PDA

View Full Version : Carl McHugh (D ATK Mohun Bagan b.1993)

Pages : [1] 2

BonnieShels
08/01/2013, 8:35 PM
Former Dundalk player Carl McHugh scores Bradford's third tonight.

I know he was on loan... but I want a LOI link.

gastric
08/01/2013, 8:37 PM
Strong header too. Burke on for Villa. Villa are shocking, no wonder Lambert looks worried.

Charlie Darwin
08/01/2013, 9:15 PM
He could have cut a steak with that header. Bullet. Villa look to be in terminal decline, Lambert's personal vendettas leading him to leave out the only senior players left at the club.

oriel
08/01/2013, 10:58 PM
Former Dundalk player Carl McHugh scores Bradford's third tonight.

I know he was on loan... but I want a LOI link.

Decent enough link as he was with us for half a season, July 2011 transfer window and stayed to the end of that year. Great player, delighted for him, and a superb goal.

BonnieShels
08/01/2013, 11:44 PM
Decent enough link as he was with us for half a season, July 2011 transfer window and stayed to the end of that year. Great player, delighted for him, and a superb goal.

I was thinking of the pedants in here. You know who you are...

nigel-harps1954
09/01/2013, 12:01 AM
I was thinking of the pedants in here. You know who you are...

Whey!

OwlsFan
09/01/2013, 9:38 AM
Interesting his description of his home in Donegal to the Sky commentator, "a one horse town without the horse". Enjoyable game to watch.

Dodge
09/01/2013, 9:44 AM
Can't be too many examples in English football of a Donegal man scoring against a keeper from Donegal

EAFC_rdfl
09/01/2013, 10:18 AM
gary 'the doc' doherty for norwich against given for newcastle in August 2004. Not sure did he score against Given at any other stage. Don't think Coleman has scored against Given either

DannyInvincible
09/01/2013, 10:26 AM
Can't be too many examples in English football of a Donegal man scoring against a keeper from Donegal

Conrad Logan is another Donegal goalkeeper playing in the English league system. Not sure if another Donegal man has ever scored past him though.

gary 'the doc' doherty for norwich against given for newcastle in August 2004. Not sure did he score against Given at any other stage. Don't think Coleman has scored against Given either

Given played in that game, according to this report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3577064.stm

The visitors got their reward for continuing to press when Craig Fleming's shot was parried by Given into the path of Doherty, who made no mistake from six yards.

tricky_colour
09/01/2013, 5:13 PM
Sign him up Trap!!!

(surprised I am the first!!)

nigel-harps1954
09/01/2013, 6:43 PM

By default, you could say Owen Coyle must have scored against Packie Bonner in Scotland at some stage? Coyle takes his Irish ancestry from Donegal.

Charlie Darwin
09/01/2013, 7:10 PM
If we're going by ancestry, perhaps Rory Delap has scored on Given at some stage.

BonnieShels
10/01/2013, 12:16 AM
sign him up trap!!!

(surprised i am the first!!)

infraction!!!

tetsujin1979
04/02/2013, 4:47 PM
his song for the U21s: http://twitter.yfrog.com/nas1veukhavbqluwdkprneegz

Crosby87
04/02/2013, 11:35 PM
He looks...vampire-ish.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK_W4_Y1o3TbzzL-rEiW6OhC28bDN_38Xjz2SXyZHGhpfHinMhrQ

nigel-harps1954
05/02/2013, 1:48 PM
What is with people commenting on how footballers look now? It's strange. Every new thread that pops up has to have a picture with "he looks (insert witty comment)"

Feckin women the lot of ye..

BonnieShels
05/02/2013, 2:27 PM
What is with people commenting on how footballers look now? It's strange. Every new thread that pops up has to have a picture with "he looks (insert witty comment)"

You have some gall...

I'm only a month behind you. I thought it would just be a phase I'd get over. If it was up to the girlfriend, she'd have the site destroyed.

On another note, I just realised, I'm drinking a latte while eating iced buns. I all of a sudden feel really posh. (http://foot.ie/threads/99286-The-say-anything-what-s-on-your-mind-thread?p=1655665&viewfull=1#post1655665)

nigel-harps1954
05/02/2013, 2:52 PM
You have some gall...

Touché.

Still..at least I don't comment on how men look.

I'm off to have a latte.

SkStu
05/02/2013, 3:31 PM

its funny! i thought the same thing after seeing that yesterday and then i realised that it is mostly/always Crosby that does it. I dig that crazy cat.

tetsujin1979
05/02/2013, 3:52 PM
back on topic, it's his birthday today, he's 20
Happy birthday Carl

SkStu
05/02/2013, 5:10 PM
RIP Carl.

paul_oshea
05/02/2013, 8:21 PM
he is finished

theworm2345
06/02/2013, 12:24 AM

At least some women have some idea about football and/or the Irish team...

This place is starting to get pathetic.

gastric
06/02/2013, 12:31 AM

And bitchy!

nigel-harps1954
06/02/2013, 12:32 AM

Good luck to ya then ;)

SkStu
06/02/2013, 2:07 AM

Miaow....

There's a place for all contributors in this forum, irrespective of the perceived quality of the contributions. Isn't intolerance the reason you moved over here from ybig in the first place?

gastric
06/02/2013, 2:22 AM
Miaow....

There's a place for all contributors in this forum, irrespective of the perceived quality of the contributions. Isn't intolerance the reason you moved over here from ybig in the first place?

It sounds like you are quoting from that great poem 'The New Colussus' Stu!

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

SkStu
06/02/2013, 2:28 AM
I try to write most of my posts in the style of the great Emma Lazarus...

(Thank you google!)

geysir
06/02/2013, 9:50 AM
I try to write most of my posts in the style of the great Emma Lazarus...

I knew it, we all knew it, you yearned for the land of the free.
Canada was to be a stepping stone but somehow you just couldn't make it happen.

paul_oshea
06/02/2013, 3:43 PM
Don't worry, wormie is taking the chicago second city syndrome to a personal level. Its really crosby he is referring to, for those who didnt spot it.

tetsujin1979
22/02/2013, 9:28 AM
voted football league young player of the month: http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/mchugh-young-player-january-670606.aspx

Charlie Darwin
22/02/2013, 4:31 PM
Noticed that in this BBC article. Sadly it looks like he won't be starting in the final as Bradford have brought in reinforcements and he's missed the last three games, two of which they've lost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21369464

elroy
23/02/2013, 10:13 AM
Noticed that in this BBC article. Sadly it looks like he won't be starting in the final as Bradford have brought in reinforcements and he's missed the last three games, two of which they've lost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21369464

Shame if thats the case, seems to be big numbers going over from Dun na nGall.

BonnieShels
23/02/2013, 10:41 AM
111 coming over according to Carl on RTÉ website.

Charlie Darwin
24/02/2013, 7:21 PM
He played left-back today, which was a bit of a surprise, but I thought he handled himself well in spite of the scoreline. The Swansea players' movement was obviously something the Bradford players had never really come across before, which doesn't say much for Arsenal.

paul_oshea
25/02/2013, 9:45 AM
When I saw the lineup I thought he was in the centre starting off. As I watched the first half I thought, whoever is playing at left back is getting roasted by Swansea, everything was aimed there. I thought he changed in the second half when they made that substitution as Davis was a centre back, because i thought Michu had scored the goal through his legs in the first half. Anyway if he played at left back all the time, he was being targeted by Swansea all the first half.

ArdeeBhoy
25/02/2013, 10:37 AM
Out of his league like the whole 'Bratfurt' team yesterday, but hopefully a stepping stone to moving up a division or two at season's end?

Charlie Darwin
25/02/2013, 9:54 PM
When I saw the lineup I thought he was in the centre starting off. As I watched the first half I thought, whoever is playing at left back is getting roasted by Swansea, everything was aimed there. I thought he changed in the second half when they made that substitution as Davis was a centre back, because i thought Michu had scored the goal through his legs in the first half. Anyway if he played at left back all the time, he was being targeted by Swansea all the first half.
Actually, he was playing centre half in the first half, but they moved him out left after half time presumably to stem the flood.

paul_oshea
26/02/2013, 8:40 AM
Ok, I think we can take from this that we can dismiss your observation of players from now on CD, as you don't even know who plays where, who you are looking at and whether they played any good :D. You thought he played left back the whole game, the left back was absolutely atrocious in the first half, therefore you missed the fact that he let a shot through his legs which went in(Michu's goal). He was ok at left back in the second half, nothing spectacular but better than the young 19 year old there in the first half.

Charlie Darwin
18/02/2014, 8:40 PM
Just scored a last-minute winner for Bradford at Port Vale in League One. Seems to be back in favour now and the January rumours of him going to Derry look to be unfounded.

tetsujin1979
16/06/2014, 3:46 PM
signed for Plymouth Argyle: http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/mchughs-that-man-1627229.aspx

TheOneWhoKnocks
05/07/2016, 1:51 PM
Has signed for Motherwell.

TheOneWhoKnocks
01/09/2016, 3:06 PM
Don't click on the link if you have a weak stomach..

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/carl-mchugh-suffers-horror-facial-wound-on-motherwell-league-debut/story-29593750-detail/story.html

McHugh suffers horror facial injury on August 6 and hasn't played since.

tetsujin1979
29/12/2016, 12:08 AM
back in the Motherwell starting XI for their 2-1 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle after suffering a delayed concussion from that injury on the opening day of the season

TheOneWhoKnocks
01/01/2017, 12:54 PM
McHugh opens up on nightmare injury.

https://www.thesun.ie/uncategorized/366780/former-ireland-u-21-carl-mchugh-opens-up-on-nightmare-injury/

DeLorean
05/03/2018, 1:19 PM
McHugh scored a brilliant winner to send Motherwell into the Scottish Cup semi finals yesterday. They'll play the winners of Aberdeen & Kilmarnock with the Old Firm being paired together again in the other semi. Fellow former Irish underage international Charles Dunne also played the ninety minutes for Motherwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMhw8eLjvGM

Edit - I see since that McHugh picked up a yellow in the game and is suspended for the semi final.

Olé Olé
05/03/2018, 2:32 PM
Dunne is another one to add to the list of young defenders we have in the SPL alongside McHugh, Shaughnessy, O'Connor and Devine. How good is the standard there is the question? Dunne, O'Connor, Devine and McHugh have all had mixed experiences at League One and League Two level.

NeverFeltBetter
02/09/2019, 1:53 PM
I was looking up some info on the Indian Super League for a project and saw Carl McHugh's name as one of its registered foreign players, with Kolkata team ATK: https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/isl-transfers-atk-sign-brothers-soosairaj-and-regin-irish-defender-carl-mchugh

Signed back in May apparently. Hell of a change from Scotland I'd say.

paul_oshea
03/09/2019, 1:21 PM
Yes Yes Yes