to presume a roma fan:
they were 1-0 down,
the half time whistle blew,
mexes was sent off after the half time whistle blew for kicking out at a kiev player.
as the ref was walking toward the tunnel someone threw something & hit him.
the guy the sky sports camera showed looked like pavarotti, so it all points to being a roma fan.
mmm yes indeed Mr Sherlock Holmes, I concur.....

lopez
16/09/2004, 11:59 AM
Heard something about Mr. Dallas reffing the game....didn't read into it, not sure if it was a poor taste joke re. 95 :confused:

Sorry just read PP's post more carefully :rolleyes:I saw Senor Dallas ref the AC Milan v Depor game in 2001. He gave a penalty against the hosts - to be fair it was a bit of a dive if I remember but I wasn't complaining - and promptly got showered in oranges. :eek: The irony! :D

carricksmasher
16/09/2004, 12:21 PM
if they show the replay again, keep an eye out for pavarotti in the background throwing the lighter...classic

brendy_éire
16/09/2004, 12:34 PM
UEFA meeting on Tuesday to sort it out.
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=229752.html

Troy.McClure
16/09/2004, 1:13 PM
Any body seceretly happy that it was Frisk that was the ref or am I just a bad person? He can be up his own @ss sometimes. Would expect a fine and the next 3-6 games to be behind closed doors + the 3 points to be given to Kiev.

tiktok
16/09/2004, 1:52 PM
Any body seceretly happy that it was Frisk that was the ref or am I just a bad person?.

:D you're a bad person.
I think Frisky's an excellent ref to be honest

jofyisgod
16/09/2004, 5:47 PM
I think Frisky's an excellent ref to be honest

The guys legenedary! I mean, how many other refs wear gols chains and have bleached hair whilst having their shirt open to their belly button?

This is a disgrace though-Frisk was really distressed, and refs shouldn't have to contend with things like this. Roma have a bad rep anyway-anyone else remember the protest/riot last year, whn a rumour about a young fella being run over by the police got spread?
:mad:

sylvo
16/09/2004, 6:13 PM
watched the big debate about the incident on sky sport's with Glen Hoddle, Ray Wilkin's and yer man from sky sport's that double's up as a Gorrilla.
Wilkin's was giving out about chucking thing's at ref's, yet he must have forgot that he got sent off when playing for the 3 puddy cat's during mexico 86 for doing pretty much the same thing, chucking the ball at the back of the ref's head.
Hoddle also had a bit of a wobble about the thugish Roma fan's and their shocking behaviour at game's, and how that would never happen in England.
He must have forgotten about some of the club's he managed as well as that national team he was in charge of. :rolleyes:

liam88
16/09/2004, 9:29 PM
Hoddle also had a bit of a wobble about the thugish Roma fan's and their shocking behaviour at game's, and how that would never happen in England.
He must have forgotten about some of the club's he managed as well as that national team he was in charge of. :rolleyes:

Funny ya should mention this tit-was actually havin' a chat with ma bro about him the other day. We could never work out how he managed to slip disablked people and their pasts lives intoa pres conferance.

"How do you think Ingurland did today Mr. Hoddle?"
"Well the fans behavious was appallling but not half as bad as the players and did you know that disabled people are being punished for appalling behaviour in their past life"

Total la***r tbh :rolleyes:

Closed Account 2
17/09/2004, 10:15 PM
http://www.ayksolutions.com/~chaser2k/Frisk2.avi shows it all.

Pretty bad thing to happen, Roma will no doubt get a hefty fine (and financially theyre up the creek any how) Mrs Sensi (daughter of owner) said the fines and loss of crowd revenue could cost 20Mil Euros.

Chucking them out of the CL would set a dangerous precident. It was a nasty thing, but one person chucking one coin could cause a team to get knocked out.

I'm no fan of either Real Madrid or Man Utd and would love to see both out of the Champions League, but of course would never dream of getting a ticket at the Bernabeau or Old Trafford and chucking a coin at the ref to get them chucked out, but there are probably some "fans" who hate certain clubs and are deranged enough to do it.

Im sure there would be one or two nutters who say support Rangers and would be tempted to do that at Celtic Park or vice-versa. Or a Barca fan who might do it in Madrid or a Dortmund fan at Schalke etc etc.

thecorner
18/09/2004, 10:53 PM
Any body seceretly happy that it was Frisk that was the ref or am I just a bad person?

after he became our 12th man against spain.no way

12 v 10 and still couldnt beat them :rolleyes:

eoinh
06/11/2004, 9:31 AM
I read in world soccer that the object thrown at Frisk came from the VIP section! :eek:

He was also nearly attacked at a recent swedish league match before the cops saved him. Hes had a few tough weeks.