PDA

View Full Version : Footballer aged 7 signs for Real Madrid!

boc123
15/09/2004, 12:33 PM
Real Madrid have just signed a seven year old english kid?? I've seen it all now?? His entire family are moving over with him as well....

Click Here (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/09/15/story166627.html) for the story

the 12 th man
15/09/2004, 12:42 PM
tender age to be thinking about any career ,even a football one.
i think they are making a big mistake (the parents) by going for it,the club are taking a punt by signing him, but i would'nt subject a 7 year old to that kind of pressure.

TheJamaicanP.M.
15/09/2004, 4:07 PM
tender age to be thinking about any career ,even a football one.
i think they are making a big mistake (the parents) by going for it,the club are taking a punt by signing him, but i would'nt subject a 7 year old to that kind of pressure.

From reading some of your recent posts, I have realised that you are an expert on 7 year old footballers. :D I agree with you. It's difficult to know if a player will make it at 17, never mind 7. Its hard to know whether the club or the parents are to blame.

the 12 th man
16/09/2004, 7:07 AM
I agree with you. It's difficult to know if a player will make it at 17, never mind 7. Its hard to know whether the club or the parents are to blame.

wow,an endorsement from a p.m. :D
seriously though i'm no expert, but i have been involved with kids football for a while now and i cannot comprehend whats going on here.

for a start you have no idea what way the childs physique is going to develop.i.e. he could end up being a tubby 11 year old who c'ant run.

the mental strains are fairly obvious to see.

they could have registered an interest in the child but not uprooted him to spain at 7 ffs.

brendy_éire
16/09/2004, 12:22 PM
That's shocking there. Some amount of pressure to be putting on a wane.