PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Lawson Cup 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2

Zizou
06/01/2013, 10:03 PM
Granville Rgs 8-1 Cappamore

Ken O Donoghue (3) Danny Henehen (3) Liam Quinn (pen) Steve Cahill.

Hibs7772
09/01/2013, 12:09 AM
Granville Rgs 8-1 Cappamore

Ken O Donoghue (3) Danny Henehen (3) Liam Quinn (pen) Steve Cahill.
Some result for ye Zizou! Ye are flying it! Do you know when the 2nd round games are to be played?

Zizou
09/01/2013, 8:50 AM
Yes, it was a good result for us. Could have been more, but we'll take 8-1. :)
No clue about the next round mate. We have A/Annacotty, I know that much. Are you still in it?

Hibs7772
11/01/2013, 9:02 AM
Yes, it was a good result for us. Could have been more, but we'll take 8-1. :)
No clue about the next round mate. We have A/Annacotty, I know that much. Are you still in it?
Haha yeah no need to be greedy about it:p Yeah we are, we got a by, have Wembley in the next round

abbeyvale
12/01/2013, 7:55 PM
Updated Draw in full:

Lawson Cup 2nd Round
[a] CAREW PARK v PROSPECT
[b] REGIONAL v CHARLEVILLE
[c] BALLYLANDERS v GLENVIEW
[e] JANESBORO v KIMALLOCK
[f] GRANVILLE v A/ANNACOTTY
[g] GERALDINES v KNOCKAINEY
[h] HOSPITAL v CAHERDAVIN
[i] CAHERCONLISH v ATHLUNKARD
[j] BALLYNANTY v PIKE ROVERS
[k] CROOM v LISNAGRY
[L] BRUFF v SUMMERVILLE
[m] MURROE v NORTHSIDE/HERBERTSTOWN
[n] WEMBLEY ROVERS v SHANNON HIBS
[o] COONAGH v MEANUS
[p] MOYROSS v ST PATRICKS

3rd Round
1= [m] v [a]
2= [g] v [j]
3= [p] v [L]
4= [f] v [e]
5= FAIRVIEW v [b]
6= [k] v [h]
7= [c] v [n]
8= [o] v [i]

Quarter finals
[A]= 6 v 5
[B]= 7 v 1
[C]= 4 v 2
[D]= 3 v 8

Semi-Finals
[A] V [B]
[D] V [C]

Jofspring
19/01/2013, 9:08 AM
Only one match going ahead in this at the weekend as far as I know.

Coonagh vs Meanus, Sunday 10:30 UL Astro.

Jofspring
20/01/2013, 3:36 PM
Coonagh 2-0 Meanus.

Meanus made it very tough for us and we were poor. The result is all that counts in the end.

Zizou
21/01/2013, 10:10 PM
PREDICTIONS

Ballylanders 1 Glenview
Geraldines 1 Knockainey
Hospital 1 Caherdavin
Caherconlish 1 Athlunkard Villa
Croom 2 Lisnagry
Bruff 2 Summerville
Murroe 1 Northside
Wembley Rvs 1 Shannon Hibs
Moyross 1 St. Pat’s
Carew Park 1 Prospect Priory
Janesboro 1 Kilmallock
Ballynanty Rvs 2 Pike Rvs

lankyboy26
27/01/2013, 10:33 AM
Hospital v Caherdavin (called off)

Travelled out to Knocklong (Elton) this morning, 40 minute drive, to be told the pitch was unplayable. What a joke. After all the rain over the weekend sure there wasn't a hope it would be played. Waste of money travelling out there

thomas72
27/01/2013, 11:58 AM
Carew park 5 prospect 1,

Hibs7772
27/01/2013, 4:41 PM
Carew park 5 prospect 1,
Ye must have the best pitch in town for the match to have been on after that weather!

Wembley vs Hibs off pitch wasn't playable

thomas72
27/01/2013, 5:02 PM
Ye must have the best pitch in town for the match to have been on after that weather!

not no more after today Haha.

Minesapint
27/01/2013, 11:02 PM
Anyone go to balla v pike rovers game

hotdog
27/01/2013, 11:25 PM
Anyone go to balla v pike rovers game

Pike 2 Balla 0, Good game of ball weather ruined it but pike were by far the better side could have been 3 up at half time, balla did create few half chances early in second half,Tierney got the first for pike and boris scored a screamer from 30 yards to seal it,pitch took an aweful battering today crazy decision to let games go ahead ,On another note word up there yesterday that jason hughes has or is signing for bohs, im baffled by this as i have seen him play couple of times this year and really think he is way overated by himself mostly it must be said, tierney and o shea streets ahead of him yesterday,

js79
28/01/2013, 7:18 AM
Ye must have the best pitch in town for the
match to have been on after that weather!

It is probably in the top 5 pitches in town,pike Boro and Fairview all have top quality fields,alot of fields were damaged yesterday id say..

js79
28/01/2013, 7:24 AM
Pike 2 Balla 0, Good game of ball weather ruined it but pike were by far the better side
could have been 3 up at half time, balla did create few half chances early in second half,Tierney got the first for pike and boris scored a screamer from 30 yards to seal it,pitch took an aweful battering today crazy decision to let games go ahead ,On another note word up there yesterday that jason hughes has or is signing for bohs, im baffled by this as i have seen him play couple of times this year and really think he is way overated by himself mostly it must be said, tierney and o shea streets ahead of him yesterday,

I probably am going to sound a bit naive here hotdog but do you mean bohs that play league of Ireland,going to agree with you on this one,while Jason is a quality player he is not as good as John Tierney,he is the best midfielder in town by a mile,if Jason does sign for bohs it will be a big loss to Balla and best of luck to him.

faceoff
28/01/2013, 10:48 AM
It is probably in the top 5 pitches in town,pike Boro and Fairview all have top quality fields,alot of fields were damaged yesterday id say..

Saw yere game yesterday,and agree pitch will be wrecked for few weeks,I honestly don't know why clubs panic to get their pitches ready in monsoon weather,call the shagging games off,Geraldine's made the right call this weekend going out to UL,no lining pitches or putting up nets,get in get out,cost a few bob but no more than travelling to knockainey would cost,has the boro keeper Darren Glasheen signed for prospect,heard that at the game yesterday,

js79
28/01/2013, 11:19 AM
Saw yere game yesterday,and agree pitch will
be wrecked for few weeks,I honestly don't know why clubs panic to get their pitches ready in monsoon weather,call the shagging games off,Geraldine's made the right call this weekend going out to UL,no lining pitches or putting up nets,get in get out,cost a few bob but no more than travelling to knockainey would cost,has the boro keeper Darren Glasheen signed for prospect,heard that at the game yesterday,

We will not have a game on that field for another couple of Weeks,should be plenty of time to recover,the last thing we want is to get backlogged on matches,that's why we wanted to play the game yesterday,heard the same bout glasheen,don't no if its true,

neverseenit
28/01/2013, 7:20 PM
I probably am going to sound a bit naive here hotdog but do you mean bohs that play league of Ireland,going to agree with you on this one,while Jason is a quality player he is not as good as John Tierney,he is the best midfielder in town by a mile,if Jason does sign for bohs it will be a big loss to Balla and best of luck to him.
Yeah but tierney is already getting a wage for junior football so why go loi

Jofspring
28/01/2013, 7:43 PM
Yeah but tierney is already getting a wage for junior football so why go loi

He'd probably have to travel also as I couldn't see him re-signing with Limerick so not worth his while most likely.

Looks like Martin Deedy gone from Pike.

mrman
29/01/2013, 11:01 AM
He'd probably have to travel also as I couldn't see him re-signing with Limerick so not worth his while most likely.

Looks like Martin Deedy gone from Pike.

who is Deedy gone too

js79
29/01/2013, 11:39 AM
who is Deedy gone too
Its supposed to be cobh,if so it will be a big loss to pike,excellent player.

Jofspring
29/01/2013, 12:29 PM
Ya he is gone back to Cobh.

faceoff
29/01/2013, 3:29 PM
Its supposed to be cobh,if so it will be a big loss to pike,excellent player.

He is from Cobh,so no big surprise there once they got their LOI license,will be a loss but I see that young Jake Mulcahy played the weekend so he would be a ready made replacement fo him at left full and you also have young Donovan there so it could be a lot worse,that's just my opinion,Any sign of any junior players signing for limerick??Would they have to sign before deadline day or can they sign anytime,there's a few lads playing junior who are well capable of making the step up,New Limerick manager was at a couple of junior games recently so maybe he has his eye on 1 or 2.

hotdog
29/01/2013, 3:40 PM
He is from Cobh,so no big surprise there once they got their LOI license,will be a loss but I see that young Jake Mulcahy played the weekend so he would be a ready made replacement fo him at left full and you also have young Donovan there so it could be a lot worse,that's just my opinion,Any sign of any junior players signing for limerick??Would they have to sign before deadline day or can they sign anytime,there's a few lads playing junior who are well capable of making the step up,New Limerick manager was at a couple of junior games recently so maybe he has his eye on 1 or 2.

and which lads do you think are capable, i can think of only one and he will never play for limerick because of personal reasons, its a myth that alot of junior players can play at loi level, limerick didnt chase them when they were in the first division so why would they do it now

faceoff
29/01/2013, 4:10 PM
and which lads do you think are capable, i can think of only one and he will never play for limerick because of personal reasons, its a myth that alot of junior players can play at loi level, limerick didnt chase them when they were in the first division so why would they do it now

Then why is he looking at them so??as I said its only my opinion,but I watched limerick last year and think there maybe a couple playing junior football who may be good enough to have a go.i know he looked at a few Janesboro players the weekend,I'll leave it to yourself who you may think they are,you won't have to be Einstein to make it out,haha.

hotdog
29/01/2013, 4:12 PM
Then why is he looking at them so??as I said its only my opinion,but I watched limerick last year and think there maybe a couple playing junior football who may be good enough to have a go.i know he looked at a few Janesboro players the weekend,I'll leave it to yourself who you may think they are,you won't have to be Einstein to make it out,haha.

yes but you still have,nt answered my question , u said there are a few in your opinion who are capable so who are they in your opinion

hotdog
29/01/2013, 4:21 PM
who is Deedy gone too

im shocked ritchie you are normally mr pike and the man in the know

faceoff
29/01/2013, 4:37 PM
yes but you still have,nt answered my question , u said there are a few in your opinion who are capable so who are they in your opinion

Shane Waters,Pat Mullins,Wayne Colbert,Shane Clarke,I know he was there before but from what I see last year with limericks strikers,he's every bit as good as them,IMO,

Jofspring
29/01/2013, 5:05 PM
Sadly Shane Clarke has never shown the interest when with limerick so they may not be interested now, once bitten twice shy. Pa Mullins would be a good signing but would he be interested in signing if he wasn't a guaranteed starter I don't know. Shane Waters has had a few cracks also but in fairness to him he was very unlucky injury wise, would be worth a go on the wing as we are stuck there at the moment. Wayne gives 100% every game and is a tough player but is his football skill level high enough for the premier I don't know. He could probably do a good job as a defensive midfielder alright.

The step up from junior to first division is big and the step up from first to premier is even bigger and hard to know who would be up to it. A lot of the junior lads would have to prove themselves first and would they be willing to do that?

js79
29/01/2013, 6:59 PM
Sadly
Shane Clarke has never shown the interest when with limerick so they may not be interested now, once bitten twice shy. Pa Mullins would be a good signing but would he be interested in signing if he wasn't a guaranteed starter I don't know. Shane Waters has had a few cracks also but in fairness to him he was very unlucky injury wise, would be worth a go on the wing as we are stuck there at the moment. Wayne gives 100% every game and is a tough player but is his football skill level high enough for the premier I don't know. He could probably do a good job as a defensive midfielder alright.

The step up from junior to first division is big and the step up from first to premier is even bigger and hard to know who would be up to it. A lot of the junior lads would have to prove themselves first and would they be willing to do that?

There is probably only 3 or 4 players in limerick who I think could sign for the blues,but as hotdog said if they did not come after them when in first division why would they come back when in premier.personally I think Wayne Colbert and John Tierney would be the only 2 who could make the step up and play at that level every week.

Fairkop
29/01/2013, 10:06 PM
while its all about opinions there are surely half a dozen juniors capable of making the stepup.for anyone to suggest that limerick junior soccer contains maybe one player good enough is hardly credible given the strength of the local game.

Jofspring
29/01/2013, 10:45 PM
while its all about opinions there are surely half a dozen juniors capable of making the stepup.for anyone to suggest that limerick junior soccer contains maybe one player good enough is hardly credible given the strength of the local game.

True but its hard to know with so many going to LOI and not really having any impact in recent years. A few have looked very good at times in certain games i.e Tierney, Clarke, Colbert but how many have gone to LOI and been a consistent performer week in week out?

Taylor is there with an open mind so if he sees someone he thinks can step up I'm sure he will ask them to come up to training or a friendly. He hasn't seemed to yet as far as we know though so he must not have seen anything so far.

lawman
30/01/2013, 6:41 AM
Lads, did we not have this debate recently under "manager vacancy" or similar? I also saw Taylor at the Boro game on Sunday, brave man to attend a game in those weather conditions. He wouldn't have seen any Boro player tested though as Kilmallock were well beaten on the day. Some good goals though, from what I could see from the dressing room covered area :)

thomas72
30/01/2013, 7:04 AM
Imo there are only two tierney who has proved he is good enough for that level and a lad who can make it to the very top in this country and with a chance of going across the water Jamie stewart

mrman
30/01/2013, 8:35 AM
im shocked ritchie you are normally mr pike and the man in the know

now if I knew Ritchie, I wouldn't have asked, would I.

Zizou
09/02/2013, 3:21 PM
A. Annacotty - Granville.

7p.m tonight on the astro.

passandmove
20/02/2013, 10:39 PM
Wembley Shannon Hibs switched to ul astro this Saturday 6pm ko.

prawnsandwich2
21/02/2013, 6:15 AM
Wembley Shannon Hibs switched to ul astro this Saturday 6pm ko.

aaahhh!! thought you were not a fan of the astro pass and move;)
you could be setting a dangerous precedent:D:D

passandmove
21/02/2013, 11:57 AM
Ah prawn I'm disappointed with you!!Please read what I posted.....my gripe was with league games being switched to ul not cup ties!!You can lose home advantage in cup comps......you can't for league games.

prawnsandwich2
21/02/2013, 1:57 PM
Ah prawn I'm disappointed with you!!Please read what I posted.....my gripe was with league games being switched to ul not cup ties!!You can lose home advantage in cup comps......you can't for league games.

i am only pulling your leg bud...i read the post;)

passandmove
23/02/2013, 7:23 PM
Wembley 4 Hibs 0,good result for us tonite against a spirited Shannon side,a Keith Ryan hatrick an og accounted for our goals,glen view away next for us,best of luck to hibs for rest of season.

passandmove
03/03/2013, 6:37 PM
Wembley 5 Glenview 0......carew at home next.....nasty!!

thomas72
03/03/2013, 10:26 PM
Murroe 2 Carew park 5, Jonathan grant 2 john connery 2 Jamie o Sullivan.

Sea Bird
04/03/2013, 10:49 AM
pike 3 0 geraldines had a pop at the dines management last week but to be fair they had it spot on for 60 mins yesterday until a silly error cost them..their centre midfielder who went off injured was a huge blow and a silly mistake on the hour mark was the turning point..for a side to come up from 1a and compete in the premier like they have done they deserve a lot of credit very young team against a very experienced pike side yesterday and it was the best performance i have seen so far this season from pike the hunger and desire was there for all to see and if they keep that up i can see them being very hard to beat for the remainder of the season..hopefully ldmc make the carew park and pike league game a 2 o clock ko should be a cracking game...

AlanOB
21/04/2013, 12:42 PM
Janesboro 4-1 Pike Rovers

An eventful game to say the least at Estadio Pearse this morning. Boro started the game in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 shape, with Waters playing off lone striker Clarke. Lee O'Mara was in to partner Pa McGarry at the back. Pike began with a more traditional 4-4-2 shape with Okoro and Moloney as the two frontmen. Moloney was pulling right early on, dragging McGarry out, and with Wayne Colbert pushing on and supporting Doona at right mid, it looked like Pike were poised to create a decent opportunity from that side. Lee O'Mara was forced to make a couple of key interceptions from crosses early on. It was the home side, however, that would strike first. An excellent free kick, delivered by right full Wayne O'Donovan, turned into his own net by Pike midfielder Keith Hartnett.

Boro's shape up top was causing Pike problems. Waters was dropping into areas between the lines where he wasn't being picked up, and Clarke was causing Colm Enright problems with his movement and pace. Eventually, he was to be booked for a pull back on the striker after good work from Declan Nash on the left put his teammate through. That man Wayne O'Donovan stepped up again with the resulting free kick. It was one of those balls that you knew would result in a goal as soon as he struck it. Lee O'Mara applied the finishing touch with his head. 2-0.

Pike took action soon after by making two substitutes. Tommy Heffernan was introduced at right back for Conor Moloney, with Wayne Colbert moved into the centre to sweep behind Colm Enright. Paul Doona was also removed for Dave Ryan. The away side went on to create three glorious chances. First, an excellent through ball from Pa Moloney to John Okoro - the resulting shot was smothered excellently by keeper Dave McNamara. He should have scored. Then, a cross from the left by Eddie O'Donovan resulted in a close range headed chance for Keith Hartnett. Again Pike were denied. Finally, just before half time, referee Clancy awarded them a dubious penalty. It appeared that Lee O'Mara had won the ball with his sliding challenge in the box but the official thought otherwise. Particularly galling for Boro fans, as Clancy had refused to dismiss Enright minutes earlier for what seemed like a clear second bookable offence. Keith Hartnett missed the resulting penalty.

Second half began in the same pattern, with an early chance for Pike missed by Okoro. Boro incidentally now had Hurley playing at centre half as McGarry was removed at half time. Donnan was now in the middle, Waters on the right, with sub Pa Barry playing off Clarke. Pike changed shape about 5-10 minutes in, moving to a 4-3-3, with Hanrahan as the deepest midfielder and three strikers upfront in all phases. They didn't have much chance to bed into this however - Moloney was dismissed for a straight red after a poor attempt at a challenge on Aidan Hurley.

This was a key moment in the game. The Pike management decided to perservere with 3 strikers, removing defender Colm Enright, and introducing striker Alan Barry in the middle of the three. They were now 3-3-3, with Colbert one-on-one against Clarke, and no cover on the flanks. Minutes later they were unsurprisingly carved open as sub Pa Barry ran straight through the centre of their midfield/defence unchecked, and made it 3-0.

Really Boro should have ran rampant from this point as Pike were wide open. Pa Barry did make it 4-0 with an excellent strike from outside the box. Adrian Healy also saw an effort cleared off the line by Hartnett. And Shane Clarke hit the bar with a header from a corner. Boro, however, seemed happy to play out time, even when a late injury to Dave Ryan reduced Pike to nine men. A Hanrahan free kick, finished by Hartnett, provided a consolation for Pike.

The story of the game is a relatively simple one. Great set piece delivery put Boro two up. Three reasons cost Pike the chance to come back - poor finishing, poor discipline and poor management of the dismissal. There was a sense, even after the red card, that Pike would get back into it had they been more conservative with their shape. Instead they handed Boro the initiative, which they grabbed with two great finishes from Pa Barry.

Finally, without saying who was responsible, encouraging one's players to deliberately set out to take out opposition players is utterly reprehensible. Full credit to the referee for stopping the game to address it.

thomas72
21/04/2013, 1:05 PM
Wembley 1 Carew park 8

passandmove
21/04/2013, 1:50 PM
Wembley 1 Carew 8,score doesn't do the game justice.......it should have been 20,a very dark day for Wembley rovers football club,lack of quality is 1 thing but no heart or fight is just unacceptable......well done to Carew best of luck next Sunday.

HuRya
21/04/2013, 3:26 PM
Janesboro 4-1 Pike Rovers

An eventful game to say the least at Estadio Pearse this morning. Boro started the game in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 shape, with Waters playing off lone striker Clarke. Lee O'Mara was in to partner Pa McGarry at the back. Pike began with a more traditional 4-4-2 shape with Okoro and Moloney as the two frontmen. Moloney was pulling right early on, dragging McGarry out, and with Wayne Colbert pushing on and supporting Doona at right mid, it looked like Pike were poised to create a decent opportunity from that side. Lee O'Mara was forced to make a couple of key interceptions from crosses early on. It was the home side, however, that would strike first. An excellent free kick, delivered by right full Wayne O'Donovan, turned into his own net by Pike midfielder Keith Hartnett.

Boro's shape up top was causing Pike problems. Waters was dropping into areas between the lines where he wasn't being picked up, and Clarke was causing Colm Enright problems with his movement and pace. Eventually, he was to be booked for a pull back on the striker after good work from Declan Nash on the left put his teammate through. That man Wayne O'Donovan stepped up again with the resulting free kick. It was one of those balls that you knew would result in a goal as soon as he struck it. Lee O'Mara applied the finishing touch with his head. 2-0.

Pike took action soon after by making two substitutes. Tommy Heffernan was introduced at right back for Conor Moloney, with Wayne Colbert moved into the centre to sweep behind Colm Enright. Paul Doona was also removed for Dave Ryan. The away side went on to create three glorious chances. First, an excellent through ball from Pa Moloney to John Okoro - the resulting shot was smothered excellently by keeper Dave McNamara. He should have scored. Then, a cross from the left by Eddie O'Donovan resulted in a close range headed chance for Keith Hartnett. Again Pike were denied. Finally, just before half time, referee Molloy awarded them a dubious penalty. It appeared that Lee O'Mara had won the ball with his sliding challenge in the box but the official thought otherwise. Particularly galling for Boro fans, as Molloy had refused to dismiss Enright minutes earlier for what seemed like a clear second bookable offence. Keith Hartnett missed the resulting penalty, saved again by McNamara.

Second half began in the same pattern, with an early chance for Pike missed by Okoro. Boro incidentally now had Hurley playing at centre half as McGarry was removed at half time. Donnan was now in the middle, Waters on the right, with sub Pa Barry playing off Clarke. Pike changed shape about 5-10 minutes in, moving to a 4-3-3, with Hanrahan as the deepest midfielder and three strikers upfront in all phases. They didn't have much chance to bed into this however - Moloney was dismissed for a straight red after a poor attempt at a challenge on Aidan Hurley.

This was a key moment in the game. The Pike management decided to perservere with 3 strikers, removing defender Colm Enright, and introducing striker Alan Barry in the middle of the three. They were now 3-3-3, with Colbert one-on-one against Clarke, and no cover on the flanks. Minutes later they were unsurprisingly carved open as sub Pa Barry ran straight through the centre of their midfield/defence unchecked, and made it 3-0.

Really Boro should have ran rampant from this point as Pike were wide open. Pa Barry did make it 4-0 with an excellent strike from outside the box. Adrian Healy also saw an effort cleared off the line by Hartnett. And Shane Clarke hit the bar with a header from a corner. Boro, however, seemed happy to play out time, even when a late injury to Dave Ryan reduced Pike to nine men. A Hanrahan free kick, finished by Hartnett, provided a consolation for Pike.

The story of the game is a relatively simple one. Great set piece delivery put Boro two up. Three reasons cost Pike the chance to come back - poor finishing, poor discipline and poor management of the dismissal. There was a sense, even after the red card, that Pike would get back into it had they been more conservative with their shape. Instead they handed Boro the initiative, which they grabbed with two great finishes from Pa Barry.

Finally, without saying who was responsible, encouraging one's players to deliberately set out to take out opposition players is utterly reprehensible. Full credit to the referee for stopping the game to address it.
Fairly spot on in your assessment alan . 2 corrections - the referee was george clancy not "molloy" and harnett put his penalty wide.

HuRya
21/04/2013, 3:32 PM
Fairly spot on in your assessment alan . 2 corrections - the referee was george clancy not "molloy" and harnett put his penalty wide.