PDA

View Full Version : crap laws

thecorner
14/09/2004, 3:37 PM
just reading the echo there and this country is getting worse

some young fella brought to court whenn gardai came into club renaisance looking for ids

this fella who has 19 and couldnt prove at the time was brought to court and fined 100 yoyos

thats a fcuking joke

let me point,it also states that he was never in trouble and now has a criminal record over this

couldnt he have just brought his id to the garda station the next day

brendy_éire
14/09/2004, 3:57 PM
Huh?? :confused:
What exactly was he charged with? Is it illegal not to have an ID on ye in a licenced premises?

thecorner
14/09/2004, 4:09 PM
Is it illegal not to have an ID on ye in a licenced premises?

between the ages of 18-21

brendy_éire
14/09/2004, 4:11 PM
between the ages of 18-21

€100 and a criminal record for it is a joke though.

Colm
14/09/2004, 4:29 PM
couldnt he have just brought his id to the garda station the next day

That would seem like the common sense approach alright.

It's absolutly scandalous that he would be brought to court and fined simply for not having any id on him.

blobbyblob
14/09/2004, 4:50 PM
Heard on Ray Darcy this morning that its not illegal to urinate on your own car in public. Loophole on the urination in public law. When a mans gotta go, a mans gotta go.

liam88
14/09/2004, 5:10 PM
Heard on Ray Darcy this morning that its not illegal to urinate on your own car in public. Loophole on the urination in public law. When a mans gotta go, a mans gotta go.
In in-gur-land it has to be on the right-hand-side back whell................ :rolleyes: otherwise ya get done!

eoinh
14/09/2004, 5:15 PM
In in-gur-land it has to be on the right-hand-side back whell................ :rolleyes: otherwise ya get done!

Are you taking the p1ss or what!

liam88
14/09/2004, 5:28 PM
Are you taking the p1ss or what!
Am believing that that is a pun :D
But if it's not: no i'm not taking the p1ss, it's true! Also illegal to hang your bed out the window....

jofyisgod
14/09/2004, 5:57 PM
Also illegal to hang your bed out the window....

I heard that one too. I believe all of these weird and wonderful laws have mostly historical menaing, and are never enforced. Something about eating choclate in public too maybe? I remember these from a thing Radi One(In england) used to do, where the contestant would then have to run and break the law ASAP. Very good fun :)

eoinh
14/09/2004, 6:14 PM
Am believing that that is a pun :D

you would be am believing true.

A face
14/09/2004, 11:15 PM
Something about eating choclate in public too maybe?

Has this one something to do with the cocco content ??
Heard something similar ....... but it is all gone out the window now with France taking Britian to court over the veggie butter chocolate !! :eek:
Real quiz table stuff here like !!!!!

harpskid
15/09/2004, 2:55 PM
That's lousy getting that punishment for not having an ID :mad:

As for hanging the bed out the window........ :confused:

Peadar
15/09/2004, 3:21 PM
Heard on Ray Darcy this morning that its not illegal to urinate on your own car in public. Loophole on the urination in public law..

Thought that had something to do with melting the snow on your cartwheel?

GavinZac
15/09/2004, 5:25 PM
the bringing id thing is the law to stop 18-21s trying to get into places with out ID and causing trouble, like a certain neighbour of mine who paid dearly for it.

thecorner
15/09/2004, 5:47 PM
the bringing id thing is the law to stop 18-21s trying to get into places with out ID and causing trouble, like a certain neighbour of mine who paid dearly for it.

its no to stop people getting in...its to prove their age