PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Tallaght ??

A face
15/09/2004, 6:50 PM
Lads, is there anyone there that can give us an update, has any of the money owed to the builders been paid ? Is there any news at all ??

Can you give us any idea ??

Poor Student
22/09/2004, 10:09 PM
Great minds think alike Aface, I came here about to post the same thing. How much has been completed? When are you moving there? You'd better get something sorted soon, according to Stu's thread your attendences have halved to about 1000.

the 12 th man
23/09/2004, 7:12 AM
[QUOTE=Poor Student]How much has been completed? QUOTE]

i'm no building expert but i'd say its about 1/2 to 2/3 rds finished.
the main stand looks almost finished and you can see the remainder of the infrastructure in place i.e walls etc. :)

NY Hoop
23/09/2004, 11:19 AM
The stand was half done a good while back. If we can get the roof and seats in.......

When are we moving there?! Probably 3-4 weeks! And our attendances are below 1,000.

If I had a euro everytime I was asked about Tallaght and/or Buckley in Basel I could finish the stand myself!!

KOH

the 12 th man
23/09/2004, 11:28 AM

When are we moving there?! Probably 3-4 weeks!

it has'nt been touched in about 2 years so you w'ont be moving in for a while yet.
no sign of the money to finish it available yet.

Passive
23/09/2004, 11:35 AM
Well, Rovers have two main problems regarding the new stadium:
1. We've no money
2. We've no prospect of getting any money

There is a deal on the table and it is currently out of our hands (i.e. it is between two non-SRFC entities to work out between themselves. If that sounds mysterious, it is - don't even begin to ask about the background, we'd be here for days, if not months). The deal has been on the table for two years, but unfortunately our club has been left in such a remarkable mess that we have practically had to draft in scientists from NASA to even begin to understand the state of affairs.
This deal will, hopefully, be sorted out over the next few weeks, which would then see the builders, fully paid, go back on site to complete the stadium by next summer. That said, there have been more rumours regarding the signing of this deal than there have been about Elvis living in Africa.
No chance of having it ready for the start of next season; a remote chance of having it ready at some stage next season. Tallaght will happen, probably on the same day they find the aforementioned King of rock 'n' roll living in harmony with Jim Morrison in Zaire. The question is this: will there still be a Shamrock Rovers to move into the ****ing place?