PDA

View Full Version : 2013 and you.

Mad Moose
01/01/2013, 11:06 AM
Happy new year everyone. We all think new years resolutions and we commit for a time and generally forget about them. Well not anymore. Here's the place to set out your plans. So think carefully and commit them here.

2012 was a pretty decent year for me but I failed on a number of scores so going to build my resolve and see a few of those through.

I'm somewhat embarrassed that at 33 years of age I have no savings. It really hit me at the end of last year so this year I intend to save something each month. So I'll be staying of online shopping sites, betting sites and won't be looking to travel anywhere other than home this year which fits in nicely with the Gathering 2013. I'll be looking for cheap flights home and resolve to get myself home to see a few League of Ireland games through the year.

I've been resolving to make more contact also with so many people I've lost touch with in having moved around quite a bit in my life and with maturing years I'm much more reflective on that now.

I'll continue with my MSc and get through the Post Grad Diploma stage and set my plans for the final research year. I've set myself 2 years to complete that piece of work.

The last 3 years have been the most health focussed years of my life so I'm looking to drive that on and keep that focus and build on it. I'll likely set myself a challenge in the form of a marathon but I'll look to do that here or at home and might incorporate that into one of the trips home. It really is time I did one of my races on home soil.

There are many other lesser commitments and more personal ones also that I've had to the fore of my mind and I'll work through.

Wishing you luck with your commitments and resolutions. Feel free to share.

passinginterest
01/01/2013, 12:22 PM
2013 Should be an exciting one. Turn 30 a month from today, getting married in July, heading to Vegas and NYC late August/September on the honeymoon.

Need to decide on my best man and groomsman. To continue with getting fitter, running more, getting to the gym and keep up the football. Need to score a goal this season, nearly 80 games now without scoring and that's just ridiculous. Would like to hit 20 mins for 5k and break 50 mins for 10k, and maybe enter a few races and try a half marathon.

Mad Moose
01/01/2013, 5:14 PM
Well I failed and I'll openly admit it as I went on Amazon and bought FM 2012 as a present to myself. But thats it. No more Amazon browsing or shopping. On another note who says alcohol is bad for you. I stuck in a 12 and a half mile run today and it felt easy. I must have been burning alcohol so it has it's uses.

To everyone who has made resolutions good luck with them. Passing Interest. Sounds like a great year for you but for a man getting married you're worried about getting yer first goal :eek: Their not on the same page at all. As for getting fit. Well work your way up through the distances running and start off at whats comfortable and do that over and over and over and then marginally increase.

Next year a marathon for you then.